Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Greatest Videogame Moments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prinnies rule by default. Demonic-pirate penguins that shout 'Dood!' when they attack are always t3h win.

And Delita is a dirty backstabber.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raze wrote:
Holy crap, someone else who beat Hitoshura! (that makes 2 in my book...a friend and you) Now that's something to brag about! I bow to your skillz that art mad. (btw, how exactly did you do it?)

I used Serph, Argilla, and Cielo. Everyone had everything maxed except for Luck, which was only in the mid thirties (So as to make sure that Sleep connected). They all had Teradyne, Salvation, Null Crit, Death Resist and Null Sleep. Cielo had Recarmdora, since odds were good her would be the only one surviving Gaia's Rage. Argilla had Dekunda and Earth Boost and Amp. Serph had Ragnarok. And they all had whatever else I could think of that they needed

As for actual battle strategy, I had them all cast Teradyne until right before the minions would use Recarmdora, when I started using Ragnarok to take them out.

It still took about half an hour or so.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the time when dante in devil may cry 3 runs down the tower kicking ass because that was cool and when he fights his brother virgil all those times that was just amazing!

Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Off the top of my head, one of my best gaming moments was when I beat FF2(SNES) for the first time when I was a kid. I remember I kept loosing to Zeromus because I was ridiculously under leveled, and I didn't even know how to get everyone's best equipment let alone how to dupe Excalibur's for Edge to throw. But I'll never forget the first time I beat him. It was truly a great moment.

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the whole of chrono cross, suikoden, suikoden 2 and legend of mana are my greatest gaming moments... :twisted:

Clan Nutsy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

killing Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts... I take great plesure in that.. I don't know why.. maybe because it's all the pent up anger from 4 years ago after he killed Aerith.. even though she's alive in KH... I still harbor those hatred for Seph RAWRRR!!!!!
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

when you beat any RPG without dying at all or only once through out the entire game.

when you get so powerful in kingdom hearts that you can take on ANYTHING without dying

when you beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon

when you can kill anyone in the game, and immediatly after a whole crapload of invincible guards chase after you
VAD

Dark Centurion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mine has to be when you have been trying to beat a very difficult boss and you just can't seem to win....someone tells you a simple way to beat it and you laugh or cry at the amount of time and energy that it took you to enev get it to half health.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A personal thing was when I was like 10 or 11 staying up all night to beat Mega Man 2 with my frineds Tom and Marc. We kept taking different characters to beat and hand it off after they beat the level. It was fun!

Also finally getting less than a 0.0 on that god damn Chocobo race in FFX 8-) It took me so freaking long to do that. :x

So those are personal satisfaction moments and not really great game moments cuz there'd be a ton of those.
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im surprised nobody mentioned the Opera Scene from FF6. That was quite possibly one of the pinnacles of 16bit gaming. I was awestruck at that time and I still smile fondly whenever I replay FF6.

Another favorite of mine is right before your set to be executed in Suikoden 2, then Viktor and Flik come to the rescue. The music during that scene is incredible.

As for recent games........

*SPOILER FOR RHAPSODIA YOU ARE WARNED*

When Steele uses the Rune of Punishment and it passes to Brandeau who is lamenting over the loss of his good friend Edgar. That single scene made me respect Suikoden 4 alot more and really helped flesh out the plot. It was also a very emotional moment that was portrayed well..... Poor Peck =)

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: