Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Character in Suikoden Tactics (possible spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Favorite Character in Suikoden Tactics (possible spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this done for the other Suikodens(well, the ones that have been released), so I decided to go ahead and ask about this one.

So, who are your favorite characters in Suikoden Tactics? Me? Roget, hands down. I just absolutely adore him. I never thought I would either since he is a huge thorn on the party's side for quite awhile. I always considered him tough as nails when he's an opponent and quite powerful when he finally got in the party. Once I fought him for the last time and saw what ended up happening to him(basically backstabbed and abandoned by Iskas), I wondered if he could be saved. On the first go around, I ended up having to defeat him because I didn't know if he could be saved or not and Kyril wasn't around.

When I found out I could save him, I backtracked a little bit and started the entire battle all over again. I nabbed him as quickly as I could. I think he's worth it as he's a very interesting, complex, and passionate person. He strikes me as the sort who wears his heart on his sleeve despite being quite cocky. It's no wonder he has such good will with quite a few other characters.

I think he's fairly charismatic and charming. Being rather cute gives an advantage too. Mwah. Plus, he seems different from other mages. I didn't even know he was a mage until the third time I fought him. I just thought he was a fighter who knew some spells. My, that was an oopsie.

There's more to him that meets the eye and I wish he could have been a story character, but I guess there's always fanfiction for those who would like to explore him. How old is he, anyway? He seems pretty young.

Other favorites include Kyril(because he is powerful), Andarc, Seneca, Simeon and I really think that's about it for those unique to the Suikoden Tactics.

How about you? Who are your favorites?
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe is my favorit echaracter for Suikoden Tactics. He's evidence that a pansy can become strong (if you equip him right).
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril has provided to become an interesting character. Coop although did not meddle into story much, he stood up for what's right. Ornela's likeable. Simeon has that strange curiosity around him. I think this won't be the only time we will see him. The mercs are grea, but in the end my choice still goes to Lazlo.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is hard for me, it really depends on the day actually. Simeon and Roget both rank at the top for me. I'm not kidding when it depends on the day..

Simeon is just so mysterious, I can't help but find him to be somewhat like Jeane. Male counterpart or something. I find he casts spells faster than Roget, so I like him in battle more.. but personality wise it's really hard to pick either.
The little side story about Simeon was a nice touch, but I hope they go more into it. He's supposebly famous, at least among mages, I wouldn't mind knowing why.

I agree about Roget though, I didn't even know he was a mage. I figured he was some sort of apt battle mage, much like Flik was in Suikoden 1 and 2. It does make sense though, he is a wind mage after all. Not that we know any other cocky wind mages. See Reference: Luc
I had the feeling he'd be recruitable though. I was nearing the end game and maybe sorta took a peek at the final character list to see for sure. I didn't want to miss him! Of course, I found out I didn't miss him (yay!) but I screwed up on getting the mercs. Gee who woulda thought sinking Chiepoo would deny me four characters, I mean really :P

-My DeviantArt-
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Not that we know any other cocky wind mages. See Reference: Luc

Ah, Luc. Yea, I find myself comparing/contrasting Roget with Luc. I think they both have strong personalities, but I think Luc is clearly more naturally talented, while I think Roget didn't have that, so he has to work harder than most mages for rune slots and spells. I don't think Roget would be a match for Luc, but I don't think Luc would be facing an easy battle either.

Roget is much nicer though. :)

Anyway, the Suikoden 4 favorites in Tactics would be Siobahn(Lazlo), because he's a powerful and he's also been the one to get the last hit on Roget. Heh! Snowe, because he seemed at peace with himself and has served me well for most of the game. Jeane, because she is just that good(and works well with Roget) and Maxine, who is a goddess! I love her power.
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hero4, snowe, kika, and Kyril.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite returning characters in tactics, are probably Sigurd, Hervey and Selma.
Sigurd and Hervey I just love, and the range on Sigurd with an eagle rune is awesome!
Selma I liked in IV, but I found I liked her even more once I got into tactics. She deals so much damage, I just love her! I use a lot of wind base as well, so she fits in nicely.

Since I'm in new game + now, I'll probably make my main team wind, water and fire based.

While I didn't mind Jeane, I found she had horrible defence this time around. I'm going to try and do more with the mages in my current play through though. I have a new addiction to group attacks, so I want to play around with those more ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...personality / story wise and combat ability wise are completely seperate concepts for me, so I'll make two lists. One thing about Tactics was that it reintroduced so many characters from Suikoden IV, and gave a lot of them some more depth (like Sigurd and Hervey) that was kind of nice to see...but they already had a head start if I liked them from Suikoden IV (Kika, Sigurd, Hervey, Paula, Selma, the list goes on)...

Combat Wise - This is the easier list for me to make, since it simply has a lot to do with my style of play, and the sheer owning ability of some of the characters.

Lazlo - The Rune of Punishment is just too much in Tactics. It was decent in IV, although I found that it was a bit lackluster towards the end of the game, and its level 4 spell was...somewhat less awesome than I had hoped... Tactics...however... the 2nd level spell (I can't for the life of me recall its name) is ridiculously powerful, and the 3rd level spell (which I did not successfully kill one single enemy with in Suikoden IV) usually had 85-90% success chance for me in Tactics, and proved to be highly useful. He's also Wind like Kika, and has easily one of the better units with Kika (especially since it colours the tiles green...ouch). Not to mention that he attacks about five times with battle lust...and...hm.

Kika - She played pretty much as she did in IV, pretty all around awesome. Not so much with the magic, but the Falcon Rune was so powerful that I found she could one-hit kill even late game enemies with no trouble. Her synergy with Lazlo and the fact that she's Wind (mostly beneficial because I used so many other Winds) just sweetened the deal.

Kyril - Kyril turned out to be quite a beatstick for me. I was hesitant to mention him here because it's kind of irritating at times that he can't kill fishmen, but I also managed to use that to my advantage to level some folks up during gameplay. His Rune was really useful for me, and he just did good damage, and had good defense, for the entire game. Part of that was due to my S-Rank tokens, but I digress.

Seneca - Since I tended to use quite a bit of Wind, I always had a use for Seneca. The fact that she is ranged and seems to do quite well with Battle Lust made her a major damage dealer for me, and she's also fast, and has a reasonably good defense. Overall, not bad.

Trishtan - Massive speed, and massive hitpoints. Not quite the damage output of other 1-hand swords like Hervey, but while on his native element (which I forcibly altered to Wind), he served well for me throughout the game.

Mizuki - One word: evade. On a water tile, I rarely saw Mizuki get hit. That, combined with her speed, made her a good asset. Her damage output wasn't ever quite up to par, but the Shrike Rune was pretty useful.

Story / Personality / Aesthetic-wise

All of the characters above, interestingly enough, go on here too. But there are more!

Sigurd and Hervey - I always liked these two from IV, and it was really nice to see them given some extra story in Tactics. I found them to be useful in battle (though I didn't feel quite up to listing them above...)...but more than that...I just like pirates. Such a soft spot. :)

Brandeau - Only in the game for a very brief time, though a bit longer than IV, it just intensified my like for this guy. It's my thing for pirates again, in part, but Brandeau just kind of kicks ass.

Ornela - I have a soft spot, similar to my soft spot for pirates, for bad ass female characters with spears and armor. She made me like the Kooluk a little better. Go Ornela!

Simeon - Just as others have said, he's mysterious, he's cool, he's a bad ass sorcerer. I definitely hope to see Simeon again somewhere. He may not have quite the apparent transcendence of Jeane, but he could easily fit into another game set near the Suikoden IV time period.

Paula - My favourite Knight from Suikoden IV returns, triumphantly! She wasn't quite as cool for me in this game...I think primarily because I used her as a battle mage in IV, and that's not really possible in Tactics. Still, I love the Suikoden elves, and Paula is no exception. :)

...Hmm...quite the list..there were almost certainly some more...but none that stuck out rampantly in my mind. Then again, it's been a while since I've played any Suikoden Tactics...I probably forgot someone incredibly important. Oh well.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I threw beserker belts on Kika and Mizuki and they were then my favorite characters by far. They could both hit hard and Mizuki was very fast.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've found a weird apreciation of Karl in Suikoden Tactics. He's one of the strongest physical characters out there, and he's got a nice defense that helps a lot too. His White Lion Rune really complements his strenghts(attack and dfense) and that third spell is just the bomb!!

Lazlo is another one of my favorites, for the same reasons that have been stated over and over again.

I also like Seneca, both in battle and for her personality. In battle sh was really useful with a a berserk belt and those spells she's got.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NO MILLAY LOVE?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Homegirl's invincible in battle! I'm quite disappointed that she didn't have any story though. She just came as a general of Obel... and that's it. :roll:

My favourite new character has to be Seneca. I just like her character, and the way she handles her conversations with Andarc. I found it pretty funny when she was a little worried that Kyril might be looking up to her as a mother-figure. And she's so cute. Not to mention her skills in battle are just great. She's my primal wind-type fighter.

The first time I have seen Roget, I wanted him in my party REAL BAD. I find his accent supah hawt. :lol: So he seems fighter-typish in battle? That's awesome. Now you got my blood pumping! I can't wait. Anyway, I just got Simeon, and I adore him so far. Smarty people are awesome.

As for old characters, barring Millay, Lazlo's my choice. Come on! Double-Edged Sword? Pure badass!!! And I was very impressed at his stats this time around. It wasn't horribly average unlike in Suikoden IV.
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rita's great, since she's the first character you can recruit, and she makes those missions in the Underground Passage and the Nest of Pirates so much easier. There's just something rewarding about seeing that little girl smash a Kooluk soldier's face in with that giant hammer.

Plus, I kind of have to like her, ever since I lost my soul to Rita-pon.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are you serious? Rita for me kept on dying. And when she did actually die, i couldn't care any less. Well, that's me opinion.

While i haven't recruited all of the characters i could have when i beat the game, i'll name the ones i do like.

My first favorite is Coop. Only one other person mentioned him. He's a plot character, but with the Swing, oops i mean Battle Lust, He can kill half of the enemies with one swish-swah-slash! I was surprised that his accuracy was quite good.
Along with him was Mitsuba. The girl was strong back in IV, and she's back with a vengeance (though there isn't any need of that) here in Tactics! The Chameleon Rune was really strange and sometimes could hinder my play in the battles, but she still massacres with the Titan Rune.

Those two are pretty much my faves. Other than them, i liked Kyril, Andarc, Seneca, Flare, Ornella and Corselia.

Highwind wrote:
NO MILLAY LOVE?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? Homegirl's invincible in battle! I'm quite disappointed that she didn't have any story though. She just came as a general of Obel... and that's it. :roll:

She used to be one of my favorites in the middle of the game. But then she kept on dying a lot, even with her shield and the Mounted and such. I was able to keep Jeremy on for longer. But then they both were being replaced by Mitsuba and Coop respectively. I did like her back in IV though.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keo

JutsuNinjas

1161 Potch
4 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coop

Last edited by Keo on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Are you serious? Rita for me kept on dying. And when she did actually die, i couldn't care any less. Well, that's me opinion.

Armour Defense goes a long way. She's pretty badass when you upgrade her Smash and Critical Hit too, but once you get Nalleo, she's pretty much insignificant, because he trumps her speed.

Starslasher wrote:
Highwind wrote:

She used to be one of my favorites in the middle of the game. But then she kept on dying a lot, even with her shield and the Mounted and such. I was able to keep Jeremy on for longer. But then they both were being replaced by Mitsuba and Coop respectively. I did like her back in IV though.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Mounting Millay (okay, that sounded dirty) is a bad idea! You lose her Parry skill if she's riding on a Kangacorn! Also, a Counter Rune really helps a lot. I don't find the Viper Rune very useful, so I just switched it out.

Interesting about Coop... His low SPD really turned me off, but seeing as a lot of you like him (heck, even syb likes him), perhaps I should give him a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: