Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Forfeited Battles

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Forfeited Battles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are there any benefits given to the winners of a forfeited battle? I know that one major benefit is the gain of a new territory, yet if a region is forefeited it is almost certain that they would have gained that territory anyway as the defending nation was unwilling to supply sufficient troops in the region's defence. However, are there any benefits given to the individual units that would have been involved in the battles, perhaps victory counts? It would seem to me that being able to so easily sweep into an enemy territory without sustaining any losses and capturing it for the glory of your country would be a significant boost to morale, just as winning a pitched battle would be. Perhaps I am erroneus in looking at Victory Counts as morale, but it would seem that it would be fitting to offer each of the units that would have been involved in the first round a victory.

If victory counts are specifically given for battle, and they would never be given to armies that marched upon a forfeited area, well, so be it. However, what about battles that are forefeited after the second round? I'm thinking in particular to battles where the combatants see their oppositions strength in the first round, decide that it is too much to stand against, and then chose to retreat, abandoning the area. However, this means that they have indeed engaged their forces in pitched battle, and upon being overwhelmed, have decided to flee. I can't see the opposing army sitting back and letting them do so. If it were to happen, you can bet that the winning army would at least harry the fleeing army, disrupting their retreat and perhaps causing more losses. Is this (or could it be) reflected with additional victory counts for units that were involved in the battle, or even by extra losses of men, and perhaps material left behind by the fleeing army?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6217
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: