Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Animal Hunting Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Animal Hunting Levels Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but apparently the enemies' levels for hunting animals is not based on Kyril's level, unlike the Obel Ruins. I only noticed this for the Ruins of Collanbal, so I'm not sure about the other animal hunting areas.

But anyway, I was leveling up my party before the fight in Merseto. I was using everyone except Kyril, and he remained at level 10. The first time, the mob levels ranged from 8 to 11. Over the course of the battle, most of my characters achieved level 10, while one or two got to level 11. During the next battle, I expected the mob level range to remain the same, since Kyril hadn't gained any experience. Instead, the levels ranged from 9 to 12. In the next battle, they ranged from 10 to 13.

So I hypothesize that the average monster levels for hunting animals is based on your entire party's average level.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is good to know. Know I can feel free to use Kyril in Hunt Monster battles.

^Actual quote!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there's a problem with that logic. The enemies are placed (and obviously, their levels decided) before you pick who is in that battle. It can't be affected by who you end up putting in your battle party, then. So you're saying its based on the level of everybody you have.

But then, it would be negatively affected by the characters you have who are an extremely low level. For instance, if I have five or so characters below level 10 while my main battle parties have levels of 20 and up, you'll see a difference. But that's not the case.

I just think its based on the highest level of anyone on your roster. It seems like the highest level enemies (who are placed farthest from you) are usually one level higher than the highest level on your roster, and the lowest level enemies are two levels below the highest level on your roster.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
Well, there's a problem with that logic. The enemies are placed (and obviously, their levels decided) before you pick who is in that battle. It can't be affected by who you end up putting in your battle party, then. So you're saying its based on the level of everybody you have.

Exactamundo. But one problem I had is that all my characters were around the same level. The biggest deviance was Rene, who was level 6 while everyone else was level 9 or 10.

So I guess it's probably more likely that the enemy levels are based on your highest character's level.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obel is not based on Kyril's level. whoever first stated that didn't do his homework, and we took it as a fact. Kyril can still be at level 10, but enemies in Obel will go up to level 47-50 if your top characters are level 45-50. i believe it's an average, not based on top character (i have a few characters at 50 now and enemies in Obel 1 still start at 45/47)
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was doing some research on it today, and it seems there is a set level addition or subtraction to the critters based on party's average.

Take the Ruins of Calloban when you get the six squirrels and fishmen. The Squirrels south of you start off two levels below you, while the others start two levels above you. The fishmen range from 1 level below, to the same level, to one level above.

That's a set number every time. I had a party of level 12's, had level 10-14 enemies. then at level 13 I had 11-15's. I don't know about the others, since that's the only place I've been hunting as of right now. (Mizuki and Akagi just rejoined with everyone else)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed some new things, though.

Most of my characters are in their early-to-mid 30s. I fought in Terana Plains, and two random low-level characters got thrown in to the 'default' formation.

The monster levels were very low. Highest was 26.

Next (of course, nobody gained a level in that battle), I fought in Mido Shallows. With only 8 spots, only my high-level characters got thrown into the default formation. Now, the enemy levels were much higher, from 29 to 34.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe you already reached the level cap in Terana? These monster hunting areas have a certain limit as to how high their levels can go (area-specific), unlike the Obel Ruins.

I don't have the exact figures, but I do know that hunting in Terana gets very tiresome later on when their levels never seem to increase with my characters, while I still need that elusive Sprout items for Yu (until I discovered Xasta, at least).
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that just because the monsters are already placed when you're selecting your roster doesn't mean that their levels already are. Considering that everything is formula based (even if the stats are a random progression, it doesn't take the computer long to generate random numbers, either), it would -not- take a lot of time for the game to simply recalculate based on the level characters you throw into the party. I have noticed a distinct difference in the average levels of the enemies based on who I have in my party...

When hunting monsters in the Collanbal Ruins at one point, I was using my main fighting group and saw enemies which reached the top level of my party (which was 25 at the time)...but when I threw in a couple of lowbies I was trying to level, many of the monsters descended in level, while a couple remained at my party's top level. I sort of think that DocFrance may have been right initially in thinking that the Hunter Monster parties might be based on your average fighting group's level.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can confirm that the Hunt Monster areas cap off after a point. Collanbal first, then Xasta and Teranas at roughly the same level, then Mido. I can't remember exactly what the levels are though.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: