Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Forgotten Sega Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Forgotten Sega Games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone remember "Streets of Rage" for Sega? I own the 2nd one for my Sega Genesis. The believe there were 4 of them total. I was going to go buy the 4th one at the local Gamestop store in the mall, however it was 35 dollars?!! For a sega game.. is this game rare or something? I ended up downloaded all of them for a Rom on my computer, if you havn't played them I suggest yo do. Expeically the 4th one. If you know the secret you can be a kangaroo.. I actually wish they made more games like Streets of Rage. Multiplayer walk around and beat people up games, they made one with Ninja turtles, but that wasn't very good, and it was really short.

Gunstar Heros was another amazing game! If anyoen can remember this game, I will give you so many props. Again, I was unable to even find this game intact anywhere, but I remember renting it along time ago when I was like 2nd or 3rd grade... I now have the game for a emulator again, and if you havnt played it. I suggest you do so?

Does anyone else remember this games, or other old sega games that noone else seems to remember? :-/

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, Sega made some of the best games, and they were so underrated.
I remember Streets of Rage, Fighting Force for the psx is a lot like it you know. I only played the first one but I remember that I loved to beat people with the pipe sections haha.

One of my favorite sega games had to be Star Control, and I doubt most people would like it because its just really primitive gameplay. There are two teams of aliens, one called the Brood I think and the other called the Alliance, which had some Earthling fighter spaceships. If anyone ever played The Unholy War for PSX its a lot like that, in the sense that you can only attack in 2 or 3 methods. And that means that the one on one fights were really like 'Rock-Paper-Scissors.' There was also a strategy mode in Star Control where you had to colonize planets to gain energy to buy ships and eventually take your opponents mothership.

Anyways they made Star Control 2 for the PC as a free downloadable game, which I never really got into but it seemed fun enough.

Well, cool topic nevertheless, if I remember some more I'll try to enlighten some interested sega fans!
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Battle Toads? That one was a classic I thought, I used to play the crap out of that game.

Vector Man, I almost think they should bring him back. I'd love to see a Vector Man 3D released on a system. Those games were awesome.

Julious Cezar
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Gunstar Heros was another amazing game! If anyoen can remember this game, I will give you so many props

This is being re-released on the GBA Advance.

Burning Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zero wrote:
How about Battle Toads? That one was a classic I thought, I used to play the crap out of that game.

Battletoads was made by RARE, not Sega, and the franchise started out on the NES (It's also been on the Gameboy, the Megadrive and in the arcades).

As for Gunstar Heroes...it's not a re-relase for the GBA, it's a bran new sequel.

Anyway, I have quite a few old megadrive games that I enjoy playing every now and then, though I would have to agree that Streets of Rage is a fun series. I only have SoR1 so far, but I intend to purchase the rest of the series sooner or later (What a shame that SoR 1-3 wasn't included with the PAL release of Sonic Gems Collection, like they were for the japanese release)
For your greatness will
silence them all
-Warrior Wisdom
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Does anyone remember "Streets of Rage" for Sega?

Oh hell yeah! I loved the second one.

I am sure everyone remembers two classic SRPG's in Shining Force and Shining Force II.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for Gunstar Heroes...it's not a re-relase for the GBA, it's a bran new sequel.

It seems a remake of Gunstar Heroes. *SPOILERS*Hell, Green is still alive, and it seems like nothing has happened, excluding not having the professor*END OF SPOILERS* But you're talking about my favourite game (hell, treasure is my favourite game producer!).
Streets of Rage was what I and my cousin played between playing Gunstar Heroes (we still do that, playing SD!vsRAW2006 and PES5 in the breaks). The 2nd one is my favourite. Anyone remembers that freaking level in the elevator? Just to have a boss fight in the end? Man... those were the times...

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play Streets of Rage too. It was one of the big multiplayer games for the Sega Megadrive. There were lots of classics on the system such as Sonic (I can't believe no-one else has mentioned this, my favourite was the one two people could play), Wonderboy in Monster World, Alex the Kidd, Lemmings, Micro Machines 2, Warsong and of course Shining Force I and II.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gunstar Super Heroes is a new Gunstar game but it has many of the feautres in the original tributes.

Sega rocks. Sega > Nintendo. I grew up in a Genesis household, yessir!

Comix Zone
Vectorman
Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles
Sonic cd
Panzer Dragoon series
Jet Set Radio
Gun Valkyrie
Virtua Fighter
Streets of Rage
Shining Force
Seaman

Just to name a few. :D
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

am sure everyone remembers two classic SRPG's in Shining Force and Shining Force II.

I do remember actually renting that game from time to time. hahah.. I'm not sure what ever happened to it. It was way back in the days when grocery stores actually had movie and game rental available...

What?! the brother is still alive?!.. woot woot.. green .... But I don't have a GBA, so I'm going to have to get it for a Game boy Advance emulater I suppose. I just remember mixxing different gun combinations... and the cool battle theme. Does anyone remember the board game level, where you had to fight series of different bosses... I thought that was by far the most fun part about that game..

Quote:

Anyone remembers that freaking level in the elevator? Just to have a boss fight in the end? Man... those were the times...

I think every streets of rage that has been created had some sort of elevator level. Where you have to go up, level by level, with little stops to let a huge mob of badguys in the end. those were by far the toughest parts of that game. Another tough part, where they'd always have that one super fast boss, that would jump around the screen and you would have to get hit to actually hurt him... Or I remember if you used your special power, it'd decrease your life little bit as well... I they should come out with a sequal to those games...

haha I have Sonic and Tails.. or I think it's sonic 2. A awsome multiplayer sonic game, where 2nd player gets to be the allmighty Tails. They key is having tails run infront of sonci and kill everyone, because tails had unlimited lives and kept comming back. If I wanted to be cheap, i'd play the game with a friend, and tails would just kill the bosses, while I dodged around as sonic and just made sure I didn't die. I also had the knuckles version, where you could attack your sonic game to the top and be knuckles in the other game.. I think it was.. or maybe it was the other way around.. I really can't remember :/.

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I forgot that SoR1 and 3 also had an elevator level. It's just that SoR2 was more memorable than any of the others (at least, for me).
Oh, and in Gunstar SUper Heroes you can't mix guns. You only have three and from the beggining (only played with red and it had the fire, force and that green persuing one).

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah you can mix the gun powers? I Sware.. you pick up those two things, and based on the combination... thats the type of blast you get. I remember, becuase I'd get two Green persuing ones.. which would bassically be this swirl of green starts that anniliated anything that got close to me...

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't, in this game, which is a shame since it was one of the best parts of the origianal. Force + Green Persuing= Force Pursuing Chain of Hell :twisted: That ruled!

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Streets of Rage 2 and Gunstar Heroes were two phnominal Sega games but I wouldn go as far as to say they are "Forgotten" because they will always be classics to us Sega Generation. Those 2 games devoured hours upon hours of time while being played.

If Gunstar Heroes comes out gor Game Boy Advance I shall surely check it out. If its a remake I think it has potential to be vastly improved, at least graphically. The gameplay was too great to alter. As far as Streets of Rage goes, they could be on Streets of Rage 80 and I'd still be pumping out hour upon hour playing the series.

As you can see from my posts in the Shining Force IV thread, I love Shining Force and as those in my nation know I'm a plethora of knowledge about the first 2 games in the series. Shining Force really helped define what a good Strategy RPG is made of. I vouch that Shining Force is one of the best games the Genesis/Megadrive ever had.

One game I add to this list as a slightly obscure game called Beyond Oasis. The game centered around a prince cast from his throne from an evil dude and to get back at him he had to travel around and collect Genies or something silly. But the game was solid with graphics, gameplay and difficulty. I wish my memory served me better but the game was really fun and difficult.

Vectorman would be a really cool idea to bring back and into the new age systems. The idea is perfect to exploit the graphical abilities to make it really look cool and Sci-Fi like. Another game I'd like to see make a comeback (and it wasnt just a sega game) is Earthworm Jim. Nothing beats the zany comedy that game offered its fans.

I don't know if it was popular or not but I loved Toejam and Earl. That game was SO early 90s its not even funny. Catching the humas and getting coins from trees and the doing those boom-shaka-boom game swere crazy fun. That game was wild. But I don't know it it qualifies as forgotten because it was fairly known, I think.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I remember my days with Streets of Rage. Virtua Fighter too. Good times...

Some Sega games have lasted a bit better though. The Shining series is still alive, albeit in a watered-down Action/RPG form. The GBA remake was very excellent, however, and really kept alive the spirit of the first game. The Shinobi series isn't doing too bad either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: