Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

More Computer issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A similar thing happens to me when I install my parents' dial-up program when I'm not in college (and no fast internet :( ) and then return to college. A lot of programs still want to dial-up. I just remove the dialing program and it works. But as you say, he couldn't remove it and by "it" I assume you mean his internet connection. So, I guess I'm no help.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh well Its been acting all "yo we're disconcted, want to view if off line, or connect" latly. i think there may be a programing script on some forums/topic posts I looked at.

why does it do this?

*edit* at the college there is this computer, it is in horrble shape. It also has Microsoft "debugger", this program comes when I use tis forum with it, it won't let me post. (i'm using the "cyber cafe" btw) so what is this program, and why would the Suikox forums cause it to go bonkers when I try to use the text field?
its bugging me, it also goes nuts on Deviant art's site.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok look this is an old old topic and I dont want to make another one...so if anyone needs help still use this topic ok?

last night over Trillian I was fine chatting got an mp3 of Spirt vs Spirit which I somhow magickly knew came from DBZ(not the dub)

Then firefox....got werid the bar up top got weird, and entering a url would be usless because it didnt work.

To my dismay I exist and re-enter to find "yay lets select a user to log into firefox with" this was, well just ducky. I click on default. "hey you cant do this its being used" I'm *jaw drops* yeh right pal.

I'm slow on the details on how to change this problem, work with profiles. I'm afraid Default was killed. now I lost all bookmarks. and I'm on a new profile/account/user for firefox. (cute name to "usesir".

"windows seceurtiy center.antivirus override"
is a bad file

i get this when i run spybot serch and destroy

and once more! my Temp internet files contain things I never looked at, thumbnails and stuff from things I looked at months ago. I cleaned out the files...should I just delete the folders insted of relying on the auto clean up? Its really...annoying. It has thumb nails from deviant art of drawings I swear I never saw...like cheezy drawings of anime wolfs and stuff.

and once more "ahh these compressed old files? if i delted that i'm screwed? I loose somthing important like a mp3 i have heard in a year? or maybe a Dll file?"

norton anti virus says a compressed GRInstall6.dll is a bad file...it wont get rid of it..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't need to have viewed files for them to be stored in the temp folder; some browsers do pre-caching so that the actual loading of a page feels faster.

Your firefox problem : it sounds like Firefox was not closed properly. Ctrl+Alt+Del and check if firefox is a running process. Kill it.
Also, you haven't lost your bookmarks, they are saved as "bookmarks.html" in a folder with info from the account, but I forget where it is in Windows. Just do a search for that filename across your whole hard drive.

Your Windows Security Center.Antivirus Override does sound like a bad file. Kill it. Delete it.
Clean your temp folder manually -- don't delete the whole folder, but do delete waht's inside.

An mp3 you haven't heard in a year isn't important. For that matter, your favorite mp3 isn't important -- you can always re-rip it or re-download it. Not to mention that your favorite mp3 may be a new mp3 tomorrow.
Anyway -- as far as a dll.. Look at the path. Where is that dll file installed? Just from the filename, with my experience, I can tell you that it's OK to delete it.
Boot Windows in Safe Mode and delete it manually.

Hope that helps.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but will be it compressed and delted when I clean it? I just used mp3 as an example. what if its an image?

also the cashed images were not ones I had recenrly seen...they were cleaned out before.

and the secrutiy center thing...apparently it is the virus patch.

Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Manually cleaning the temp folder means this :

Go to the temp folder (this could be c:\windows\temp and it could be c:\documents and settings\yourusername\local settings\temp or something similar), and do the following key sequence:
Ctrl+A
Shift+Delete
And then click on 'yes' when the message box appears.
If a message tells you that a file can't be deleted, write down the name, hit Ctrl+A again but this time make sure you unselect the file that couldn't be deleted before by pressing down Shift and left-clicking once on that file.
This will manually clean out your temporary folder, and it will be gone.

When you say 'virus patch', I need to assume that you mean the unofficial WMF vulnerability patch -- and if so, well, apply the patch and delete it. Either way, update your spybot definition..

Hope that helps -- it's hard to be truly helpful when you're being vague ;-) Then again, you may only be vague because you don't know how to be more precise, so I'm trying to fill in the blanks.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
When you say 'virus patch', I need to assume that you mean the unofficial WMF vulnerability patch -- and if so, well, apply the patch and delete it. Either way, update your spybot definition..

it came off the microsoft site!

Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you type windowsupdate.microsoft.com in the address bar?
Some malware spoofs the microsoft update website.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:

well I got the link from that topic here "new virus at large"

as for the firefox thing, killing it with alt control delete ins't reseting the user...gurr..need to change user!

Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've currently got two problems with my computer:

1. A virus. After I start the comupter and log on, the Microsoft Office dog appears and barks, then my computer makes funny noises. So far I haven't found any damaged or lost files, except for the oddities where my Limewire is missing/gone, and there are sub folders that appear in sub folders which contain nothing.

2. My computer shuts down instantly every less than an hour and takes about half or an hour to be used fully by one hours or so. The sole cause of my inability to make long posts for a while.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke wrote:

so i can only get it windowsupdate.microsoft.com? hmm I'll need to switch back to IE for that. I ran that before and it said

Quote:
High-priority updates
No high-priority updates for your computer are available. To check for optional updates, return to our home page and click Custom.

Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis -- I have NO idea what you wrote.
When a computer makes funny noises, it can indicate imminent hard drive failure, or imminent fan failure, or dust in the fans.

My computer shuts down instantly every less than an hour and takes about half or an hour to be used fully by one hours or so
That makes no sense. Can you try that again?
Abyssinian

Abyss Mercenary Union

56886 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis: The part about your PC shutting itself down by itself might mean that it might be overheating, some BIOS have some kind of mechanism where if a certain temperature is reached, the PC will be shut down until the temperature returns normal to be used.
A soluion might be checking your fans, and making sure they aren't clogged by dirt or some little obstructing objects.... other than that, you can change the fans or add even more.... heat is the biggest enemy of hardware >.<
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis: Can you tell us what error message you're getting when the computer shuts down? If it's due to a thermal event and you have a Dell Optiplex GX270 then you'll need a replacement motherboard, otherwise it's likely a fan problem like Abyssinian said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: