Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Homosexual Films?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look dudes, Fliktor just asked if anyone has any movie suggestions. He didn't ask for anyone to give your opinions on what you think about homosexuality. I don't like to repeat myself when I say "don't stray from the topic. " This is the second time I had to say this. We all know what happened in the last "Gay Marriage in Massachusets" thread--a few people got banned. Lets not go through that again, yes?

Last edited by Vextor on Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys, quit getting off-topic. There's already a thread about people's positions on homosexuality; this guy merely wants some good films. (Also, folks, please don't promote your topics in other people's topics. It's just crass. If people want to see your topics, they'll find them themselves.)

I would second the rec for the Celluloid Closet, which is a pretty good if slightly dated (1995 or so, I believe?) film. If you can find a PBS station showing An American Family, that's a good one to watch for historical attitudes. It was basically the first "real world" - though these people's lives got a bit more sordid than i suspect most do. One of the sons comes out of the closet as gay in it. Hard to watch documentary, and even harder to find, as it's not available on DVD or VHS. Basically, check PBS for your local station's broadcast schedule and see if it's showing any time soon.

Other than that, I'm kind of stumped. :/ You can try searching for the IMDB forGay, homosexual, etc. and see what comes up.

What I would really recommend though, is that your friend finds some support sites for gay teens. I think when you're at the age when you always feel so different from everyone else coping with something that actually does make you feel different from the norm is especially hard, and it's important to have a support network around you. A forum meant for those who are coping with being teens and gay might me a lot more help, even if he just lurks. (Which I recommend, because there are a lot of creepy guys out there who are willing to take advantage of his situation) It's a reminder he's not alone. If your school or community has any sort of Gay/Straight alliance groups, it might be a good idea to join or at least attend a couple meetings.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: ?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="St. Povis"]How can anyone possibly know what they are when they're fifteen? You're still shaping your identity, right? [quote]

wadda ya mean? I've seen lots lots of people say they knew they were gay at 3!

anway...I don't have a list, but I'm sure serching stores on the internet will help.

there are lots of gay-realted shows on Independent film channle....one invoves some guy who have a gay lover, buy has some girl pretend shes his fieance so his parents think otherwises.

oh well. go check out a store.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there was a movie i saw awhile back...Its a japanese film called "Taboo" (in the english version, the japanese version might have a dfferent name...i rented it becuz Beat Takashi was in it, and it was about smaurai's...it wasnt until i was about to watch it that i read the back and it dealt with homosexuality between Samurai's within that time...its not a bad movie...it was shot beautifully...but it was just a bit slow...

another movie is a Korean movie called Run 2 U...i know there is a one way feeling between the 2 main guy character...i didnt finish watching the movie becuz it was HORRIBLE!!

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe somebody mentioned "The Birdcage--" I thought that was an excellent movie. It is about a gay father pretending that he is not gay for his son during a visit from the son's parents-in-law, who are anti-gay. Its a funny movie, however I also found it to be good on its own accord--the comedy just adds spice.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen a movie or two about this kind of thing.

I forget the name of the one, but I think it was about two gay guys struggling to survive together, or something. I forget the details. My apologies.

There was this other one, All Over Me, I think it was. It's about this gay or curious teen girl, and her road to self discovery in a violent neighborhood, her friendship with a heterosexual girl, and her meeting a new homosexual girlfriend.
It doesn't have any sex, but some very suggestive scenes. And it is about females, so I don't know if that would help. I also forget most of the story... But I do believe it's more about strength, fighting for your friends, for what you believe in, and for yourself. Empowering movie, albeit sad in places. I really need to find a way to watch it again... I never did pay much attention to the plot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: