Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best army
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which army was the best?
Liberation Army
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Dunan Army
39%
 39%  [ 31 ]
Fire Bringer
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 79

Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that due to McDohl's influence and his helping aide of the Dunan army in Suikoden 2, and that Lepant gave his support to Dunan that in fact its between Dunan/Toran combined against the Fire Bringer, since Fire Bringer's composing groups are at war with Tinto after Suikoden 3 and still have disputes between each other that Dunan/Toran combined would win. Dunan has a lot of influence, with trade routes from the Highway village, not to mention Banner being important for trade with Tornan, then I presume that Harmonia since they took advantage of the Second Fire Bringer war would also take advantage of this war, essentially the Fire Bringers would be fighting a war on two fronts, Dunan already beat Harmonia in the Higheast Rebellion so I am sure that they could beat them again, the loss of Luc also makes them weaker, since he was much more powerful than Sasarai.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a pretty good analysis Prince Crisafulli. I agree that Toran and Dunan would most likely be an item if they are to fight against Grassland.

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have voted for the Liberation army for several reasons.
First of all , I've never played to Suikoden III , so i couldn't vote for the Fire bringer.
Liberation army's strength is the unity! There is a lot of races or people. There is Dwarf , elves , dragon knight , ninja , etc.. The dwarves hate elves but they fought side by side.
An ancien enemy can become a great ally. (the Generals)
They have 2 startegist , and that's a very good advantage. Plus there is Apple , don't forget her !
The headquarters is quasi-impossible to attack.Plus , all the territory is very difficult to attack , just see all the way Riou and his friends have to do to go to Gregminster.

The fact that you can steal soldiers to ennemy is the ultimate technique. Imagine that you could do this in Suikoden II. The battle would be too easy , that's because Liberation army is the best !
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ignoring the Fire Bringer Army for the moment (Haven't played Suikoden III however what I know from spoilers I'm not too impressed)...

Looking at things objectively, I'd say the Toran Liberation Army had a harder job at hand than the New City-State Army.

The Liberation Army had to operate within enemy territory against an infrastructure which, while corrupt, was still fully functional.

In comparison, Dunan's New City-State Army had the task of defending individual principalities against foreign invasion. A tough job to be sure but I'd imagine the Liberation Army's lot was harder.

In terms of success, the Liberation Army would come out on top again. Following the foundation of the 'new' Liberation Army following Odessa Silverberg's death, the army quickly defeated Kwanda Rosman and invaded the domain of Milich Oppenheimer. The major set-back for the Liberation Army happened here. Following their recovery and eventually victory however, the force never look back. And save for a inital skirmish defeat at the hands of Teo McDohl, it's soon pretty obvious that the Liberation Army has the war won and that the Imperial forces are fighting out of desperation and loyalty and not out of any expectation of victory.

Meanwhile, back up north in Dunan, the New City-State Army scored an initial victory against Solon Jhee's company before managing to thwart a Two River invasion at the last moment. Soon afterwards, South Window region fell without the army knowing despite their HQ being based at North Window!

Following that Greenhill falls however a heavily botched rescue attempt manages to succeed. After being rebuffed by Matilda an alliance is signed with the Toran Republic.

Luca Blight is only defeated by internal Highland help. Muse is destroyed by Highland. And the collapse of Highland during the second half of the war isn't caused by any New City-State Army influence.

Looking over all of this, it seems pretty clear to me that the Liberation Army did a much better job, especially given the disadvantages they suffer compared to their Dunan counterparts.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield, I wouldn't really say that Liberation Army has the tougher job than the Jowston (or Alliance) Army.

While what you mentioned is true that Liberation Army has to work in enemy's territory, keep in mind that Liberation Army was not under any attack whatsoever, not even once by the Scarlet Moon Empire officer. So Liberation Army has never been under any threat at all to lose. Even if they just sit pretty in their castle in the middle of the lake, they'd probably still be sitting drinking tea for the next 20 years (okay, maybe a bit exaggeration, but you get the idea).

And in term of power when it comes to "harder task", Liberation Army pretty much got it easier again since they kept on getting "enemies turn to allies" in form of the Four Great Generals (plus Alen and Grenseal, two of the right hand men of Teo McDohl, another Great General). And without the Great Generals, Scarlet Moon Empire pretty much didn't have anyone.

I agree if Liberation Army is considered to be better than the Alliance Army, but I wouldn't say that they got things tougher than the Alliance Army.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: