Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goodbye "Working Designs"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That stinks. Working Designs always had such high quality things. They always included 5000 extra things in the boxes.
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed the Growlanser games, both of them. I bought the special edition box thingy and the games are just amazing to play. I also enjoyed the storylines quite a bit, although the first games ending just kinda made me think "what... no don't stop I haven't finished yet, there are still things to do." I don't know, it just seemed like it ended without ending the story, or atleast the main characters life story moreso.

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is very unfortunate. I never got really into the Arc the Lad series or anything, but I was hoping to when I finally got some money. But now, it just won't be the same. I don't really ever like when companies close down. It seems like I lose out on so many games in the future with good potential.

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nooo!! :cry:

It's true, they liked the spoil the hell out of us. *still has her Ghaleon punching puppet and Lucia pendant* I only bought the Lunar games and Vanguard Bandits, but I've always been impressed by the extra detail they took in all the translations.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And so gose a piece of my RPG heart. I never bought the Growlanser collection, But I have played both Lunars and the Arc the Lad collection (I liked Arc4 but I didn't have the heart to play Arc5, It's like not wanting to pick up an ulgy baby for fear of germs)

They were great, and they always gave you every bucks worth with all that crap the give you in the boxes. Only the (In my eyes) death of sega was as sad for the gaming world.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AH!!! HOLY COW!! NOO!!! :cry: :cry: I love all Working Designs games!!! Albert Oddessey and Dragon FOrce Especially!!! Aww man this is soo not cool! :(
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is sad for the industry and RPG fans in particular, lots of games wouldn't have seen a western release if it wasn't for them, I probably currently only have Dragon Force in my collection that was managed by Working Designs but I want Lunar and Arc the Lad, not to mention so many other titles....

Sad indeed...
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grrrr! Dragon Force was the best strategy RPG in all the world. And they just re-released it as the Sega Classics series, but only for Japan I guess.
Thats really a shame, I was hoping not only would they release it here as well, but maybe continue the Dragon Force games and make more like them. Hell, I never even got a chance to play the second one as it was also a game that never left Japan.

Waaaaaahhhh!!
...oh well
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's too bad. I was quire a fan of the arc series.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: