Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Video Game Hangover
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OoOoH!_cookiemonster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Video Game Hangover Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the title, yes it is about Video Game Hangovers. It's one of those mysterious illness no one has found a cure to. It's occurs late at night when your playing a video game, and the lights to the video game flashes rapidly for a short or sometimes long period of time.

Mild symptoms include: mild headache, easily irritable, inability to function properly, sensitivity to light and sound.

Severe symptoms include: Migraine, Possible stomachache, Insomnia and in worst cases: Death.

Treatment: If you are experiencing mild symptoms of VGH, please do not resume your normal video gaming experience and proceed to a dark room where you can sleep it off. It is not worth it to get to the next level if you cannot continue your 'gaming' the next day because you have severe case of a VGH.

Don't get mad at me if you find this thread pointless. I'm just trying to educate on this deadly disease. You know how when your playing a video game late at night, and for an example Viki or Yuber or whoever teleports and it make that flashing like (i think it does) and then you for some reason get the stomach ache,... well..that's VGH!! Beware!!!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must be interent wasted, I have headaches and dizzyness and arg! just arg!

*runs away and cries*

I never really had one of those.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something like that has happened to me before. I was playing Final Fantasy VIII, and it was the final battle with ultemecia. after the fight ended and the credits were done, my eyes felt sore, and there was a buzzing sound in my ears. I'm not going to play a game nonstop like that ever again.( and with my schedile now, I couldn't)

Mithril Knights

37 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also have experience this aweful epidemic. Never ever will I play a video game for 36 hours, its just a bad idea, and the bf doesnt like it much either
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played for 72 hours straight of Guild Wars during the first Open beta, and I had a migraine the size of Texas. I have never done it again after that. :P Though I get those minor symptoms a lot everytime I play a new game.

Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Thanks to my ultra-low attention span (hey, MTV generation), I have never been at risk for this horrid disease. :p

(Sophita would go on to detail how she managed to avoid it, but she was distractred by a pretty streetlight and has left to investigate it.)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had those before, mostly in the form of headaches.
I don't play games for as long as I used to these days though because of the same thing that afflicts Sophita: short attention span.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have those symptons even when i have not played a game for a day (which is my current maximum of being without a game).
Nothing to worry about this kind of disease then. :mrgreen:

But now i still do not know what is causing them. :x
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really never have this kind of problem too bad. I am used to not sleeping and just staying up, staring at a bright screen for hours and hours, so I really don't suffer from this horrible disease. But I haven't really been playing too much of games as of late anyway. I have too many other things going around that have got my time occuppied moreso than with games.

Sometimes however, after playing too much of games, I start to feel sick and I get dizzy. When it becomes too unbearable to handle, I just stop playing and try closing my eyes for awhile. It helps a lot, but the best way to solve this is simply to just eat some food. Last time this happened, I ordered 3 pizzas for my friend and I, and I felt a lot better after the feast.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Around 75 hours of Final Fantasy X non-stop when I couldn't find my memory card. Eventually I got a loan of a friend's card, saved, and promptly fell asleep for 26 hours. Oy.

Nowadays, the worse I get is 20 hours but even that is very rare. Not many good games, you see. Expect the next occurance of this to happen when Suikoden Tactics makes its European release in February.

Only once have I physically fallen asleep unwillingly while playing game and that was Suikoden I when I was going for a single play-through without stopping. I dozed off near the end of the game; the first hall of Gregminster Palace. Sigh.

And yet still I stay in shape. How?! It shouldn't work out but, hey, it does. Seems like my metabolism is the only thing keeping me from the image of the overweight triple-chined game playing geek.

That and showers. :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
(Sophita would go on to detail how she managed to avoid it, but she was distractred by a pretty streetlight and has left to investigate it.)

Hahahaha! Don't live in a city with neon lights do you? If you did, I'd be amazed that you can get anything at all done.

And it's not really a disease if you actually see Viki running around in your room, right? Right? Help me out here....actually, that has happened to me. Fortunately, I realized that it was really just my sister working on her Viki costume for con.

As for playing for too long, I'm thankfully mostly safe from this dread disease because of physical limitations. I work in front of a computer all day, so if I try to do a marathon session I run a very good risk of getting a killer headache. The other physical limitation is that my aforementioned career of sitting in front of computers means that I developed tendonitis 5 years ago or so. Love videogames, but I have to bust out the braces sometimes.

...I sound like a wreck don't I? LoL!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get addicted to things easy, then again I get frustrated and just quit. otherwise I feel like my heart will explode. so I don't play for 10 hours. then again time files when you don't pay attintion to somthing other than your game. plus some games take to long. really can't those guys run faster? between getting to a and b, and fighting (in rpgs) it takes so long. but yeh, crazy stuff. you need to pace yourself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patton

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never actually experienced any of this before. I used to play things non-stop but now I'm doing other things much more often. Sometimes I try to go for marathons but someone calls and asks if I want to go bowling or something and I can't refuse, then I end up going to someone's house and not getting back until sometime the next day.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Video Game Hangover Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OoOoH!_cookiemonster wrote:
By the title, yes it is about Video Game Hangovers. It's one of those mysterious illness no one has found a cure to. It's occurs late at night when your playing a video game, and the lights to the video game flashes rapidly for a short or sometimes long period of time.

Mild symptoms include: mild headache, easily irritable, inability to function properly, sensitivity to light and sound.

Severe symptoms include: Migraine, Possible stomachache, Insomnia and in worst cases: Death.

Treatment: If you are experiencing mild symptoms of VGH, please do not resume your normal video gaming experience and proceed to a dark room where you can sleep it off. It is not worth it to get to the next level if you cannot continue your 'gaming' the next day because you have severe case of a VGH.

Don't get mad at me if you find this thread pointless. I'm just trying to educate on this deadly disease. You know how when your playing a video game late at night, and for an example Viki or Yuber or whoever teleports and it make that flashing like (i think it does) and then you for some reason get the stomach ache,... well..that's VGH!! Beware!!!

I have not personally suffered from this illness but I know people that have. Usually after they have gone for insane amounts of time just sitting there playing games, usually heavily addicting ones like RPGS, and games like Harvest Moon. Naturally since there seems to be a bit of a stigma with this illness, most are unwilling to deal with at the time, and would rather suffer through it, than stop playing. As sad, and pathetic as that might sound to most normal people, to any hardcore gamer, it sounds all too familiar I am sure. I think when people really cant notice when they are changing their behaviors due to playing games so much, then they should probably get some councilling or consider selling their games. Alright that last one might seem a bit drastic, but sometimes it is something that should be considered, no matter how bad the reaction they have is. I would like to say that no one that I know really well has this affliction, however I know at least one of my brothers does when he really wants to. This is just sad really, since he has his own other problems now, so I have to make sure that he doesnt get ahold of my PS2.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know what when i think of it, i haven't played video games in about two years, the very last game i played was Suikoden 3, i have been busy, but it was mainly b/c my bro sold the PS2 for some quick dough. T_T. I was so sad when i found out it wasn't coming back. I haven't played suikoden 4 so i have no idea what it's about. But hey, i don't think i can stay sober long, not with PS3 coming out!!!! Aahaha. (k, now im just being weird.. T_T)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: