Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Exertion rune surpassing 2x damage?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Exertion rune surpassing 2x damage?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay this is weird...

EXERTION RUNE TESTS

Valeria setup ( with exertion not friendship patk is 351 )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Geshumaru/picture016.jpg

All tests conducted on Eyeflowers around Greenhill - and yes many were harmed in the making!

----------------------------------
Test 1 - Normal Hits, No weapon rune

Round 1 - 475
Round 2 - 477
Round 3 - 481

So it seems her base damage without a weapon rune is 475-ish.

Test 2 - Normal Hits, Exertion rune

Round 1 - 564
Round 2 - 657
Round 3 - 739

So you can see the damage increase immediately from the first round ( 475 x 1.2 = 570 )

To test the limits of this I tried vs six enemies

Round 1 - 566
Round 2 - 651
Round 3 - 740
Round 4 - 828
Round 5 - 921
Round 6 - 1010

NOW HANG ON A SECOND... That is an extra increase! If the first round is 1.2x, then it keeps going up 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 the 1010 is 2.2?
475 x 2.0 = 950
475 x 2.2 = 1045... so is exertion then even more powerful than it says?

So my next thought is "perhaps it increases the base damage then calls that 1.0 before increasing". However 566 x 2.0 = 1132 and its clearly not that high... so I figured maybe it was a glitch...

Test 3 - Falcon Rune, Exertion rune : Six enemies

So I thought - okay the falcon rune is what we want to use exertion for, so lets try it with that and see if we can confirm that increase again. Here's the results:

Round 1 - 1134
Round 2 - 1304
Round 3 - 1490
Round 4 - 1660
Round 5 - 1826
Round 6 - 5050 ( critical rune hit )

Even though the last hit was critical, I've proved before that the falcon critical attack is 5x damage, and 1010 x 5 = 5050. So it seems that yet again the damage doesn't stop at 2.0x!!

CONCLUSION

So while I basically proved my point ( round 1 is 1.2x normal damage ) I also found that Exertion possibly goes -beyond- 2.0x damage!

How to confirm? I guess the best way would be taking a weak character and equipping the rune ( Hix perhaps if you havent' used him ). Since he wont kill these flowers in one hit you can go more than six rounds to see if it caps. I'm pretty sure from gameplay experience that it does cap, I remember Valeria's damage levelling off in boss fights earlier in the game. Its just weird that it seemingly goes to 2.2x damage!!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting, indeed. I wonder where it would stop? It'd be easiest to tell on one of your lowest-level characters. Or to just try it on a boss, although the Beast Rune's status-changing effects would make it harder to see results every round.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: