Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Rhapsodia] Is this a glitch? (Concerning Katarina and Keneth)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: [Rhapsodia] Is this a glitch? (Concerning Katarina and Kenet Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so hopefully I'm not addressing an already known issue. If I am, I apologize

Just recently I completed the quest at El Eal where Keneth and Katarina join you. Afterwards, I went to Mercet to give Keneth a Kangarcorn rune and Katarina an Earth rune. These are the runes they already had equipped when they joined:

Keneth
Rh: Viper
Lh: Thunder Sword

Katarina
Rh: Fire
Lh: Lightning

After removing Keneth's Thunder Sword I found that it wouldn't let me equip anything else on his left hand. The same thing happened when I tried to remove Katarina's Lightning rune. Confused, I checked the status menu, and sure enough, neither of them have a left hand slot anymore. After resetting the game I tried again, but the same thing happened. Is this a glitch? If it matters, they joined at level 17. I'm not sure what level characters gain their left hand slot, so I'm suspecting that's the problem. Did I recruit them too early or something? Has this happened to anyone else?

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. That kinda does sound like a glitch. I was personally wondering why Katarina had two rune slots when none of my other casting-type folks didn't who were around that level. I didn't think too much about it, since most of the other casters were a level or more behind her, but I did think it was a little odd.

If I remember, I can try to see what happens on my game when I get home. May be a problem with the save file, but I kinda doubt it.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt it's a glitch, it just sounds like they have the runes equipped but they don't actually have the left hand slot. You see it all the time with characters having runes in their foreheads even though they barely have enough magic to get a right hand slot.

You may want to try adding the rune straight to the left hand rather then removing the lightning rune first.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hawkthanatos wrote:
You may want to try adding the rune straight to the left hand rather then removing the lightning rune first.

That's what I originally tried to do, but it was grayed out, so I tried removing it instead.

I just heard over at gamefaqs that fighters get their second slot when they have 30 skill, and mages get theirs at 30 magic. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm pretty sure it's true since my Andarc just hit 30 MAG and now he has a left hand slot.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds about right, magicians get their first 4th level spell at either 36 or 37 MAG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: