Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Soul Calibur 2 (Different from the other SC topic)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well at first, when I didn't know how to play I used Voldo and kicked all of my friend's butts. Then I started learning and used Yunsung. After that I bougth the game and started using Mitsurugi(he's the one i currently use the most). One weird thing I found out is that since I learned to play the game for real and noy just randomly pressing buttuns I haven't been able to use Voldo anymore. my theory is that the only way you can really use him is if you don't know anything about the game.

The character I hate the most to fight is Raphael. For some reason his fighting style completely puts me off. I tried using him but I just didn't feel comfortable.

My strategy with Mitsurugi is to try ton use the least common attacks to try to put off my opponents(Only works on my friends though). His final weapon is the best!!! It ups his attack and defense to the point that he can defeat opponents in three attacks. However the whole you can't block thing can sometimes be your downfall.
Orochi

Clan Nutsy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let see, I mostly play Xianghua and Cervantes, because YARR I BE the zombie pirate that plunder yee souls!

the person, I HATE fighting the most is probably Maxi.. just Maxi.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this is an old OLD topic but a thought occured to me the other day and I wondered what you guys thought. Who would you have put in the games for PS2 and XBOX instead of Heihachi and Spawn. I personally didn't like Heihachi at all. I thought he was just out of place in the game. Spawn could have at least been a midevil version of himself, that's not too ridiculous to ask but from what I've played and heard about him is that he is a powerhouse and somewhat cheap.

For XBOX I would have diffenently used the Prince from Prine of Persia. His throws would have been awesome with the whole time mastery thing. He also has two swords and style very different from the resident twin sword user Cervantes, though the leveling up would be similar with the dagger being consistent.

For Playstation 2 I would have gone with God of War's Cronos, but he wasn't released yet. That would have been very fun playing with a mixture of Ivy and someone like Cervantes(for the non-distance attakcs). Being a spartan, using Greco-Roman based wrestling throws would have been easy to do and would be fitting. But since it couldn't be him, I'd have to go with Tidus. Even he would have been better than Heihachi, however unlikely it would be that he would be in the game. Many will obviously say Dante, which I'm not against I just don't play Devil May Cry. Who knows though, pretty much anyone would be better than Heihachi.

I thought Link was a perfect choice and not too unbelievable to fit into the story. Feel free to disagree, but I thought he was just good. The best choice Nintendo had to offer.

Thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heihachi was at a disadvantage from the start because of lack of weapon range. If you knew the right moves and timing, even his speed couldn't keep him from being smacked around. Still, it was unique, to a degree of not being similar to someone else in that game (maybe he was to others in previous games, I never played them).

I definatly would choose someone other than spawn simply because I didn't find him that.. Y'know.. Interesting.

Link, he's fine as being the GC character, I doubt Mario would've fit in, would you?

Anyway, to revert back to the first set of questions;

I like/play as Killik, Maxi, Nightmare and sometimes Heihachi or Cervantes. I just feel comfortable as them.

I hate Ivy, too domanatrix for me, bleh.

For stratagies, I 'go with the flow', so to speak. However I still tend to conform to a particular style depending on the opponent.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lesse..... Maxi, Kilik, and Yunsung. Too bad Siegfried's not in Soul Calibur 2.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like using Taki, Talim and Cervantes. (notice a pattern?)

I just plain hate Voldo, like somebody else said, I either obliterate him or he obliterates me.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I just plain hate Voldo, like somebody else said, I either obliterate him or he obliterates me.

I don't even see a plain point to add Voldo into the game. Very diguisting. And he's 50. Aint't that abnormal or what? NEVER take him as your house party guest, folks.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Too bad Siegfried's not in Soul Calibur 2.

*Ahem* *spoilers*

Tried the 3rd costume of Nightmare, perhaps?

*/spoilers*
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know, but his fighting style and stats are different to Nightmare's.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luckily they brought him back in SC3. Anywho, I always played as Yunsung and Nightmare. They were my go-to characters, though I always used the 3rd costume of Nightmare as soon as I got it, and the 2nd costume of Yunsung. I always hate fighting Ivy and Xianghua. They are just so annoying and unpredictable. Hard to determine where to guard.

Voldo's in the game to appeal to those who are looking for a character that's intimidating. He is a very strong character with the potential for good, quick poke combo's and unpredictable long stringing stance changes. He has, what 4 dynamic stances?(Blind man, Crab Walking, Regular standing, Laying Down). Because of this veratility and his intimidating design he's the character that you pick to start messing with a rookie's head. Astaroth is similar with the mind games because of the GIANT AXE but Voldo more so. His design is also symbolic of his storyline in which he is a servent in every way. To the point where he's holed up in a Money Pit to guard it for a dead death merchent and lost the use of his voice and sight. He is always depicted with some kind of covering over his eye's and mouth, be it bandages or a mask, which is trying to bring out the sevitude aspect. Also, he looks like Hellspawn(Is that the one with Needle Head?) which is a horro thing. His look is all about mind games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Voldo intimidating? He's not intimidating, he just grosses about everyone into wanting to barf.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Voldo intimidating? He's not intimidating, he just grosses about everyone into wanting to barf.

That's intimidating. It puts you in a different mindset when fighting him. You want to take him out real fast so you don't see his obvious detering attributes or you have a sloppy match or somethign like that. It's what his intimidation does. Like a rancid stench, he makes you want to leave him as soon as possible.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, smelly people are definitely intimidating, especially when they are covered with vomit...

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played in a while but I was proficient with Talim as well as Link.

As far as people I disliked, it was mostly only Ivy and on some rare occassion Casandra. Other than that I usually did fairly well.

Strategies...Well, while I was link and fighting the computer, it was usually just to wait at the edge and toss them off. That was only when I wasn't bored though. With Talim it was usually beat them down. I never really needed strategies against the computer.
StryderthePrince

Mithril Knights

37 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Astaroth, why, you may ask, would I use such a big slow character? Well, its because I overcome the lack the speed with the strength and timing. I anticipate and negotiate, I'll take a hit to give an even bigger one. My least favorite person to fight is Voldo, I absolutely positively hate Voldo and his completel and utter randomness. Hard to predict and hard to bounce back at once you take a hit or two. As I said before my strategy is patience and timing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: