Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What are Grides?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: What are Grides? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm playing through Suikoden III for about the fifth time, and I'm in Chris's Chapter One. I just passed the part where Salome explains to Borus what a "gride" is. Now, he says that the gride is a weapon used by the Lizard Clan. My question is, are grides the weapon used ingame by the Lizards, or are they a Lizard Clan weapon that we never see used? It's not really important, but I'm just curious.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's the spear used by the Lizards.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: What are Grides? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus the Noble wrote:
I'm playing through Suikoden III for about the fifth time, and I'm in Chris's Chapter One. I just passed the part where Salome explains to Borus what a "gride" is. Now, he says that the gride is a weapon used by the Lizard Clan. My question is, are grides the weapon used ingame by the Lizards, or are they a Lizard Clan weapon that we never see used? It's not really important, but I'm just curious.

"Grides" is a mistranslation. They are really called Glides.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, when you look at the weapon names from the menu they are glides. But in the dialogue they are grides. Funny how that works out eh?

The "correct" term would probably be glide, since a spear can glide through the air when attacking an enemy.

I'm not even sure if gride is a real word.

^Actual quote!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
I'm not even sure if gride is a real word.

It isn't. 8-)
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just like the weapons ducks use are called duck halberd, the weapons lizard use are called glides...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: