Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Moderating Labels

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Moderating Labels Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some moderators have authority over their own nation. Some moderators have authority over the entire board. They both have green names.

This is confusing and only stops people from reporting rule infractions rather than member moderating. There have been several occassions where I, personally, have tried to report such a rule infraction only to be met with the wall of "Sorry, I just moderate in Nation X".

So, you know, to make things a little bit easier for members and moderators, have two coloured names. Green for full board moderators and, oh, I don't know, blue for nation-only moderators.

Of course, this doesn't do much about the fact that full board moderators are expected to clamp down on everything as soon as it happens despite being around for around two hours in total per day (because a heavy load come from roughly the same time zone, often bringing up a sizeable gap of no supervision) but this may take away a little bit of the pressure.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Whereupon I get to edit your comment that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

-Leb
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think what you suggest is phpBB possible, a moderator is a moderator, there is only one color you can apply, and are those moderators certain that they can't moderate board wise?

Have they actually tried, personally I thought that all with a green name were board wise moderators.

Regardless, the actual moderating is done by a few Nation leaders anyway, some of the Nation leaders rarely moderate and the rest of the Mods too.

Fortunately we don't get much trouble on this board other than the occasional duff thread making and heated debate :).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's impossible as far as I'm aware. Turning someone into a nation mod and a board wide mod gives them the same mod level (turning their name green) it's just that with nation modness, they don't have mod abilities anywere else.

A list of board wide mods...

Anton Misri
Blue Thunder
Ced The Lad
Celes Tilly
Daniel Blackhand
Everyone's Grudge
Rheo
UberYuber
Wiseman

The other names that should appear in green would be Black Pesmerga, Njord, Ranadiel and Traz - don't go to them about board wide matters.

Edited By Ced The Lad: Updated Moderator list

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Needless to say, my genius solution involves a stick of butter and a haddock.

Or....

You just create another group of moderators and give them a shiny new colour. It's very much possible, and while I don't want to get into a "Wah, but where I used to post..." ranting, similar phpBB forums can incorporate this feature. I was a blue mod at a forum so I had full board coverage, moderators of seperate sections had green names, admins had blue and so on.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's not a bad thought. I will indeed see (as I don't want to bugger up the database) if it's possible.

Edit: Having checked with Sars, it would involved creating a whole new user level and such which is just too much work at the moment.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: