Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

HUGE Suikoden V update at Gamespot...IN ENGLISH!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind the names or the voice acting at all (though I admit Sialeeds is kinda dumb name).

Still I'm really impressed with this new gameplay video. With the introduction of the shield rune back from Suiko 3 it'll bring back the variety of rune animations that were missing in Suiko 4. I hope that they bring back action runes with abilities too from Suiko Tactics.

One thing I'm confused on however, was'nt speculated that Zealese would have one of the True Runes? Now all of a sudden Lyon/Rionne has the Dawn or Dusk rune. Surprised me.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Dawn and Dusk rune are apparently less than true runes or something. Dzerassa may have some other true rune. I guess we'll find out once the game comes out.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has it been confirmed yet when in the Suikoden timeline SV takes place? Is it before Suikoden I or between I and II? I know there's been a lot of speculation, but I can't be certain if it was ever clarified.

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The interview video at gamespot with King and Director Sakiyama has them saying it takes place after Suikoden IV and before Suikoden I :).

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok.

To people who are whining about the names:

This is likely still in pre-production phase. Look at those old Suikoden IV shots. The font is different than the final version, and Leknaat is even misspelled! Don't fret too much over "Lyon" and "Sialeeds." I mean, YEAH, of course Sialeeds (or whatever) is corny. But it's probably not final. Even though the voice acting has been recorded, the spelling can always change.

And what's more is these names are being translated from Japanese. They could come out as nearly anything:

Rion
Lion
Lyon
Ryon
Rionn
Rionne
Lione
...and even Dion, Dionne, Dyon could be passable, because the Japanese "r/l" sound is very, very similar to a "d" as well.

Japanese does not have letters so much as it has sounds. While I'd much rather have Syaries' name spelled nicely, not all English speakers have the fluid and expert-sounding translation skills as Sars does. Why Konami doesn't fix this, I don't know, but REALLY now. "Fubar" is much worse.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Lyon" can also be translated to "Leona" or "Leon".
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I for one think the voice acting is great and I didn't find (most of) the dialogue chesy at all. Sure some names and a couple things seemed a tad off, but overall I don't think it was enough to gripe about. Sialeeds (or whatever her name will be in the end) had a great voice, and so did the queen.

This amped up my anticipation of the game a ton. Can. Not. Wait!
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
Don't think so. And can everyone stop complaining about the names! If you had no idea what the japanese names were you wouln't complain, Lyon sounds almost exactley the same as Rionne just with an L instead of an R.

True Lyon sounds the same as Rionne.. but I kinda like Rionne better because the name 'Rion' is on my list of favourite Japanese names (yes I keep such a list, don't ask) and I really digged that it was coupled with my current favourite character of Suikoden 5 (based merely on surface perceptions, Lucerina and Miakis come close tho). However I'm sure that I (and others) will just get used to Lyon as time goes by... and finally will come the time we'll be thinking that there couldn't be any other way to name her! ^^0
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys, did anyone of u notice that actually the Dusk and Dawn Runes was combine used by Lyon and Hero5? :shock:
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe several posts in this thread make note of this little tidbit, yes. :P According to good ol' Sars Ad-Minh there's a chance that the two runes are not full true runes seperately, not unlike the Bright Shield and Dark Sword Runes.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've downloaded the gameplay trailer, and it rocks. But, can somebody tell me if the other two movies (trailer & movie) contain anything new? I tried downloading the movie one twice but the download stops prematurely, and I get an unexpected end of archive whin unzipping it, so that I can't watch it. Any ideas on why that happens? Thanks.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SnowKing wrote:
I've downloaded the gameplay trailer, and it rocks. But, can somebody tell me if the other two movies (trailer & movie) contain anything new? I tried downloading the movie one twice but the download stops prematurely, and I get an unexpected end of archive whin unzipping it, so that I can't watch it. Any ideas on why that happens? Thanks.

SK

I'm not sure, I'm a GameSpot Compete member and supposed to get their best servers and some times a download still cuts off prematurely, whatever it is, is probably some GameSpot technical thing, I'll try asking on their support forum.

I think if you have a download manager you can continue a cut off download from when it was cut off, but I'm not sure if that also happens when in Zip.

I saw the Gameplay trailer, and, damn, I wish a didn't, I'm a bit spoiled now, not to mention exited, I can't wait until march...
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fc_conn wrote:
Ok.

To people who are whining about the names:

This is likely still in pre-production phase. Look at those old Suikoden IV shots. .

The difference is that they've already recorded the voices. So Syaries' name is indeed Sileeds in our version.
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright...Lyon doesn't bother me as much a Sialeeds for one reason. I've never heard Lyon's name pronounced. But, in the first trailer, Lyon herself calls Sialeeds "Syaries-sama". I heard no "d". The "d" is all that gets me. Where does it bloody come from?

Anyway, I'm really surprised that Lyon has the Dusk rune. A Suikoden hero has never had a close friend with a true rune, as well as himself. It's be like Gremio or Nanami having a true rune. Should be interesting.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone seen the hero using the Dawn rune by himself?

It seems to me that they can only use the runes if together, if I'm not mistaken that attack in the video was joined, both runes at the same time, perhaps they don't work independently.

Anyway the attack is exactly as I had guessed back when I first heard of the sun rune, based on radiance and attack as well as healing.

Dawn and Dusk seem composite runes similar to Bright Shield Dark Sword, but kind of different, in several ways, I would really like to see how that plays out in the game...

They must be parts of the True Sun rune, but unlike the BS/DS the rune is still "true" without them, probably at the end or rather before the end if we count the , eh, can't spell her name yet, clocked woman's True Rune, I have to say that I'm damned exited, besides in the ipod the Tenkai is featured to have the whole sun rune and not the dawn part, so its safe to guess that they join at some point, probably when Georg kills the queen...

The name changes seem final this time, regardless, they do bother me, but I got used to Konami messing up in those respects...

I wish the names ALL names were keep as intended, I don't know if names were changed in previous games...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: