Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats the deal with the Suikoden 1 cover?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This kind of thing is really common if you read fantasy novels. Often the images on the front have all sorts of glaring omissions from the characters inside, to the extent where some are unrecognisable.

I think its quite amusing actually that they got a fantasy novel style cover on this version of Suikoden - I wonder what Konami were thinking, perhaps trying to make it more appealing to the western market!

Goldstar's Regiment

3495 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This may sound odd but the cover of the orginal is sorta what attracted me, it reminded me of cool fantasy art I just saw in the art store next door(I was 8 and really big into fantasy art :\). Anyways yeah if it was not for that cover I would not have played one of the best series in all of gaming, kudos to Konami for making a crappy yet appeiling cover art for their first game in a unexpectidly great series.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well yeah expectedly, those cover were made to please the eye of american who were more used to ummm... let say heroic figures, it made the game more appealing even though it did not nessecarely fit the game's caracter.

i think this was the case more in the end 80ies and up to about mid-90 ies, then the cover started to look more faithfull to the games

i'm saying that range of year because most game's cover i saw that had an american-heroic type cover were around those years , for instance, breah of fire I and II , megaman II, suikoden (duh!)
Ray Grievous

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the cover in question is pretty awful. It's the kind of thing I'd avoid if I saw it in a games store. I'm so glad they gave us the true cover in the UK. ^_^

--Ray
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: