Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suicide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking that taking one's own life would have to mean a more direct way of killing oneself- like head shooting or hanging.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I were to save others via my death, I better be called a hero or at least a nice guy for it. But to me, it is the same thing as "directly' ending my life, except you call them different things in the social arena.

Silent Spectres

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My thoughts on suicide:

Suicide is nothing but the ultimate form of a publicity stunt. People leave long boo-hoo notes, dress up in their Sunday best, and then pull the trigger... or whatever method they want. If you're not famous enough to be in... at least a tabloid, then you're not famous enough to get all the attention that suicide brings. There's plenty of people sad/mad beyond belief but they have the balls to keep living. AND!!! If conditions were really bad enough to warrant suicide your mind would split, causing dissociative identity disorder, or multiple personalities. Simple Psych 101.

*End annoying freshman analysis.*
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why can't Tookie find these folks...murder people who don't wanna live.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a friend who aquaints suicide with euthinaisa. like the bunny suicides. it wokrs good with a paper on eutheniasia. he thinks people shold be able to kill themselfs if they want to.

anway I'm quite paranoid of dying right now. so either suicide would be a way to end the paranoida or be very hypocritical if one i having this fullblown nercrophobia(right word?)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do I think of suicide?

First off, I think it's one of the most selfish things a person can do. They are basically ending their lives and part of the lives of the people who love them. Not only will those people be grieving for their loss, it's going to be stuck in their heads that they "could have done something" to stop the person from killing themselves. Which I think is BS! No matter how hard life gets, there's always a way out...and there's not always going to be someone there to tell you to not give up. People need to tell it to themselves and BELIEVE IT.

What I find stupid is the reasons some people (mostly teens) commit suicide. And I found a website that lists the most common reasons for suicide.

"My boyfriend left me, and I can't live without him." *slits wrists*. Ok...I'm just going to go over there now, you drama queen.

"My mom knows I smoke/sell weed! She's going to disown me..." *hangs himself*. Then you shouldn't have been doing something you knew was going to disappoint her!

People need to stop, take a break, and look at how other people are suffering. Some people are homeless and have no family and you're going to kill yourself because your BF left you?! It's not the end of the world! There's always someone else out there. And if he left you it's because he didn't love you. Would you want to spend the rest of your life with someone who wants to get away from you? Wouldn't you rather find someone who loves and respects you unconditionally? Just. Let. Him. Go!! *with big megaphone*

Other reasons teens kill themselves:

Stress in school: There are countless of teens, that I personally know, who take school WAY too seriously. There is a middle ground between trying to get an education and having fun...you don't have to have one or the other. Some students think that if they have fun, it's going to mess up their studies and their grades, which will prevent them from fulfilling the dreams (and in a lot of cases, the dream of their PARENTS). This isn't entirely their fault because parents put WAAAY to much pressure on their kids. Don't you know the age-old saying: "All work and no play, makes Johnny want to shoot himself"? If you get a B in economics, it doesn't mean you'll never get to be that famous accountant you dream of being! If you have a junkload of homework, take a break, eat a cookie, drop in and see what's going on at Suikox for a bit and go back to your studies. DO. NOT. STRESS. OUT. ABOUT. EVERY. LITTLE. THING!! :o

Family problems: Divorce, separation, etc. Again, it's not the end of the world!! I guarantee that if they got a divorce or separation (like my parents) it was for the best. Would you rather have them at eachother's throats every single day than pursuing their own happiness separately. This doesn't mean they're going to cut you out of their lives, and if they do, you deserve better. Now it's up to you to show them that you are strong and can stand against anything! So get out there and kick some arse! :wink:

Loss of a loved one: This may seem like the end of the world especially if you were really close to them, but it's not. If you think you're going to get to see them faster if you kill yourself , you're wrong. Stop and think about it, would Grandma/ Granpa (or whoever) really say: "Yes, Mikey, pick that gun up and shoot yourself...join us....jooooiiin usss...". NO, so put the damn gun down!! The person who died didn't get to fulfill any last wishes...or reach any goals that had been set, what do you think they will think if you threw that opportunity away? That person probably didn't want to die, and you're voluntarily giving life up? That's just dumb.

Revenge, Anger, and Punishment: You want to get back at someone for doing you wrong so you kill yourself? Oook...that's just lame. You won't even get to see if it even hurt them that you went and killed yourself. They're probably saw your body and said: "....meh....". If you really wanted to get back at someone who screwed you over, do something with your life and prove to them (and to yourself) that you lived through it. Chances are they're still going to be crack-whores and bums while you're living in a two story house with "yo lovah" or wife/husband...whatever.

Loss of job, economic distress: Now this one, I can MINIMALLY understand. I know what it's like to feel like you can't even feed yourself but taking a pill is not the way. Seek out help...from anyone...don't be ashamed. If they love you they will help. You can't start big so start from the bottom up. If the only way to get out of the situation is by cleaning toilets until you find something better, then put them yellow gloves on and start scrubbin'. This is probably at the bottom of the list for reasons anyway, so put the bottle of Vocodin down!

Sexual orientation, gender conflicts: All I can say is DON'T LOSE HOPE. If your family doesn't accept you for who you are, then there is some kind of malice in their hearts. It shouldn't matter what your orientation is, you're still you, so there's no reason for them to stop loving you. Family doesn't only mean blood-ties, if your family doesn't accept you, then get out there and start looking for a new family. Turn to your friends...if they are truly your friends they won't turn their backs on you. If that doesn't work out, make new ones. Hey, I'm here! I may not know you YET but who says friends can't be made online! :wink:

Those are my views on the situations. But I still think people need a reality check when those crazy thoughts start forming in their heads. Whenever the going gets tough for me, I always tell myself: "There is someone out there, who is suffering through a lot more compared to this petty fight with my mom". It always works!

kuwaizair wrote:

Quote:

anway I'm quite paranoid of dying right now. so either suicide would be a way to end the paranoida or be very hypocritical if one i having this fullblown nercrophobia(right word?)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :cry: Suicide is never the way! lol....You shouldn't fear death. When the time is right, you will be taken from this earth...but ONLY when the time is right...not when you choose! Is there really something like that...necrophobia? Probably...

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
People need to stop, take a break, and look at how other people are suffering. Some people are homeless and have no family and you're going to kill yourself because your BF left you?! It's not the end of the world!

Sadly, you cannot tell this to a girl who has no self esteem and literally lives through someone else. When that link is severed, that girl will die inside and feel no reason to live for herself. Sure, a lot of other girls will grieve and cry and miss someone who has left them but for many others, such is not the case. Coming from a broken home and thinking that nobody cares for you, you'll see come to attach yourself to the first man that strays across your path.

I notice that you give good advice but it is largely unrealistic and useless for someone who is unable to say "I need to get past this" or even acknowledge a problem in general. Not everyone who lives through a divorce or high school comes out clean and for the better.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

St. Ajora wrote:

Quote:

Sadly, you cannot tell this to a girl who has no self esteem and literally lives through someone else. When that link is severed, that girl will die inside and feel no reason to live for herself. Sure, a lot of other girls will grieve and cry and miss someone who has left them but for many others, such is not the case. Coming from a broken home and thinking that nobody cares for you, you'll see come to attach yourself to the first man that strays across your path.

I notice that you give good advice but it is largely unrealistic and useless for someone who is unable to say "I need to get past this" or even acknowledge a problem in general. Not everyone who lives through a divorce or high school comes out clean and for the better.

Yeah you're right. Some people are not as prepared as others to deal with some things. And I didn't even consider that their past experiences would effect the way they react to a different situation. Those are probably the people who can't tell themselves they can live through something and instead turn to suicide. It's just hard to understand for me...even though divorce and high school aren't the only things I've lived through that other's may consider "hard", I guess I just didn't feel like giving up in life. It's just scary to think that there are so many people out there that turn to suicide and that have so called "friends" who have no idea what they are going through. Yes, my advice is unrealistic and I know it...but maybe this advice is somewhat understandable:

If you have even a tiny bit of suspicion that someone you know is deeply depressed and contemplating suicide, the best thing you can do is try to talk to them. Be there for them. Even though they might consider you a friend, they might not feel like they can trust you and therefor feel alone. It's just always in my head...like some type of paranoia and I can't stop it...so I'm always trying to be there for my friends...they probably think I'm some kind of psycho stalker who wants to know everything about them...but I just wanna help.

Oh well...I guess I just live in a "rosy colored world" or whatever they call it...

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just face life. The death of yourself is defnitly a weakness since no one would kill himself for simply curiosity (rigth?). I had a friend who tough of that once and i said to him
"Anyone can kill himself and end with a painfull life... but you got to be a real strong human to face the life till it ends"
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko Wrote:

Quote:
People need to stop, take a break, and look at how other people are suffering. Some people are homeless and have no family and you're going to kill yourself because your BF left you?! It's not the end of the world!

I dont' think most people really want to stop and look at other peoples suffering. To be honest..the matter can sometimes leave yourself depressed. I think being considerate of how others choose to handle their life, and helpful isn't always a bad idea...but it's very tiring.

As far as your talking about a girl killing herself because her boyfriend left, isn't a very common case to be honest. The sad and funny truth is, alot of those girls, are very touchy with Histrionic Disorder...or perhaps something similar. And actually atempting suicide is just to snatch atention..sad enough sometimes they accidently succeed...

Darko says again:
Quote:
If you have even a tiny bit of suspicion that someone you know is deeply depressed and contemplating suicide, the best thing you can do is try to talk to them. Be there for them. Even though they might consider you a friend, they might not feel like they can trust you and therefor feel alone. It's just always in my head...like some type of paranoia and I can't stop it...so I'm always trying to be there for my friends...they probably think I'm some kind of psycho stalker who wants to know everything about them...but I just wanna help.

Darko, man. It's really noble of you to try and help and be their for your friends. Which deffeintly makes you probally a amazing friend. But doing things alone is generally one of the worse ideas, regardless of the best intentions. To be honest, if your friend is Seriously suffering from Any form of Depression or Anxiety Disorders, and you can find some key hints of suicide. (I"m not going to name them, I"m sure everyone knows some) I'd suggest going to get help, first perhaps go to his or her family. I fthey come from a home where that might be one of the issues why..then go to seek help through the medical feilds. They need help, and generally arn't going to get better untill you take that step to send out for professional help. It sounds kind of scary, but it most often it saves their life.

As for me, I remember atemping once, I think it was Junior year in Highschool. See I"ve grown up to really impress my parents. Well, they love me no matter what, however sometimes that draws on even more stress, since neither of them have gone to college, and On my dads side, I was the first kid to go to college in like 2 generations, or atleast be in on the right track to. However sadly, I had a terrible teacher, who smashed my GPA down the toilet, and the stress from that spiraled into alot more mess. Which I eventually cleaned up and took ahold of..and yes I"m now going to college. However I remember having this terrible feeling of failing my parents, so..I made a clad atempt to hang myself between the double shower curtian bars in my bathroom. Being the loser I am, I failed and fell..and lucky I just spent the rest of that shower curled up into a corner. I guess to be honest, I can deffeintly understand some of those feelings one gets...its kind of scary, but in time sticking around somehow made everything work out alot better..

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was a time ago rather depressed. With rather depressed I mean I wanted to stop wasting air by breathing it. You might want to know what a person I must have been (or not, but I will tell either way).

My mother was an ill person. She had an inheritable desease. I won't bother you with tha latin expression, but it's a kind of leukaemia. This kind of cancer is fatal and can't be healed, only be slowed down. That means my mother knew as a rather young woman she will day by a illness that causes her organs to quit working, one organ after another: kidney, liver, heart. She can only live on when she takes about 25 pills EACH day and later makes a blood wash EACH day as well.
I can't blame her for trying to commite suicide.
She died when I was 12 and I saw her lying on the bad, unable to move without help or drink some water without somebody support her. She was in a delirium and couldn't tell what's reality and what's imagination.

My father is a person who can't be alone. He was married a second time with a 15 years younger woman. After the divorce he had about 7 or girl friends. Not together, but one after another. He wanted to marry again, but that didn't work and now he has a woman who he wants to marry end of the year. We moved a lot because of these woman, but sometimes because he was searching for better paid jobs. So it came that I moved 9 times until I became 17 and attended 9 different school classes. You might imagine that this isn't helpful if you want to find friends.

Of course, there are many people out there who have a lot worse life, but my life wasn't fun all the time either.

The Fool
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Truth being told I have it easy. Since a very young age I had few but loyal friends, took nice grades in school and was a sportist but I know the feeling of being hated by almost everyone for jealous, but that was nothing
My fathers when young have passed by a lot of problems. Starve was one of them...
They were in a very bad situation and both of them worked like crazy to come were they are today. Maybe because I really had never suffered no great traumas just (just regular ones) is not my rigth to say this but what my fathers always told me was to NEVER lose hope and always try your best.
There are a lot of really big issues in the world and I know that but I can't really believe when someone wants to quit things that badly you know? I alway do everthing in my power to make something change and improve myself and at every end of the day I think "what have I made rigth and wrong today?". Everybody have a reason to live and the reason is simply life itself... just think it is wrong to throw it away you know...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must admit, eating my own words on page one of this thread, that I'm probably slipping down this slope again thanks to my health issues compounded with some other things.

I'm basically toying with the idea of not getting treatment and just letting myself go. Sometimes I just feel so tired and I just want out. See, what makes it so bad though, is that I know people care a bit about me. I'm not terribly alone, technically. But, oh lordy me, I feel it. It's always there in my chest and I don't feel like putting up with it. That's what makes it so selfish, a few people care about me, but I don't feel loved and due to my obvious insanity, if I don't have a relationship and I don't love or feel loved, I feel like nothing.

Of course, I'll end up struggling along, however, so I wouldn't worry. ;) My website still hasn't fulfiled my goal so I have to stick around that long at the least and who knows what'll happen in that time.

Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at now is that apathy can be a contributor of sorts to suicide. If there's a life and death situation and you don't do all you can to seize life, is it suicide? I suppose it is in this instance but I guess there are other less clear instances.

Heh, sorry for turning this thread into the suicide hotline. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
nocturne1337

Rebels of Truth

-963 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in my city(which i spretty small) we had over 5 people kill themselves, and my neighbors dad shot himslef in the head(he has 2 kids) because his wife was going to divorce him!

suicide is a weak way out, its extremely selffish int hat it hurts everyone around you while you get off easy! :no:
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see how suicide is an "easy way out," because you are actually gonna be dead. That is, you will cease to exist. That's not easy at all, it is beyond the convenient dichotomy of easy/hard. The saem goes to the "suicide is weak" argument as well. Typically, people who are considering suicide won't give a damn about such arguments, they may even agree and decide to take themselves out.

Last edited by Vextor on Sat May 20, 2006 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: