Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The NFL season and post-season thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Patriots won which is ok by me as im not too sad about it considering that someone besides Tom Brady won the mvp. I dont really know what it is but I have never really cared much for his style. But yeah anyways it was a boring game for most of the game and rather uninteresting for the most part and a rather predictable ending. Anyways thats all there really is about this subject and the only thing left to say is... see y'all next season.

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hahahaha well there is still stuff to talk about free agents, drafts coming and theres always the combine and coaching changes and the such so we should have some stuff to talk about
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there's still plenty to talk about, though I'm also looking forward to the start of spring training in a little more than a week... :mrgreen:

Anyway, the Pats win again, I'm quite happy about that. It'll be tough next season, but they've got a very good shot at it, simply because they only WIN.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Fuji2

Pirates in Tights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea but u gotta remeber there losing alot of there staff there offensive and defensive cordinators and there each taking a few of the other coaches from the team so they will basically have a completely diff staff next year, not saying they wont win just saying it will be harder
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good game I guess, but very sloppy. I bet the Eagles are going to work on their no huddle all offseason. The commercials were alright, but they weren't great.

Quote:
Uh, and I wasn't saying that, either. It's not a bandwagon. People picking the Eagles are well in the minority, and a bandwagon is a trend. There is no such thing as an Eagles bandwagon at this time.

Considering most people like to see the underdog win, that would be a trend. But whatever, not worth arguing about. We both misunderstood each other...

Quote:
Bill Bilicheck is a heck of a coach, and his status among the all-time elite playoff coaches is well-deserved. The Patriots are OFFICIALLY a dynasty, and I couldn't be happier about the fact that they are led by a University of Michigan alumnist on the field.

I think if Belicheck can do well without Weis or Crennel next year, he'll be up there with the greats. I have my doubts he'll be able to repeat his success without those guys.

Quote:
Well, that's it for another awesome season of professional NFL football! Draft time will be coming up in a little while, so we'll have to keep our eyes peeled. Naturally, I'll be interested to see who the Detroit Lions will be picking up. Honestly, their last draft was possibly the best in team history, if not for sure the best of 2004. Roy Williams, Kevin Jones.

Honestly, who do y'all think should be starting QB for the Lions? I always thought they had a stud in McMahon, but they went and drafted Harrington. Harrington has been ok the last two years, but I feel McMahon has so much more talent. The Lions did have a great draft class last year though, Kevin Jones is going to be great. The former "Untouchable" will be successful in the NFL for years to come.

Quote:
With Rothlissburger having a year of experience under his belt, the Steelers might actually be the ones to take the Patriots down, next year. That is, if the rest of the team holds up as well. Can't forget about the Colts, though. Great offense, but not-so great defense...

I don't see the Steelers doing much next year, their running game will not be nearly as good as this years. That will expose Rothlisberger for a year, but he'll eventually improve to where he doesn't have to rely on the run game as much. However, I do expect the Colts D to pull itself together, Tony Dungy will find a way to improve it.

Can you believe the Cowboys might stick with Testerverde!? I'd love it if that happens, especially after all the hate he has been getting. I know Parcells will get the Defense together, and now that they have a good running back, they'll be a team to watch out for next year too. I suspect they'll be drafting in the secondary, after being torched all year long.

The Jets really didn't solve their OC spot, because Heimerdinger isn't much of an improvement over Hackett. Hopefully Edwards will get the axe next year, and we can get a competent coach. Draftwise, the Jets need a TE but I have no idea who is available.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that was a pretty boring game. Didn't surprise me though. (I bet there were a lot of happy people out there with that Eagles' final TD, who otherwise would not have covered their bets, hehe.)

***Quick Note*** The Patriots, contrary to popular belief, are NOT (that is N-O-T) a dynasty. A dynasty is a franchise that is successful across generations, a team that has won the championship in several different eras. Now, the Patriots just lost their OC and DC (one to Notre Dame and the other to the Browns), so if they manage to win another Super Bowl with different coaches, then they will become CLOSER to becoming a dynasty. But until they've become successful consistently for the next 10 years, they will only be considered a great franchise (just like the '60s Packers, the '70s Steelers, the '80s 49ers, and the '90s Cowboys). [/steps down from soap box]

As for my Packers next year, well, they nabbed Jim Bates from Miami to be their new defensive co-ordinator, and if all goes right we might be able to sign CB Sam Madison and MLB Zack Thomas this off-seaso (both are expected to be released). We're already off to a great start this off-season as far as the front office goes, but it might not mean anything if we lose Brett Favre to retirement.

Question to mods: Is it cool if I post my mock Drafts here, or would it be considered spamming? I might do one every month leading up to the NFL Draft with changes accounting for Free Agency and whatnot. I just want to make sure it's cool before I do it.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is playoffs time again. Time for worthless predictions that don't affect the outcome of anything, but are fun nonetheless.

I did pick Colts/Panthers at the start of the year, but now that many of the "experts" are saying the same thing, I have a feeling it won't happen. In fact... it won't happen.

Divisional playoffs- Saturday

Washington
Seattle

Washington will win. They will. I promise you. Seattle isn't that good. Maybe Brunell breaks out against Seattle. If not, Washington still wins. Alexander will get shut down. I don't consider this much of a surprise. But maybe I'm just making this pick because I always expect the Seahawks to choke.

New England
Denver

No three peats please, Denver wins. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Plummer finds a way to screw it up. Although, he's been awfully good as of late.

I'll post more, when I have a little bit more time...
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

damn, I sure don't recall if a team that had done less to deserve winning a big game in the past decade than denver last night...

I'm a pats fan but in no way I thought they could have even made it back to the bowl this year(nor deserve to), heck I was all for missing out on the playoffs all together this year just so they can keep the perfect playoff record alive... with that said last night they were about as dominating as I have seen them in any wins over the years, what was it? 3+ defensive stands for no points after being pinned down going three and out inside their own 10 and letting denver start from their 40+ in the first half, after finally getting themselves out of that field position crap hole any sort of broncos defense were gone for the rest of the game(except that lucky blitz on the pick), and normally the football gods are fair in their games but sure not last night.

The way denver was playing last night if the pats would have just got a field goal out of their last second quarter drive and made it 6 to 0, that broncos offense would have had a very hard time catching up. They deserved the faulk fumble and the bailey pick in the end zone but both of the follow up TDs were bull, of course everyone knows the 39 yard pass interference was crap and if the officials would have had any sense of geometry they would have known that fumble went out of the endzone: bailey was hit at the 1 with the ball in his right hand, the ball to the corner of the endzone was about a 1x1 yard square which means that the ball must have flew in less than a 45 degrees angle to get out of bounce before going into the endzone, in a 1 yard space that would require an obvious horizontal movement yet it was clear the ball flew out much more vertically than 45 degrees. I guess refs don't think well under pressure which is why there are stupid ruling on the field in every game, and based on the replay they can't very well see that play clearly so that was once again bad luck for the pats...

After those 2 completely free 1 yard TDs were given to the broncos, by that time instead of what may have been a 6 to 6 game with the ball and momentum back on the pats side even after a huge play for denver, they are 2 scores down. After a good drive with vinatire missed the FG and another good defensive stand, it's only laughable when brown fumbled away the patriots chances on a punt just as he did in the jets game in 2002 that ended up causing the pats a shot at the playoffs(which was about the only claim haters jump on when it comes to patriots dynasty talk: "Oh how can you say they are so great when they missed the playoff between their superbowl runs...")

I hate to sound like a sore loser but I fully expected the pats to loss if not last night then surely next week in indy and they gave up about as many points as they scored so they shouldn't have won that game. but with all that bad luck and denver scoring 24 points by driving a combined 1+7+1+15=24 yards it's just sad, which makes me hope either the steelers or the colts which I both hate much more than the broncos to beat the crap out of them next week as they don't deserve to go to the superbowl.

oh man it's 14-3 steelers going to the half as I write this, go colt just because they have a better shots at beating denver...
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heck'uva a finish to the Indy game. The liquored up kicker couldn't make the field goal... It really is too bad, I was rooting for Colts. No Patriots this year, and they still can't get there. Makes ya wonder if teams can get over the hump with Dungy as coach.

AFC Championship
Pittsburgh @ Denver

When is the last time Pitt didn't lose the AFC championship game? Its been a decade. It seems like they are always there, but end up losing. Not that I mind, I hate the Steelers and Cowher with a passion. The trend will continue, Denver wins.

NFC Championship
Carolina @ Seattle

I thought Seatle would choke last week, I was wrong. I was just a week off, thats all... Carolina will win. I've always liked Delhomme, so I won't mind it when he gets a Superbowl ring this year.

Quote:
I hate to sound like a sore loser but I fully expected the pats to loss if not last night then surely next week in indy and they gave up about as many points as they scored so they shouldn't have won that game. but with all that bad luck and denver scoring 24 points by driving a combined 1+7+1+15=24 yards it's just sad, which makes me hope either the steelers or the colts which I both hate much more than the broncos to beat the crap out of them next week as they don't deserve to go to the superbowl.

Bad calls happen... unfortunately. But I really don't mind. Would I be mad too if I were a Pats fan? Probably. But you really can't complain too much. The last few years the Pats have benefitted from many questionable calls, notably the tuck rule.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both teams i pulled for today lost. I was hoping the Colts and the Bears would win, but it was not to be. I still can't believe that the Colts lost after Bettis fumbled the ball. I thought for sure that Peyton Manning wouldn't be shut down two drives in a row with that much on the line. I think he was just counting too much on the Kicker (i don't know how to spell Mike V's last name) to make that field goal so he relaxed a little too much once they got into his range. I also can't believe he missed the kick that badly, i mean it wasn't even close to the uprights. Talk about a choke. I did kind of feel bad for him once they interviewed him in postgame though. He seemed as if he had been crying.

As far as the Bears Panthers game goes it was an all around good game. I am not that big of a fan of either club, but i was pulling for the bears. I expected the bears defense to play a lot better than they did and i put some of the blame on them. I thought the offense played better than anyone hoped and normally it would have been enough. The Bears couldn't control Steve Smith and he ran wild all day. You would think that he would always be covered with their best corner along with safety help, but that just wasn't the case. I don't think enough game planning went into stopping him and seeing that he led the league in yards and catches (although i am not sure about the catches part) they should have taken more care.

Anyway though those game are over and we have next weeks to look forward too. I think that Denver will win and i am picking Seattle over Carolina (as long as Alexander returns). But if the Steelers play like they did this week minus the late mistakes and Carolina's defense plays up to it's potential things could go very differently. Enough rambling from me though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Bad calls happen... unfortunately. But I really don't mind. Would I be mad too if I were a Pats fan? Probably. But you really can't complain too much. The last few years the Pats have benefitted from many questionable calls, notably the tuck rule.

I completely agree, the tuck rule call was a crazy ruling for sure, and without it I'll be the first pats fan to say there maybe 0 superbowls won by our team since.

Oh what miserable feeling I am having for the first time in the past 7 or 8 years, thinking we wouldn't have had a shot at winning it all again anyways even if the pats did beat denver during the entire Sat. morning, today I can't help but think if only one of those 2 calls would have gone our way, we'd be hosting Pit at home next week... a team we beat twice on the road within the past year when it was for the AFC championship and their revenge game...

did the patriots make mistakes, yeah. did denver deserve points from those mistakes, yes. but despite those mistakes, it just sucks that the champs had to be knocked off while they played more than well enough to win if only something felt in their favor or was done right. On top of that, there were no evidence that the broncos could have done anything to earn a win without those questionable calls. heck if indy would have won today, they would have gotten more lucky bounces and calls than denver did, but at least they did work as a team to gain what they got after their lucky breaks...

It was also quite an experience I had cheering my ass off for the colt that I hate so much, where as if the pats would have won I may have peed my pants when the fatass overrated steeler man fumbled at the goal line, I was instead exclaiming like a girl...

the way I see it, best case for the patriots would include denver getting embarrassed for the fraud that they are if they keep playing like Sat. night, and they will next week if they don't step it up; if indy did win it all it would cause the pats very little harm as manning would still be the mental midget that he is, no matter what; but rothlesburger may gain bradyisk confidence if the steelers win it all, which is bad news for all of the AFC. Now that the colts concerns took care of themselves, best outcome would be: Steelers playing a low scoring game to beat denver but losing to which ever NFC team in the superbowl.

personally I don't see that result coming true so I'll even bite down and swallow hard to let denver win the superbowl if the NFC teams can't, just to prevent ben R. from being more cocky and self confident. But, come on, go, whoever wins the NFC, go!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well as surprised as I am with the outcome of the Steelers-Colts game, I am pleased with its outcome. I have no deep seeded hatred for the Colts, Tony Dungy or Payton Manning. Their entire club is a very skilled and decent tewam but I have grown up a big fan of Pittsburgh and ever since the days of Kordell Stewart, I have been a big fan of the team. Bill Cowher is a great coach, nobody can deny that. Year after year he gets his team into the playoffs or near the playoffs. I can see why some dislike him or his coaching style but nobody can deny its effectiveness. Also since this is more than likely the last year for the Bus I want him to go out with a bang. Nothing better than a Superbowl win. Jerome Bettis deserves a Super Bowl ring.

On the other side of the AFC matchup is Denver. They soundly defeated a Patriots team that definitely did not bring their A game. I am a Bills fan (more so that Pittsburgh) so I do have a hatred for Belicick, Brady and Bruschi. However the team did lose on a bad game, its not tlike they brought their best and lost in a rough game. However Jake Plummer played one hell of a good game there for Denver. Mike Anderson seems to be an up and coming back in the league. Its going to be an interesting AFC Championships.

So who do I think will win? Well you know I want Pittsburgh to win. However if Denver does win, I will not be too displeased. I have never hated the Broncos and they are a team that is quite deservant of the Super Bowl berth. I do think the Broncos will pull away on Sunday with a victory. Its going to be a showdown of Pittsburgh's Offense versus Denver's Defense. The Bus, Big Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward and the rest looked pretty good against Peyton's Colts. If they show up with that same intensity we're in for a show. And Denver's defense is one of the most formidable at home. Champ Baileys been playing on the top of his game and last week versus the Patriots he definitely showed us why he was worth that trade during last off-season.

Keep your eye on Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers. This year has been his breakout season and he shows a lot of promise. Almost quiet last week, he'll be loud and in ever play defensively for the Steelers. Also, watch out for Rod Smith. Jake Plummer has a good number of weapons and Rod Smith is on the top of that list. In a high profile game like this he'lkl be seeing the ball a lot. The Polamalu-Smith matchup we will probably see a few times, since Troy always seems to be right where the ball is.

Final Score: 17-13 Denver. Most of the points will come in the second and third quarters.

Time for the NFC. This was no surprise for me. Going into the playoffs I saw this game coming. Carolina has been more of a complete package overall than the majority of the NFC playoff teams. Only Seattle looked more complete as a team. Redskins were always hit and miss and defensively weak. Chicago was the opposite being completely defensive and the offense needs a kick start. Look for Chicago to be active this offseason to bolster their offensive roster. Tampa Bay was weak defensively and the Giants were just inconsistant all around. I really don't know how the Giants got that many wins.

Anyhow the battle is set in Seattle and the winner advances to the Super Bowl. Carolina, in my opinion was the second best team in the NFC. Unfortunately for them the best still waits for them. Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith and Deshaun Foster have been a powerhouse team. And their defense always seems to have the right people in the right place. Whoever John Fox has as defensive coordinator needs a raise. They've done a good job with a mediocre squad. Julius Peppers is the only player I can recall from their defense. Sadly this will be the last week we see Carolina in action until preseason. With DeShaun Foster and Julius Peppers hurt two of their best weapons are out. Peppers won't be there to put the pressure on Hasselbeck os stop the run. With Foster out with a broken foot, this places even more emphasis on the pass rush and the coverage of Steve Smith.

The Seahawks are in the prime set to go to their first Super Bowl. They put to rest the rumours of being a one man team last week with Shaun Alexander sitting the bench after a rough hit to his head. Matt Hasselbeck proved he's worth the hype and showed he's more than capable to be a big name in this league. Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said that he expects Alexander to play sunday which further solidifies my cause. The receiving core of Jurevicious, Engram and Darrel Jackson, all three are high threats. Add on the pain of the best rusher in the league with Shaun Alexander and you've got a team who offensively can beat anyone, except perhaps the Colts, and well, they're out of the equation now.

Aside from a catastrophe, I can't see Carolina doing a whole lot to stop the offense of Seattle. That defense is going into one of the loudest stadiums ever created and the people of Seattle pride themselves as that 12 man and being able to mess with the defense. Seattle's Defense is their weak point but with a one sided assault coming now that Foster is done, there's ne reason for Seattle to give up more than a handful of points.

As much as this score will not reflect the greatness of Carolina, Seattle will show great dominance.

30-10 Seattle.

This makes the Super Bowl in Detroit to be a match up between two westen powerhouses. Denver vs. Seattle will be a very explosive game and until its set in stone, I'll keep my comments to myself.

I hope I'm wrong and Pittsbugh pulls another upset on Denver. And if Carolina wins, then we'll see a 1 sided Super Bowl. Both Denver and Pittsburgh will manhandle Delhomme and the Panthers.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Bill Cowher is a great coach, nobody can deny that. Year after year he gets his team into the playoffs or near the playoffs. I can see why some dislike him or his coaching style but nobody can deny its effectiveness.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he gets the boot soon. He's had so many chances in the playoffs. The Pittsburgh faithful will become restless if he can't bring a ring there in the next year or two. If Denver wins, it will be interesting to see how Pitt's ownership reacts.

Quote:
Mike Anderson seems to be an up and coming back in the league. Its going to be an interesting AFC Championships.

Not exactly an upcoming back, he is 32 years old. About five years ago he had a great year, then he was injured and pretty much was an after thought until this season.

Quote:
Whoever John Fox has as defensive coordinator needs a raise. They've done a good job with a mediocre squad. Julius Peppers is the only player I can recall from their defense

Good defensive systems are usually better than an assortment of good players. Look at the Patriots, or Redskins. Dan Morgan is a pretty darn good LB, though.

Quote:
With Foster out with a broken foot, this places even more emphasis on the pass rush and the coverage of Steve Smith.

IMO, Nick Goings isn't that much of a dropoff. If I remember correctly, he had a great postseason the last time the Panthers went to the superbowl.

Quote:
hope I'm wrong and Pittsbugh pulls another upset on Denver. And if Carolina wins, then we'll see a 1 sided Super Bowl. Both Denver and Pittsburgh will manhandle Delhomme and the Panthers.

Here is where I disagree. I think Carolina is going all the way. A balanced offense with a dangerous playmaker, a great D, and a decent special teams. I don't think any of the remaining teams match up with them all that well. Seattle has been benefitting from a very weak schedule, and we will see if they deserve homefield this weekend. And when Carolina reaches the superbowl, we should be in for a good show. This team is better than their last superbowl team, and I just don't think they'll lose. I can't see it. But if they do lose, oops on my part.

And a little off topic, my Jets finally have a new head coach. Anything is better than Edwards. Mangini did work under Parcells, so hopefully he brings back some of that style of play.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Samurai X wrote:
And a little off topic, my Jets finally have a new head coach. Anything is better than Edwards. Mangini did work under Parcells, so hopefully he brings back some of that style of play.

Well now that I know you're a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fan. I have to say your entire argument is void. Just Kidding. I just abhor the Jest and living in New York I see a LOT of ignorant Jets fans who have no clue what they're talking about.

Herman Edwards is a good coach, he just didn't work well with the Jets style of football. Also he's had a lot of problems to overcome in his tenure there. Firstly Chad Pennington, crap out of the century. He was supposed to be this all great Quarterback, but he seemed to be hurt all the time. When he did play he was decent. And then they bring in Brooks Bollinger who repeats the whole debacle by being a crap out. So who do the Jets fall back on? Good ol' Vinny Testaverde.

If the Jets have any intelligence in their front office they'll do everything it takes to secure Philip Rivers from the Chargers or maybe make a bid on Dante Culpepper who doesn't seem to have a future in Minnesota other than being a visiting Quarterback. And this only would solve one of their many problems. Then there's finding Curtis Martin's replacement. He might have another year or two left but how heatlhy will he be? And getting a new Quarterback is pointless unless they fix those gaps in the Offensive Line. I'm not calling the Jets Offensive line terrible, but it could always use a boost.

One thing the Jets fans in my area have is extreme over confidence. They seem to find excuse after excuse to shift the blame from their losses on somebody else besides the incompetence of their players. There was one game this year, where the Carolina Panthers trounced the Jets 30-3. In that game there was a series of fumbles and turnovers and my one friend, the incompetant Jets fan, blamed a slippery ball. The game was in Carolina in November. No precipitation was present. And then to take the blame off of Brooks Bollinger's 4 interceptions, he tried to convince me and a few of my friends that he is colorblind and that the uniforms of the pathers are misleading because the teal and the green look the same to a colorblind person. Firstly I've never seen a scrap of evidence supporting Bolinger being color blind and if he was why in god's name is he playing football? Sight it one of the key senses to play the game.

Basically, because I'm a Bills fan and my run ins with these moronic Jets fans in my area, I have grown to abhor the team. I'd rather see the Bills lose to the Patriots and Dolphins every game than let the Jets win a single game against them.

On your thoughts on Bill Cohwer, why would they fire a coach that routinely has taken a team of players who weren't supposed to win and make them win? Now the past two years is different, but before last years great season with a bad finish, the Steelers were only a mediocre team and Cowher turned it into a winning franchise again. Maybe not to the prestigious days of Terry Bradshaw and the Iron Curtain but its still consistantly one of the greatest teams year after year.

Unless Cowher feels the need to leave on his own I think his job is quite secure. You see, the same thing has happened with the Kansas City Cheifs. Year after year they were a moderately good team and Dick Vermiel took them to the playoffs or pushed for a playoff run. Notice he was never pressured to leave, he left because he's realized he's old and wants to relax some. But that is what Marv Levy and Joe Gibbs said and look at them, back in the saddle so to speak.

I was completely unaware of Mike Anderson's age. I was under the impresssion he was like only in the league for 3 years or so. Regardless, he's doing a great job and Jerome Bettis has proven age isn't always a big factor in a running backs performance and carrer span.

All I can say about your thoughts with Carolina going all the way is, We'll see. I will say they do have a decent team and they are capable of beating the Seahawks, but not with the injuries they have. Goings is okay but he's not Foster, who this offensive line has gotten used to blocking for.And according to NFL.com, Ricky Proehl is injured too. Thats one less option if Steve Smith is double covered.

Seattle did have a weak schedule, but that can't mean they're still not a great team. They did just soundly beat the Redskins. I can't discredit a team who has Shaun Alexander and a receiving core as skilled as they have. And Hasslebeck is pretty good behind the center too. We'll see Sunday, won't we.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well now that I know you're a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fan. I have to say your entire argument is void. Just Kidding. I just abhor the Jest and living in New York I see a LOT of ignorant Jets fans who have no clue what they're talking about.

Herman Edwards is a good coach, he just didn't work well with the Jets style of football. Also he's had a lot of problems to overcome in his tenure there. Firstly Chad Pennington, crap out of the century. He was supposed to be this all great Quarterback, but he seemed to be hurt all the time. When he did play he was decent. And then they bring in Brooks Bollinger who repeats the whole debacle by being a crap out. So who do the Jets fall back on? Good ol' Vinny Testaverde.

As for Edwards, eh... I've been calling for him to be fired a lot longer than this year. Watching the games the last few years has been rather hard... He isn't a good coach. He can't do much of anything, let alone coach. Heck, the last few years the players haven't been motivated. Being a motivator is something he was supposed to be good at. He was saved by Donnie Henderson two years ago, but his luck finally ran out. Herm's had the same excuses over the years. Parcell's dealt with the same situations, and did, much, much, much, better.

Quote:
And this only would solve one of their many problems. Then there's finding Curtis Martin's replacement. He might have another year or two left but how heatlhy will he be? And getting a new Quarterback is pointless unless they fix those gaps in the Offensive Line. I'm not calling the Jets Offensive line terrible, but it could always use a boost.

Cmart is old, but not much older than RB's such as Barber. If given the chance with a decent O-Line, he'll be fine. But, I'd look for the Jets to draft RB in the middle rounds. Cedric Houston really came on at the end of last year, so he will also be in the mix.

As for the O-Line. It sucks, no doubt about it. It is my main concern. IMO, all five spots need to be adressed. Mawae and Fabini have one more good year at most. Letting McKenzie go was quite possibly the dumbest of the dumb moves that Bradway has made in his tenure with the Jets. I still can't believe that most of the effective players on the roster are Parcell's players. Bradway needs to go.

Quote:
One thing the Jets fans in my area have is extreme over confidence. They seem to find excuse after excuse to shift the blame from their losses on somebody else besides the incompetence of their players. There was one game this year, where the Carolina Panthers trounced the Jets 30-3. In that game there was a series of fumbles and turnovers and my one friend, the incompetant Jets fan, blamed a slippery ball. The game was in Carolina in November. No precipitation was present. And then to take the blame off of Brooks Bollinger's 4 interceptions, he tried to convince me and a few of my friends that he is colorblind and that the uniforms of the pathers are misleading because the teal and the green look the same to a colorblind person. Firstly I've never seen a scrap of evidence supporting Bolinger being color blind and if he was why in god's name is he playing football? Sight it one of the key senses to play the game.

Basically, because I'm a Bills fan and my run ins with these moronic Jets fans in my area, I have grown to abhor the team. I'd rather see the Bills lose to the Patriots and Dolphins every game than let the Jets win a single game against them.

Every team has fans that will make excuses... Not much you can do about it. Just ignore it, and enjoy the games in which their team loses.

Quote:
On your thoughts on Bill Cohwer, why would they fire a coach that routinely has taken a team of players who weren't supposed to win and make them win?

Because IMO, he has been there long enough. More than 10 years. If you can't put together a superbowl team in that much time, you should move on. Division banners look nice and all, but Superbowl rings look much better.

Quote:
Seattle did have a weak schedule, but that can't mean they're still not a great team. They did just soundly beat the Redskins. I can't discredit a team who has Shaun Alexander and a receiving core as skilled as they have. And Hasslebeck is pretty good behind the center too. We'll see Sunday, won't we.

Seattle has plenty ability, but I still don't see them winning. IMO, Carolina has more experience and talent, even with all the injuries. Should be a good game to watch, regardless of the outcome. I'm gonna say:

Carolina 27
Seattle 20
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: