Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How long do you think the Suikoden series will last??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what would be sweet is a Suikoden MMORPG! Except it would be freeplay like Guild Wars ;)...I think it would honestly work though - In a large world like Suikoden, there are many places to visit and there are sooo many races and different groups that someone could be a part of
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ron Gian

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think SUIKODEN is comparable to Final Fantasy.....

The story's much more better (compared to the VERY ORDINARY FF story), the characters make me wanna discover their mysterious lives (such as Viki and Jeane) and the magical environment of the game is the best... I mean it presented the most interesting magic (in the form of RUNES) compared to all the PS games...

The only advantage of FF to Suioden is it has better graphics... NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

I want Suikoden last uo to the 108th version!!!! Cool huh!!!!

I played and seen all the FF but nothing actually amazed me (maybe a little bit by the graphics!)

But when I first played Suioden (S2 in particular) I've always been inclined into it (you know... collecting pics, making websites although not published and even planning to build a castle in our town which looks like exactly the castle in S2!).

I think you understand what I feel towards the Topic... Besides, we must be united in making
Quote:

SUIKODEN NUMBER ONE!!!!! :D

Nekomancer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden will last until it is no longer pulling it's weight in the market. It is a video game and like all other industries, the video game industry is around to turn a profit. Not enough sales? No more games. Selling well? They'll squeeze every last game out of it they can until sales drop enough to warrant the end of the series. As sad as I am to say it, it's just the way things work.

The New Firebringers

11708 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking about this today actually. Suikoden V marks the tenth anniversary of the series, right? With that in mind, I started comparing it to the Final Fantasy series.

I think Final Fantasy was at its seventh installment when it reached it's ten year anniversary. That's two games ahead. But, as we all know, Final Fantasy's numbering system got screwed up somewhere along the line. For example FF III is FF VI in Japan. Or something like that...

Also, I think all of the areas of the Suikoden series are covered by now. Toran, Dunan, The Island Nations, the Grasslands, and Faleena. According the the map here that's based on the information of the games, that's pretty much everywhere, right?

Of course, they could do a tie in story like Suikoden Tactics is with Suikoden IV. I for one would like to see what the hell happens to Riou, Jowy, and a bunch of characters from Suikoden II during the Second Firebringer War that's fifteen years afterwards.

I'm rambling...

Ah well. In short, it could either stop at the fifth installment, or keep going up until ten. I find the latter more likely, although Suikoden X sounds a bit farfetched.
ramenNrice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm... i would think it would go to at least suiko15.. well its just my guess , but it IS theres been 17 true runes revealed so far in the present (suiko5) but yea, like i said its pretty much gonna go on for many many years if they keep it up with 1 true rune for each series that is xp
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it would go up to 10-15 because of the number of true runes left
although they might make more suikodens by reusing runes and say that the old rune barriers abandonded the rune and died or somthin but tht would be too much
although it could work if they do it right

but i would b happy if suikoden goes up to 11+ volumes but only if they reveal all 27 ture runes

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it'll finish after we know all 27 True Runes....
And in the last game, maybe Konami will have all the bearers of the 27 True Runes... :mrgreen:
(it'll be cool if it is, don't you think??) 8-)
Tevin

Sacred Rising warrior

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that they will make games with all 27 true runes. then they will like start over with new charcater getting the runes or something. I will lats till about 20 I think.

^Click on the Banner!^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well even though we know at least 17 true we really haven't had stories for all of them. Take for example the rune of change we dont even know what it looks like. Im guess at least 10 more games minimum,hopefully. Hehe it would be nice to have 108th installment with the one problem i'll be dead by the time they release it!!!

Hehe i still remember playing suikoden for the first time and learning there was only 3 true runes in game. I was abit upset becouse I wanted to know what the 27 true runes were.
Quintuplo B

1209 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it will last as long as people buy the games and mangas. But I hope that it last as long at the Konami gamemakers needs it to last so they can tell the full Suikoden history.
Changeofpace04

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have got to hand it to the creators of suikoden V they really out did themselves with this one, Great story-line, epic battle's, action packed seriously suikoden V is incredible, It makes you want to play it over, and over its addicting, and Im sure people who never heard of suikoden before, well im sure they are fans of it now, to bad for final fantasy though, suikoden keeps making awesome games like this, final fantasy will be out rivaled by this rpg in no time. I know some out their would think its pretty sad to compare this game to final fantasy, but what other game can compare to suikoden thats as close as it gets.
KratosJudgement

Hell Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden series will last as long as there is a True Rune to be talked about as long as there is some kind of rune and hero willing to fight for his people.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm predicting 5-6 years more for Suikoden. Assuming that Konami wouldn't drop the series (which I doubt very much), there are still a lot of places that are yet to be explored and a lot of questions that need to be answered, and possibly more questions as future Suikoden games come by. I don't think a few games would cover all of these mysteries, and I think a good 5-6 installments is fair number, enough to finish the series.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see the series lasting another 10 years and with development for nextgen consoles taking longer during the first couple years of the systems the titles will not come everyone 18-24 months in between. I see maybe 3 games with 4 being tops in the next ten years if Konami decides to let the franchise live that long.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as there is a market for suikodens, they will be made...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: