Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where are you from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
che^guevar

sniper guild

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was born in former Yugoslavia I'm bosnian
When the war ended my familie moved to Germany from Germany we went to amsterdam to a neighbourhood called the bijlmer some what compatible to comtpon :? the dutch people on this forum know what im talking about
Thank god i moved to 's-hertogenbosch that is in the south of the netherlands and is the best city in the world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Born and raised for about a month in Laredo, TX. Then I was moved to Michigan. I was living in Ortonville for a good while, then my family moved to Davison, which is practically a suburb of Flint. (It borders the good side of Flint, with the colleges and planetariums and all that.) For those who don't know where Flint is, it's about an hour North-ish of Detroit.

I find it pretty amusing how people from Flint are scared of people from Detroit, and people from Detroit ('least, everyone there I talked to) are scared of people from Flint. XD

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco in Mexico. I lived there for just about five years, then my family came to the US. We settled down in California and I started kindergarten right away not knowing a word of English. I guess languages must be my strong point in school because I learned it right away. I was actually in a bilingual class for only the first grade but I learned English so quickly, that by the second grade they moved my to a regular class.

The sad part is, I haven't been back to Mexico for over 12 years. My entire family is there and we haven't seen them since we left all those years ago. I hate it that I don't know much about my own culture because of that. I can speak Spanish well enough, but since I don't practice writing or reading it, I'm not very fluent. I know, I know...whose fault is that? No one else but my own... :evil: Maybe I'll take Spanish in college... :? I haven't left California since we left Mexico...I always thought that was weird...everyone I know has at least been to Vagas or something...

Quote:

I find it pretty amusing how people from Flint are scared of people from Detroit, and people from Detroit

Really? That IS weird... at least it's not a racial thing. At my school last year, a series of racial fights went down between, as the administrators called it "the latinos and the blacks". It was really, really stupid. Sheesh...can't we all just get along? Damn ignorant gangs... :x

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
I can speak Spanish well enough, but since I don't practice writing or reading it, I'm not very fluent. I know, I know...whose fault is that? No one else but my own... Maybe I'll take Spanish in college...

Ah, at least there's one similar to me. I am a Pakistani, but i no speak urdu (offocial language of Pakistan) well. Mostly because i've been out of the country most of my life. And people really expects me to know it. It's not that i don't know any, but only some. And over a billion people can speak it (Urdu is 80-90% similar to Hindi, spoken in India, so anyone who can speak Hindi can diefinitely speak Urdu). Along with that, i can speak some Bahasa, which is bad, as i have lived most of my life in Indonesia. :oops:

You and i are a dying breed, Darko. Well, we're not actually, but there's not many people who can't speak their mother tongue and know english only. :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher:

Quote:

You and i are a dying breed, Darko. Well, we're not actually, but there's not many people who can't speak their mother tongue and know english only

lol. You're right. We're probably going to get jumped for having become "Americanized" when we return to our country of origin. I took French for 3 years in high school but there's a lot of stuff we didn't cover. My mom yelled and me and told me I should have improved my Spanish and taken it instead of French but I wanted to be introduced to a whole new language. Foreign cultures interest me a lot I guess.

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, so true. I did take a year learning Spanish, but the only thing i can say is "Yo Soy..." and "Tu Es..". And then i moved and i took a year in French. But now i can only ask "Parle vous anglais?" Looks like i'm really bad with languages. But yes, foreign cultures intrest me a lot too.

And you're right about being "Americanized". I haven't lived in America, though. I did, though, go to International and American schools in Singapore and Jakarta. And i picked up my American accent from there. So people always assume that i have grown up in America, or Canada. :roll:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko17 wrote:
Quote:
I find it pretty amusing how people from Flint are scared of people from Detroit, and people from Detroit are scared of people from Flint.

Really? That IS weird... at least it's not a racial thing. At my school last year, a series of racial fights went down between, as the administrators called it "the latinos and the blacks". It was really, really stupid. Sheesh...can't we all just get along? Damn ignorant gangs... :x

Heh, yeah. It's because people from each city see the other as 'dangerous'. For example, Detroit used to (I don't know if they still do, but I know that they did) lead the country in rape and murder.

Meanwhile, in Flint, they have a rather large crime rate too, but it's mostly robbery, B&E, carjacking, and illegal drug use/sales. Hell, they didn't even have a mayor for a while! XD;

So when I go around Detroit (Mostly to Ann Arbor, really.), my friends in Flint say that I'm hardcore because it used to lead in rape and murder. Vice-versa, when I talk to my Detroit friends, they always tell me that I'm harcore because I live near a bunch of thieving crackheads, much less go to school with them. XD;;

Frankly, I'm scared of driving in both cities. Big city driving is complicated, and Flint and Detroit are by far, the worst places I've ever driven in. If I don't know where I'm going exactly, I'm hopelessly lost, and stuck in a town that scares the bajeezus outta me, no less. Not good at all. ;.;

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as myself goes...

I live in Europe - Portugal - Minho (Province) - Braga (District) - Vila Nova de Famalicão (City) - Oliveira S. Mateus (Town)

It's quite peaceful when you live in a little town where nobody walks out at night, due to not have anything to do around...

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL...I'm so stupid...when I saw:

Quote:

I live in Europe - Portugal - Minho (Province) - Braga (District) - Vila Nova de Famalicão (City) - Oliveira S. Mateus (Town)

I went: "Psshh...how can you live in all those places at once?! :roll: "...see what happens when you don't pay attention in Geography class!

Raze wrote:

Quote:

For example, Detroit used to (I don't know if they still do, but I know that they did) lead the country in rape and murder

NOTE TO SELF: Never, ever, under any circumstances go to Detroit... seriously...with my boyish face...the pedophiles would be all up on me... :(

No, I'm messing. I'm sure that's true about every big city...I don't even want to try to research how Los Angeles is. I know I don't live in LA but it's the closest BIG city around here...probably gang-related crap... :x

Antiheroking

Ringerike

795 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello! I was born in Oslo (Norway), but later on I`ve moved to Honefoss.
I think it is about 40 min outside Oslo, when driving a car.
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently residing in Seattle, Washington. I was born in Wahiawa, Hawaii and raised in Mililani, Hawaii.

Climate is a TAD bit different. :P
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Denver, CO The mile-high city!

but we are NOTHING like those granola people from Boulder...bucha hippies says I. hehehe I'm just teasing

anyways the mountains are nice, I take em for granted but I guess thats expected.

The climate is really schizophrentic here. Ive seen hail, lightning, and sunshine all in the same day! scary really.

oh! and go Broncos!!
(not really)
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Makati City, Philippines. its chilly right now and sometimes rainy coz its nearing december and also we are a tropical country. :wink:

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am from Manchester, England and I have lived there all my life. And for those of you who may have heard Dare by Gorrillaz with Shaun Ryder, we don't all have that awful twanging accent, I consider myself to have a nice voice, but people like Shaun Ryder and the members of Oasis give Mancunians a bad name.
StryderthePrince

Mithril Knights

37 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Born and raised in Boston, MA. I currently reside in Elon, NC while attending college.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 14 of 25

Jump to: