Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden V Dorimaga Scans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It bothers me because the Wind Rune's spells are green, and the Lightning rune's spells are purple. I've always thought the rune color should match the spell color, I figured some idiot mixed them up in the first game and then no one bothered to fix it.

If it was just to match the tiles, why wouldn't they just make the wind tiles purple (to match the rune?)
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Carabbit wrote:
It bothers me because the Wind Rune's spells are green, and the Lightning rune's spells are purple. I've always thought the rune color should match the spell color, I figured some idiot mixed them up in the first game and then no one bothered to fix it.

If it was just to match the tiles, why wouldn't they just make the wind tiles purple (to match the rune?)

Because that would really confuse people! It's not a mistake wind and thunder are normally the same color runes! In tactics they just needed to have different colors because the rune color played a part in the game!
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can easier to spelling "Fuwalafuwalu" than previous unofficial translation. You know what "Raja" in Indonesian means "King".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they just use colors depending on the situation. In III, the Lightning runes had yellow/green, purple, and even blue spells/effects. Wind had blue chanting, a purple color, and many colored spells. In IV, they used the opposite color in ship battles than in the rune's color. While it would be nice to have some uniformity, I don't think they're going to bother with such a small detail for a while.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lymsleia is the best! Aside from that, i can't comment on the other names.
I'm glad Miakis, Kyle, Viki, Killey, and Lorelai have kept their names.
Anything other thaan that would be a disaster. But i guess this time,
they'll be advertising really well on the characters!

I'll now prepare for the invasion of new Suikoden fans!

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well VF, Sars said at another thread that the hits to this site is increased. So we already have an invansion and maybe later will be more :?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden Tactics had the rune colors wrong. Also, just to bring it up, they also got the runic affinities and non-affinities wrong. Every element is supported by two elements and against the other two elements. NOT opposed to a single elements. That's how it is. These elements are represented by runic combination magic, which has been around since the first game.

As for the colors, lightning is green. Wind is white. Water is blue. Fire is red. Earth is yellow.

I don't know why Suikoden Tactics decided to go and change the colors like it did. But it isn't the only thing that Suikoden Tactics/Suikoden 4 have abandoned that was established by previous games. It's like they didn't bother playing the earlier games for accuracy.

^Actual quote!
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Suikoden Tactics had the rune colors wrong. Also, just to bring it up, they also got the runic affinities and non-affinities wrong. Every element is supported by two elements and against the other two elements. NOT opposed to a single elements. That's how it is. These elements are represented by runic combination magic, which has been around since the first game.

As for the colors, lightning is green. Wind is white. Water is blue. Fire is red. Earth is yellow.

I don't know why Suikoden Tactics decided to go and change the colors like it did. But it isn't the only thing that Suikoden Tactics/Suikoden 4 have abandoned that was established by previous games. It's like they didn't bother playing the earlier games for accuracy.

Because you are more of an authority on the games than Konami themselves. I don't see where in any of the games they state anything you just said. Also you seem to just be portraying the way you think it should go as fact. Translations can be wrong but the basic game mechanics cannot. They never defined a color for any element until Suikoden Tactics. Even then thier not bounded by it like a story aspect.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The rune affinities in the 4th game were meant as a gameplay addition for the ship strategy battles. Having one have a strength and weakness against another element was the only way to handle the five elements. Tactics continued this as it made for a nice strategy element. For all the things that 4 can be criticized for, this rant is one of the weaker arguments.

Also previously there was no specified rune affinities. If something was weak against one type of magic it was coded for that but it didn't always mean that what you would expect to be the opposite was necessarily the best option.

Colors have always been relatively up in the air as well. Simply depended on the spell and which game. To be honest that is such a minor inconsistency I don't get how it matters. I rather see consistency between events and characters over which color best represented each rune.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To bring something else up, in some cases, you could make good guesses about what Rune affinities a person would have based on what they looked like.

Such as Nina being good with Fire (she wore quite a bit of red), and Yumi being good with Lightning, Water, and Earth (she wore colors that reminded me of the earth...).

I don't usually associate colors with runes, except for the obvious ones (such as Fire and Water). I'd be really worried if I ever saw a purple flame or a yellow flood...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:

I thought Wind was always green, thats the color Luc had his rune in Suikoden III, I kinda thought Lightning was always purple too, except Geddoe's his was green.

Lun? I thought it was Ran..also I wonder if they plan to retranslated Gizel's name to something esle..
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zahak wrote:
I thought Wind was always green, thats the color Luc had his rune in Suikoden III..

Yes. His clothes in Suiko 1 and 2 were green too what shows how much he has to do with wind. I don't care for the colors of the rune animations..
As long as fire is red/orange/yellow and water rune animations are blue
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There weren't really affinities in Suikoden I. The affinities were mainly in SII and onward....

Oh boy, we'll get an invasion of new people. I'll have no problem with them as long as they can type pretty decently. Of course, I make no promises about not hitting them with paper fans if I see them use certain words.....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
Lymsleia is the best! Aside from that, i can't comment on the other names.
I'm glad Miakis, Kyle, Viki, Killey, and Lorelai have kept their names.
Anything other thaan that would be a disaster. But i guess this time,
they'll be advertising really well on the characters!

I'll now prepare for the invasion of new Suikoden fans!

Well its automatic that they wouldnt change Viki,Killey and Lorelai's names, since they are returning characters, for the record I'm glad they kept Kyle's name too, it fits him as is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: