Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Rhapsodia] Cheipo's Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: [Rhapsodia] Cheipo's Items Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering what kind of armor and stuff Cheipo sells at the end.

Right now he is selling Platinum Armor and I was just curious how much better it gets.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's already selling Gold Amor and all the Elemental Robes, along with 2nd Class Elemental Beads and Champion Runes in my current game.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...So, does Chiepoo sell good armor then? I haven't actually looked at his shop's inventory since the beginning of the game in my playthrough, and I'm about to take Graska by storm. :) Of course, like all Suikoden games, I can't ever seem to amass enough potch to buy all the cool stuff I want in Suikoden Tactics. :(
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He sells some of the best equipemnt when he's very rich. (Fake Mustache) He is the only shop that sells hero capes I belive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hero Capes are sold somewhere else end game.. I just finished it, so I can't remember what city it was.. Graska perhaps? Or the Small Border VIllage, I know somewhere had them. I screwed up with Chiepoo's shop and bough the capes from somewhere because he wasn't selling them. :)

-My DeviantArt-
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how his voice even changes a bit once he gets the fake mustache, lol It would be cool if he did an olde Brittish accent too.

I currently have him selling Platinum armor as well. I wonder what he sells after doing ALL of his quests?

I do know for a fact though that if you make his business fail then he sells Hunter Runes. I think its the only way to get them! So once you've bought enough rare stuff from rich Chiepoo do a bunch of X and Co quests to make him dirt poor and get a Hunter Rune.

^Actual quote!
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I do know for a fact though that if you make his business fail then he sells Hunter Runes. I think its the only way to get them! So once you've bought enough rare stuff from rich Chiepoo do a bunch of X and Co quests to make him dirt poor and get a Hunter Rune.

You can get one if you dig in Graska. It's near the location where King Lino shows up with his soldiers. What does he look like if you put his business to jeopardy?
Aetherian

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm? I wasn't aware that there was a way for you to improve Chiepoo's business. When I first visited there I couldn't help but think "what a waste of time" because all he had was, well, garbage. I'm assuming by what has been posted that the way you improve his business is by completing quests for him? If so, that shouldn't be too difficult. Granted, I probably wouldn't even be able to afford the good stuff he would end up selling. The market prices and battle winnings are way out of proportion in this game. Not to mention there's no way (that I've found) of abusing the system to gain a great amount of potch. Ahh, the days of Suikoden I where you could win 999,999 potch in five minutes.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way to get more potch/skill points is to play more battles. Doing quests help a lot, as you are not only getting the rewards, but you also get more potch/skill points as you fight battles to gather the necessary items. Especially those quests that require you to go deep into the Obel Ruins multiple times.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So is the platinum armor the best he sells? I am on new game + now and on my first playthrough I did an X & Co quest so I was curious if he ever sold anything better than platinum armor?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might be. I currently have only one or two of his quests left to do, and when I complete them I'll get back to you. Right now he has a purple suit on, and a crown. I'm not sure how he could possibly look any richer.

^Actual quote!
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember I dug up a Hero Cape somewhere though I don't really remember exactly where. And I think you can buy them at Graska city if I'm not mistaken(Please don't take my word for it since I haven't played in a while). By the way, is the Platinum Armor the one with the best defense bonus in the whole game?
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Platinum gear is the best he does. after you buy enough or reach Graska, it's absolutely safe to bankrupt him and buy as many Hunter Runes and Silence Runes are you want. i'm not sure you can get Silence Runes anywhere else..
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I can confirm this. I just completed what I assume is all of Chiepoo's quests. I read on-line that the mercenaries will only send a letter of challenge once all of his quests are done, and they have sent it.

So when Chiepoo is wearing the purple clothes with the crown, and selling platinum stuff, you're there.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: