Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do you have favourite game companies or developers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
Quest was responsible for Ogre Battle 64. They are a development team that's jumped ship a few times from Enix to Square to Nintendo and back to Square-Enix.

It was Quest? everytime I saw Atlus while playing Disgaea it reminded me of Ogre Battle o_O strange. Still a great company, though

Of course! I forgot about Firaxis. Countless hours while playing Civilization. Great company too

Soon enough, Mist Walker will be in my list too, for one reason. Hironobu. Sakaguchi.
suikodemon

Warriors of purgatory

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami: Silent Hill Suikoden and castlevania
Atlus: DDS Thousand arms and persona
Tri-ace, Enix: Radiata stories And Valkirye
Blizzard: World of warcraft
Square: FF, Dragon quest, Drakengard
i love all this games
Baggins

Brotherhood of the White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many different companies to list, but there are a few that stand out to me.

Konami: They started everything off right when they came out with Life Force and Contra (and the Konami Code, which worked on both!), and they've moved on very well with Metal Gear Solid (well, until they got to 3, which has a few scenes that are a bit too explicit for my tastes) and of course Suikoden.

Naughty Dog: Makers of the Jak and Daxter franchise, which I absolutely adore! I consider it to be one of the most perfect video game series ever!

Nintendo: One of the things that Nintendo's always had going for it is its franchises. The characters are great, the graphics continue to improve, and I've always been happy with their control systems.

UbiSoft: Okay, so there's only two games by them that I really know well, but both of them are absolutely phenomenal. Those are Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (haven't played any of the sequels, and I'm not sure I will, based on people telling me they're a bit darker and more explicit than the first) and Beyond Good and Evil, which is just amazing. Haven't heard anything about a sequel, but I'm still hopin' for one eventually!!!

There's probably more, but I can't think of any others at present. I'll list more when I think of 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually buy games from companies that I like.

Nintendo: I could probably be accused of being a Nintendo fanboy, but I can't help liking their games. I love Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, and probably any other Nintendo game you could name (excluding a lot of the Mario Party games and other Mario spin-off games).

Konami: Konami's probably my favorite game company besides Nintendo because they make very high quality games. Suikoden, Metal Gear Solid, and DDR are my favorites by them. I'm sure I'm forgetting others, but oh well.

Capcom: I can usually trust Capcom games to be pretty good, even though they can overdo the sequels quite a bit. I love the Capcom franchises to death: Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, etc.

Nippon Ichi: Love Nippon Ichi. I will continue to buy their games until I play a bad one (hardly likely to happen).

Tri-Ace: Their games usually are pretty innovative in the battle systems, so I respect them.

Square-Enix: Loved both companies separately, but haven't really had a chance to fairly judge them after the merge (I haven't gotten to play Dragon Quest VIII yet). They have a lot of potential though, and I am hoping that they will live up to their name as one of the best producers of RPGs around.

I think that's it. I probably like a few others, but can't think of them right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: