Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kooluk Map?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
I suppose it might have been weaker in the time of Suikoden IV,

You're probaly correct, as the empire was only formed a few years before 4s timeline.

I'm looking forward to seeing you map Lucent, you could say it is highly anticipated.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good job i'm also looking forward to seeing it too, i noticed that piece of land at the top left when i first went into Kooluk, i'm not sure if it's Kooluk or if it's Kanakan i'm sure someone will findout my guess it will be Sars when he has time, Sars has a knack of finding out this stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, is Graska the capital of Kooluk? :?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, Glaska is the traditional capital of the Kooluk Empire.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm Kooluk was formed a few years before the timeline of suikoden 4?
They tried to conquer the island nations quite a few times...i would like to know what that nation was called before that?

personally i think it was there for longer as 25 years before suikoden 4.. martin and the rest of the royal family of kooluk seemed like they would live as a royal family for a long time..
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can it be confirmed how long Kooluk existed before suikoden 4, that's not very long especially when those that finish suikoden tactics and reveal Kooluk's fate i'm not saying what that is because i don't want to spoil it for those still playing. I've completed both play thoroughs myself already, so how is the mapmaking going i'm curious to see it anyway. I hope all of you had a great holiday season mine was great.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've decided to give this a shot myself, seeing as my heart lies with geographical and political aspects within the Suikoden world.

There's not much at present, seeing as I am awaiting the PAL release of Suikoden Tactics (I'd import only for the fact that I only have a PAL copy of Suikoden IV and there's all sorts of data uploading goodies I don't want to lose). That being the case, I've had to base everything on Hawk Thanatos' photographs. (He probably hates me spacing out his name like that, c'est la vie).

Kooluk Region Map

I've no idea what locations exist anywhere after Haruna save for a very vauge idea about the whereabouts of Glaska so I'll be eagerly awaiting Hawkies updated snapshots in that regard.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I've decided to give this a shot myself, seeing as my heart lies with geographical and political aspects within the Suikoden world.

There's not much at present, seeing as I am awaiting the PAL release of Suikoden Tactics (I'd import only for the fact that I only have a PAL copy of Suikoden IV and there's all sorts of data uploading goodies I don't want to lose). That being the case, I've had to base everything on Hawk Thanatos' photographs. (He probably hates me spacing out his name like that, c'est la vie).

Kooluk Region Map

I've no idea what locations exist anywhere after Haruna save for a very vauge idea about the whereabouts of Glaska so I'll be eagerly awaiting Hawkies updated snapshots in that regard.

Not bad. Good work, you should add the Boarder Village in the North that leads to the scarlet moon empire and glaska like you said.. but i can't say you where to put these two..i only have a vague picture of the map in my head..hehe

BTW: Sars should update the suiko-map with the kooluk locations..
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's several things about that map that needs updating, like some of hte links didn't send me to the right locations. O well. Shouldn't there be a river under Haruna? It's mainly a town on a bridge so it would go to figure theyd have a river for the bridge to be neccesary to cross over.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
That being the case, I've had to base everything on Hawk Thanatos' photographs. (He probably hates me spacing out his name like that, c'est la vie).

Sorry to dissapoint you but I actually prefer it spaced and with capitals, I put it as one word because I'm lazy and the only reason I haven't changed it is because I'm cheap.

I might be able to take a photo of the whole of Kooluk now because I've reached Graska and I don't think there is any region after that but at the moment I'm turboing some characters to level 50 (I'm doing all the sword users first to see which ones are the best but there's so damn many of them) so I'll do it after that.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok i trust JBL's wisdom on this,any way does any know how are hardworking mapmaker is doing on this project, last i heard some one send him pictures off their tv set as a building block to go on it's been quiet since then was that person able to clear out the flash distortions or not. Good job on your Kooluk history search JBL at lease there is something to go on,maybe you can find out how Kooluk first started,who was their first emperor and how this region just south of Scarlet Moon was affected when,Scarlet Moon broke away from Harmonia earlier and was this area also Harmonian turf or not.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ACtually Hawk there's one more region after Graska so hold your horses. Oh, and I doubt that Kooluk was new at the time of S4 considering Troy was already a naval commander by the time of the first known scuffle between them and Gaein. Also, it must have been around for a bit to have such a well established royal family and a displeased patriarchal faction. I'd say that Kooluk has been around for a long while.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My map project is still underway. Having Suikoden Tactics right now is making things much speedier, but finding out the conflicting information about Harmonia south of the Grasslands was confusing the ever-loving christ out of me, but it seems that was just writer conjecture and not likely to be accurate. The land-mass west of the GRasslands is still in contention in my mind however.

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good job, i think Sars could figure out that piece of land you speak of when he has time that is. Look forward to seeing your masterpiece when your done. I'm sure Kooluk has an interesting history how far back it goes remains a mystery,it must be a few generations based on both the royal family and patirarch factions existence. But an actually timeframe of it's establishment has yet to be revealed offically i'm interested in how long myself plus when did the Kooluk/Scarlet Moon border disputes first erupted. Keep up the great work your stuff is interesting to read.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: