Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

AnyONE know the graphic engine used for this game?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: AnyONE know the graphic engine used for this game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just a little curious as to which graphic engine theyre using for this game, or if they built one ground up for it...i know SIII used Renderware and SIV used the Silent Hill engine, but has it been said what SV is using?

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Any1 know the graphic engine used for this game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

josiskrazy wrote:
i just a little curious as to which graphic engine theyre using for this game, or if they built one ground up for it...i know SIII used Renderware and SIV used the Silent Hill engine, but has it been said what SV is using?

From the look of the gameplay it looks to run remarkably like Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know the graphic engine but it looks very similar to the graphic style used in KHII, except not as well done. But it's still nice.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed, it looks a LOT like SO: Till the End of Time. I actually was thinking that a while back.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fc_conn wrote:
Agreed, it looks a LOT like SO: Till the End of Time. I actually was thinking that a while back.

Well the giveaway for me was when the hero walked under the archway into what looked like a forest ruin type area, it looked a tad like the ruins in Mosel (i thin thats what its called, the dunes).

Ive been trying to find out if it is indeed the engine but most sites dont have any info whatsoever about the actual engine and just comment on how it looks compared to Suikoden III and IV (that and i can only translate basic japanese) I then tried comparing screenshots of gameplay between KH2 and SOIII and Suikoden V but since KH2 incorporates plain disney designs and colours you cant really draw valid conclusions.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I mean the graphic style and use of shading. The shading in KHII looks very similar to what is used in Suiko V.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea do look like KHII but since both KHII and SO are Squenix games i dont think they would lisence thier engine to a rival company if the engine is built by them...unless they share the same middleware (like renderware)...

maybe its an updated Silent Hill engine, or maybe a new engine built for SV...but either way it looks great!

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

josiskrazy wrote:
yea do look like KHII but since both KHII and SO are Squenix games i dont think they would lisence thier engine to a rival company if the engine is built by them...unless they share the same middleware (like renderware)...

maybe its an updated Silent Hill engine, or maybe a new engine built for SV...but either way it looks great!

youd actually be surprised as to what companies share and dont share, a gaming engine unless basically revolutionary (and since the ps2 has been out a while games have progressed to about as much as they can go hardware wise) would be easily sold to a company if they needed it or just felt it would suit them great.

Then, as you stated, youve got the whole other companies deal.
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like it looks alot more like the new Fire Emblem for GCN than anything else.

I see the KHII graphics as using much more in the way of 3D in their shading.
And the same for Star Ocean 3.

To me, those games are about anime style 3D,
whereas Suikoden V looks to be 2D style 3D,
with very precise use of toon shading.

This game looks like the same sort of faux 2D effects
that are used as in the cutscenes for Path of Radiance.

Which is actually my favorite looking graphics in an rpg.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there's been any official announcement about the graphics engine,
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: