Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Cosplay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Cosplay Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone here cosplay?

If so, post who you've cosplayed as. If you haven't or don't cosplay, post the most impressive cosplay you've ever seen. I've both cosplayed and seen others cosplay. I don't have anything to show for it at the moment since I'm just getting back into the game, but I have seen some impressive pics of cosplayers.

Here are the most impressive cosplays I've seen yet. Ironically, they are of Yuber, Sasarai, and Luc. I did not take these pictures. I found them.

http://www5c.biglobe.ne.jp/~cocolu/k-top.html

I was really happy to find these since I've rarely seen a really good Yuber, Sasarai, or Luc cosplay.

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have 22 costumes to date. You can see them all @ http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/complete.asp?memberid=576 I expect that number to be at least 30 by the end of the year. =D I have pictures of my more recent costumes @ http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3319

I started cosplaying back on 2002. ^_^; Only recently I had enough skill ot make Suikoden costumes. =) So far I've cosplayed as Tir McDohl and Tomo and I have serveral others on my planned list. ^_^ I will be making Rina for a convention in March with a friend joining me as Eilie. =D I can't wait!

There are WAY too many amazing costumes I've seen over the years. ^___^; I couldn't possibly post about them all or choose just one to pose.

But I'm interested to see the costumes fo toher members! ^___^
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool Yugi-Oh costumes. Love the Millenium ring.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only Cosplayed once....and the costume wasn't as good as I wished it was. I'd only cosplay again if the costum I'd wear was given alot of time and effort into it.
Last convention that I went to was Animagic a week or so ago.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cosplay is for those who don't have the courage to reach out and take their dreams. Never do it, and I don't really respect it. I'd rather be in the dojo anyday.

Edit: I didn't want to waste space with another post, so I'm just adding this...

When I was first getting into Angel Sanctuary, I typed it into google and this is what I found. I went back and found it just for you folks. Though I really don't respect this young lady for her cosplay (something about dressing up as a fantasy character to live out a dream is just sad to me...), I do respect her creativity, as well as the creativity of those who make these outfits. Good luck with it folks...
Digital Angel - Rosiel
Cowardice cannot survive.

Last edited by Zeik Tuvai on Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the first one out of Luc and Yuber and that, i liked the Yuber one best... doesn't look like a photo, well not as much as the other two... photoshop? lol

Mekou... Nice!!! i like the mugen picture especially, and the Tir mcdohl and some others...

I don't cosplay, but if i did, Brandon Heat would be my choice, and then anyone else with that sort of hairstyle. Luca Blight wouldn't be a problem if i had the armoud made well

*lay off the almost CONSTANT usage of smilies...it negates the purpose*
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really interested in cosplaying, and hopefully in a future not too distant, you maybe could see an Acguy*Mobile Suit Gundam 0079* running around on an anime convention. I'm trying to build up enough for a kamen rider costume, though.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never have and I never will. Im just not into it.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cosplay on the side, more so I'm in college for a degree in fashion/costume design. Cosplay is always such a touchy subject, because people can be really harsh about it. Mostly because there are a lot of people who cosplay really horribly.. there are some which are just amazing however :)

I do have to disagree with Mitchell though. The sentence "Cosplay is for those who don't have the courage to reach out and take their dreams." is just a horrible assumption. While in some instances that may be true, it's not something to throw every cosplayer into. Lots of people make a living out of costume design. I'm personally going into costume design as a profession (that's unique costumes, not cosplay.) Having an appreciation of a costume and cosplaying such doesn't make you afraid to reach out and take your dreams. You can be in a dojo practicing martial arts and other physical components of such, putting your work into it. That isn't worth anymore than someone who drafts a costume to replicate a design of a character. Both are forms of appreciation really.
Not being into something, isn't an issue, some are and some aren't, freedom of choice. Generalizing something as final as not having the courage to go after their dreams because of liking to cosplay, is really closed minded ignorance.

Anyhow, Mekou, nice costumes! I sent you a message the other day on msn about your Jilia Blight dress!
Anyone attending Anime North 06, I'll be going as Lo Wen from suikoden 2 on at least one of the days :)

-My DeviantArt-
Auilix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yay! i used to love cosplay. not so much anymore - i really don't have the time for it :<
i love to cosplay feminine guys and the occasional girl. i've never done a suikoden cosplay although i would love to do riou! so far i've cosplay vincent valentine of ffvii, daishi of the japanese rock group psycho le cemu, pyoko from digi charat, tetsu from l'arc~en~ciel, rinoa from ffviii, akito from fruits basket, and etona from disgaea.

oh and has anyone been to katsucon? specifically a katsucon that was maybe two/three years ago? i went there and i saw a very VERY good yuber (suik 3) cosplay. she had the extending swords that came right from her sleeves, was tall and lanky just like yuber, and had the perfect hair and clothes. on top of it all, she had one blue eye and one red... she told me that sometime on that day there would be a suikoden cosplay group get together but i never saw it... i wonderful if all the others were as talented as she was? just curious to know if anyone knows her.
Mitani

Yumi Regataar

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, I've cosplayed as quite a few characters. Though, not enough pictures to show it.
I'm really into cross-play because I think my body is better suited for that.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=26833&cat=500
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: