Suikoden Unique and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games of 2006, which ones are you looking foward to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

Resident Evil 5 - I lost interest in the Resident Evil series after the many non-numbered sequels that didn't do the "true" series justice. I enjoyed Nemesis but I find Resident Evil 4 to be a truly stunning game. I wait in anticipation for the release of number 5.

How could I have forgotten this jewel? Like you, Axiose, I stopped playing the series after Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Actually, I never even finished Nemesis...I got close to the end, I think, and then got frustrated, and gave up. I then watched for years as non-numbered sequels were run by me, none of them terribly impressive to my eyes. I've heard so many good things about games like Code Veronica, but somehow...I never could bring myself to play any of them.

Resident Evil 4, on the other hand, people raved about. I'm not sure I like it quite as much as others...the whole no-movement-with-the-knife thing predictably makes me a little irritable. But that's alright. The game as a whole is pretty damn good...except for one minor trouble I've got with it. For all intents and purposes, no Umbrella.

But Resident Evil 5 is supposed to have Chris Redfield starring as the protagonist in a real battle against the sinister Umbrella corporation and their terrible creations. I'll be picking this one up for certain.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember, I've got a US PS2 as well but I like to wait for PAL releases of things. I don't know why. I'm just...odd I guess :(

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could have a NTSC PS2 too if I wanted (although it would come from Brazil, not the U.S.) to play all the games that come on NTSC many months before the PAL release (if they are even released), but I like to wait for the games. It builds even more hype to it.

As for the games I'm looking foward from 2006:

Suikoden V: Obvious

Suikoden Tactics: It isn't still here, so, it's obvious too

Dragon Quest VIII: same as above

Pro Evolution Soccer 6: I just can't get enough out of those games

Football Manager 2007: see PES6

Starcraft Ghost: Wiil it be this year?

Duke Nukem Forever: For ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever waiting for this game to come out. Will it even come out any day? I still want THE Duke Nukem game no.2 (DN 3D is THE Duke Nukem game no.1) on my lifetime :D

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tales of Legendia! Yay! *goes to preorder it*
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really looking forward to MGS4! yay! one of my fav. games! can't wait to play this game but I don't know if I can afford a PS3 console :cry: and of course suikoden 5
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly doubt MGS4 will come out in 2006.
Lion heart

Ultima clan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this year is going to be a busy year for my Xbox and for my PS2. Games that I will be looking forward to on the Xbox are:

*The Hustle: Detroit Streets
*Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
*Sea World: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures
*Out Run 2006: Coast to Coast
*Far Cry Instincts Next Chapter
*Arena Football
*and American Chopper 2: Full Throttle

And for my ps2 these are the games that I'm going to get or I will be looking forward to seeing if they are good or not:

*Kingdom Hearts 2
*Suikoden 5
*FF XII (just to see if it is as great as my mate says it'll be)
*Cowboy Bebop
*WWE Smack Down vs. RAW 2006
*6GUN
*and Dragon Quest VIII

looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of money this year on games. I only bought six games last year!
The Chizen Star

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Honestly doubt MGS4 will come out in 2006.

Kojima said it would. Granted, it'll probably be pushed back...
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A list of the games I'm dieing to get my hands on:

- Of course Suikoden V.
- Shadow Hearts III: I can't wait anymore longer, this game better be in my hand before my birthday or I'll start killing for sure.
- Grandia III: I finished the Japanese version, didn't understand anything, and still loved it.
- Final Fantasy XII: Well, the demo is not that bad really, and I got a look at some of scenes, not bad.
- Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria: Why I'm a long standing fan, I just didn't finish the game, can't wait for the second, it looks amazing.
- XenoSaga III: I just want to see how it ends.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Njord! I completely forgot about Grandia III! I too am looking foward to this game after the pitiful Grandia Extreme following up Grandia II!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Varias Taelas

The SkullSplitters

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Suikoden 5
-Monster Hunter 2
-Monster Hunter Portable
-RFO
-The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
-Disgaea 2
-Kingdom Hearts 2

There is probably a few other games i want to play but can't remeber what they are at the moment. Also im a huge fan of Final Fantasy series but the ffXII demo kinda disappointed me, the battle system kinda annoyed me a bit so thats one game i want to try but am alittle iffy about at the same time.
Lion heart

Ultima clan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh snap! i compleatly forgot about elder scrolls Oblivion, i am espically looking forward to that game. i have the origional morrowinds on my Xbox (elder scrolls three and game of the year) and except for the fact that they freeze every so often (excluding game of the year) i really like those games and from that trailers and other types of information that i have seen about the game i hope that it will live up to our expectations.

i was talking to one of my buddies that works in the games industry and he told me that games like morrowind freeze because they have so much infomation to load when you go into an new area this causes Morrowind to become jumpy when loading up new areas and when you kill some one or something in an area the console saves that (unless to choose to dispose the corpse) and this builds up and the game can just suddenly stop which i find really annoying.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Goldmember, I've got a US PS2 as well but I like to wait for PAL releases of things. I don't know why. I'm just...odd I guess :(

Not odd at all, i always wait for the Square-Enix games like Final Fantasy and now Kingdom Hearts to get a PAL release because we usually get an extra bonus for waiting for so long.....as in the Dark Aeons in Final Fantasy X.

I usually import the games that i feel will either take too long or never get a PAL release.

It was also easier for me to get my hands on all the rare RPG's that i missed out on in NTSC format.
Neiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grandia III
Suikoden V
Shadow Hearts III
Final Fantasy XII
Valkyrie Profile II
Half-Life II Expansion
Final Fantasy XI Expansion
Devil May Cry III SE
Onimusha 4
Metal Gear Solid Subsistence

and ugh... Maybe Tales of Legendia, looks like crap though.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Games of 2006? Well, I kinda forgot what games are coming out in 2006 so my list may be a little inaccurate. ^^

Suikoden V: Self-explanitory. :p

Xenosaga III: I've always been a Xenosaga fan, through thick, Episode I, and thin, Episode II. Don't get me wrong, though. I loved Xenosaga II- it was my favorite- but a lot of people disagree. I don't know why. Maybe cause it was too short?

Anyway, that aside, I also want Xenosaga III because of the story. Xenosaga is known for its story and I really wanna know what happens cause this will be the last episode: Namco announced it will not be 6 episodes anymore. And Allen's playable. <33

Kingdom Hearts 2: What can I say? I love Sora and his Disney pals. xD It's a little lame with the heart thing, but I like it. I'm into that kind of stuff. >_> And those advertisers at Square-Enix and Disney are good because a little while ago I didn't really care about it but when I saw a few posters I got hooked. O_O

Rogue Galaxy: Truthfully, I don't know much about RG. I know it's an Action RPG with a battle system that ressmbles Star Ocean. I love SO so that influenced me. <3 And the whole system is like Dark Cloud's, so yay. :p

Uhh, that's about all I can think of. There's also We Love Katamari I wanna get this year, but that's a 2005 release. But it's coming out in 2006 in Europe, so it's worth a mention.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: