Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Aldo & Ted [Spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luc skywalker wrote:
That is just my theory folks..but damn Aldo really looks like Windy.

It must be his hips.

Its A Calyps0 wrote:
I'd still put my mom on Aldo playing for the home team..."

It must be his hips.

^Actual quote!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of interesting comments have been said about Aldo and Ted's relationship and I would like to add my two cents.

I believe Aldo was not gay but he was very affeminate. I can relate to it because I myself am not hay bit I do have long hair and there have been a bunch of people who thought I was gay because of how I act and my manneurisms. Its not uncommon for a person to be adoring of another guy and not mean it in a sexual manner. Look at football and basketball. Football players (while in the locker room full of dudes) are seen cugging and enjoying steam baths together after a big win. Basketball players hug all the time after a buzzer beater or blocking a key shot. Does this mean after the game Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O'Neil partake in homosexual activites? Not at all.

Also we know Aldo looks up to Ted and he wants to be his friend. We get the idea Ted dislikes him but we got the same brush off when you first recruit him. ed was just being protective of the rune and not wanting to get close to anyone, it wasn't Aldo's fault. Chances are Aldo didn't know about the effects of the Soul Eater. If someone said "If you hang out with your friend too much, you'll die" will you hang out? No. So its a matter of Aldo wanting to be friends and not knowing the consequencesand Ted trying to not be friendly for the sake of other people.

As if Ted has Aldo's bow in Suikoden 1, why did Ted take it over his old one. Maybe Aldo died from the Soul Eater and all that was left was his bow. Look at how Gremio died, all that was left of him were his cloak and axes. Ted maybe felt sorry for him and took his bow in remembrance. Or how about this, it was a LONG duration of time between Suikoden 4 and Suikoden 1. Maybe Ted's Bow broke and he needed a replacement and went to Aldo's memorial grave which he may have made and used his bow. Or maybe the title of Aldo's bow is a common bow type and Ted just bought a similar one.

As for the theory that Aldo is Windy, that is absurd because not only would Aldo have killed Ted on the ship in Suikoden 4, but Leknaat would have felt her sister's presence and warned Lazlo and company that Aldo was really female and her sister out to steal true runes. Windy was obsessed over getting True Runes and if this is the case why didn't she go after Lazlo? Why choose Ted? Oh and I really don't see how Aldo looks like Windy, at all. Sure the time difference could be a big issue and by the time Suikoden 1 came around she put on weight and changed her look, but I think for fluent character development, we often se characters look the same from one game to the next, with minor changes. Look at Luc, Leknaat, Jeanne, Viki, Lorelai, Killey, Humphrey, Viktor, Flik etc. Why would none of them look dramatically different but Windy do so? Even Lucia who in Suikoden 2 was a bad guy, looked very similar to her appearance in Suikoden 3. Aldo is not Windy. Also it clearly states Aldo died, if Aldo was Windy she wouldn't have died and given Ted the bow.

I side with Gremio saying that the Soul Eater is not evil, it is just being what it has to be. A tiger can kill a human for food, but it doesn't make it evil, just hungry. I see the true runes as entities in themselves and not just magic rocks. So for one to say that the nature of a specific creature is evil is incorrect, its just the nautre of the rune is something we don't like to see often. Even if Gremio's soul was captured, maybe while he was in there he saw that it wasn't evil, just being itself. When Leknaat released him he told Tir that the rune is not evil because he was in it to know.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...maybe Aldo could have been Windy's son. I know Windy wants revenge for what happened at her village, but maybe Aldo could also be part of the equation. If Aldo died because of the Soul Eater, then her reasons for wanting the rune could be more for just power and revenge. It could be a way to get her son back. Kind of like killing a bunch of birds with one stone.

Eh, who knows? It's just speculation, but I think it's an interesting idea.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was really upset when they didn't explain this in suikoden Tactics. For some odd reason I thoguht they would.....

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jurhael wrote:
Hmm...maybe Aldo could have been Windy's son. I know Windy wants revenge for what happened at her village, but maybe Aldo could also be part of the equation. If Aldo died because of the Soul Eater, then her reasons for wanting the rune could be more for just power and revenge. It could be a way to get her son back. Kind of like killing a bunch of birds with one stone.

Eh, who knows? It's just speculation, but I think it's an interesting idea.

I somehow highly doubt this. How could it it slip Windy's mind that Ted is the reason her son is dead(well, he wouldve been by Suiko 1 timeline anyway)...You think that may have just been brought up as a stronger reason for Windy wanting the Soul Eater. Aldo is really just more like a lost puppy that latches on to someone they have a good sense with...He's more of a random vagabond than Windy's son.
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, no one knows for sure who he really is or where he comes from. That's where speculation comes in. I'm not saying that it's true that Aldo is Windy's son, I'm just saying that it could be a possibility.

Suikoden 1 came before Suikoden 4, so there's a chance that the idea of Windy possibly having a son may not have even been considered until four was made. A lot was added into the story since Suikoden 1 and the prologues only add more.

I'd be very surprised if Aldo really was Windy's son.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and yuber or neclord's son. that would really be a surprised. :shock:

but i think Red here have explained the situation of also and ted clearly.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys I would just like to state my basis on why I think Aldo is Windy.

1.) Manner of recruitment- If we analyzed the people we recruit in Suikoden 4, probably one of the strange people is Aldo. I mean we recruited him in the Hermitage Islands.If we recall who we recruited in the hermitage Island that is Elenor Silverberg, her chun-li like assistant, the uga uga boy, Gau and Aldo. It is acceptable that Elenor, her assitant and Gau can be viewed as residents of the place. But Aldo, I cannot find a reason to comprehend why he is there. Probably Windy, disguising herself as Aldo, thought that Ted might be hiding in this isolated island or somewhere in the Island Nations which is someways true because we have recruited Ted in the Fog Ship that is travelling around the Island Nations.

2.) Actions of Aldo in the Ship- In the ship, before we recriuted Ted, if we talked to Aldo he will greet us. But when we already have recruited Ted, all Aldo speaks of was Ted. This kind of action of Aldo reflects the obsession of Windy to the Soul Eater. As for the comment about Windy not going after Lazlo, I have 2 answers. 1 is Windy probably knew the capabilities of the Rune of Punishment that it gives great power to the beholder, but at the expense of their life. I don't think Windy likes to have a rune that might probably end her life. 2 is I have earlier stated that the reason that Windy, disguising herself as Aldo, did not want to kill Ted in the ship. This is true because Windy does not have enough power to confront a true rune beholder. Her imperfect Gate Rune will be no match for the Soul Eater or the Rune of Punishment. Let us remember the fact that in suikoden 1 in the Village of the Hidden rune, Windy brought Neclord and Yuber with her, she also used Ted to trick Tir Mcdohl in to giving the Soul Eater to her somewhere in a valley. This is proof that Windy does not have the capability of getting a true rune by herself. Maybe just maybe, that if she disguised herself as Aldo and she would have friendly relations with Ted, she might trick Ted into giving her the soul Eater.

As for Aldo being dead..well that's why there is a 'mysterious' word in it. Probably the Soul Eater recognize Windy as Aldo and then it tried to kill her, but I think Windy managed to escaped. It may seem that Aldo was really killed by the soul eater but he was not. He escaped. Living Ted to wonder. That is why it is refer to as a mysterious death.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except that Windy says she hadn't seen Ted in 300 years so your theory doesn't fly.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think luc's theory is perfect for the speculation shelter! It will go perfectly with the "Queen is Jillia" and "Duke is Kreutz's son" theories.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is leaning towards stupid in theory; time to kill it off before it really gets bad.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: