Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jacky-boy in serious trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Jacky-boy in serious trouble Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ding-freaking dong! Jack Thompson is starting to get into some pretty deep s**t for all the crazy stunts he's been pulling, and I couldn't be happier.

Clicky linky :3

Since Mr. Thompson is infamous in his legal scare tactics, half-truths, and blatant ad hominem fallacies (meaning that he attacks the speaker directly and not the issue [ps: that's bad.]), and is very strongly anti-videogame, I felt that this would be an appropriate place to talk about this crazy old man. Feel free to give your opinions on the man and on what's happening. Enjoy. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First thought: Wow, how awesome is Gabe? No, seriously, how awesome is Gabe? Donating so much money to charity. Seriously, that's just so awesome. I love Penny Arcade - well, I've loved PA for a while, but now I really love Penny Arcade. Perhaps I'll buy a T-shirt. :p

Second thoght: Jack Thompson is insane. If he were born in an earlier century, he'd totally be a sob sister reporter. And he's always looking for sex in more innoculuous enviroments - boys got to have freudian issues. What I don't get is when he goes totally off base and claims games feature things they don't - ie, his rant on the Sims 2 that said the sims under their clothes had nipples, pubes, etc. (They don't. Smooth barbie doll action, behbey.) I think he might be a little mentally sick - or at least not very charismatic when ti comes to PR, and really, for a lawyer, it's the same thing.

He also talked with the people behind VG Cats, too. What's insane is that the other party is so much more professional than a lawyer - who, if anyone, should know the damage words on the intarnets can do for a person.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good on Penny Arcade's "Gabe" for standing up to this pardon my phrasing but he really is a complete idiot by all standards. Anyone who would really blame the video games they play for the actions people take really needs some psychiatric help I assure you. This guy really should be disbarred, and his fifteen minutes of fame, cut down to something similar to right about 15 seconds considering that he cant use it. I am truly glad that someone decided to stand up against this fool, rather than just ignoring his boring rants on complete bull. So good on "Gabe" for doing so, keep up the good work Penny Arcade.

However, as much as Penny Arcade is entertaining, I am still more of a fan, of Cntrl Alt Delete personally, but thats just me anyway. But they are both great comics either way you look at it, just I prefer one to the other. Not to mention I am a member of Cntrl Alt Delete's World of Warcraft guild The Rapscallions. I think Penny Arcade has one as well, but I am not sure of the name at this point, probably not one of the guilds we are fighting though.

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read a lot of webcomics: PA, VG Cats (Used to play Gunbound with Scotty :3), Megatokyo (I've talked to Fred a couple of times. He lives about an hour away from my house), 8-bit theatre, CAD, Chugworth, WISH, and bunches of others that I'm too lazy to write down.

And while I agree with you wholeheartedly Sophita, the problem is that other people don't pay attention. They listen to the 6 o'clock news and decide that whatever they're saying is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them. People hear what Mr. Lawyerman says and they do not feel compelled in any way to see if what he says is true, and frankly, he needs to be silenced and his credibility flushed down the sewers where it belongs.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is true that the main problem thats the cause of this idiot getting so much attention, is because people just blindly watch the news. Some people would have so many far different opinions on various matters if they merely dug a little deeper. However considering that most people dont have the willingness, or attention spans to do so, I dont think thats ever going to change.

Anyways, while I am going a bit off topic, this thread has convinced me to go, and take a look at the Megatokyo webcomic. I happen to like it among my other two preffered comics, so now i have three regular comics to sit back, and enjoy now. I havent read the others yet though.

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed.

(And also, Fred's art is really good, and you can really tell the differences he's been making after a while. Well, you can do that with nearly any webcomic that's been up for over 2 years. Even though 8-bit theatre uses sprites, the backgrounds are still drawn by Brian (the creator). The first year looked like they were done in MS Paint, but the latter ones look very well done.)

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Source: PVP Online
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahahaa, that's great, Iscalio. XD Thanks for posting it... oh man, hahaha.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Raze, being that I have contact through World of Warcraft with Tim from CAD, though not usually since he is always busy doing his own questing, and such. You have contact with said individual at times, if you speak with him again, send him my compliments on the great webcomic that he has going. I am in the process of working my way through his entire archive when I have the time to do so, and I must say it's very good. Anyways I suppose I could e-mail these statements, but it's always better to get it from someone in person.

Could I just say one thing Iscalio? That has got to be the greatest thing I have ever read when it comes to this complete moron, so I would like to thank you for posting it. I havent had the oppertunity to pass by there in the last couple of days, so seeing that right at the moment could not be done. Anyways, I am glad that one side of the issue is at least, while taking it seriously, is also having a bit of humor about this. I hope they keep it up, and really go after this guy for doing what he is doing so unjustly.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm delighted to see that the moronic sporking idiot got what he deserved.

Quote:
Could I just say one thing Iscalio? That has got to be the greatest thing I have ever read when it comes to this complete moron, so I would like to thank you for posting it. I havent had the oppertunity to pass by there in the last couple of days, so seeing that right at the moment could not be done. Anyways, I am glad that one side of the issue is at least, while taking it seriously, is also having a bit of humor about this. I hope they keep it up, and really go after this guy for doing what he is doing so unjustly.

Same with me here. Thank you very much for the piece, iscalio.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too bad they didn't proofread that letter. It has at least two typos.

^Actual quote!
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No problem Filipe. I'll make sure to tell him that the next time I see him. I'm sure he'll appreciate it. :3

And I'm pretty sure that Jack is so far gone, he's probably been contemplating actually making that letter, threatening to sue if they don't help him. Good stuff.

Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Nothing like a stupid letter to prove someone's an idiot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: