Suikoden Unique and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
I have a feeling its a Suikoden 3 chara, Tuta was studying medican so its obvious we see him again grown up and well, now a doctor, we're going to need to backtrack a bit. its supprizing so, prehaps its 'what is least expected'.

Tuta wont even be BORN yet...
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tuta seems to be out of the question, as Calpyso stated.

The only Suikoden III characters who could really show up are the older ones, or of course ones who have had a True Rune for a long time.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KoRnholio wrote:
Tuta seems to be out of the question, as Calpyso stated.

The only Suikoden III characters who could really show up are the older ones, or of course ones who have had a True Rune for a long time.

yeah...Geddoe, Wyatt, and the Flame Champion are the only ones I can think of that would be around...but not in Falena...

Martha and Piccolo too....

Piccolo is the only one semi-likely...since h claims he trained with crowley or mazus...forgot which.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
but not in Falena...

Geddoe was wondering the lands as a mercenary during this time period. Give me one good reason why he couldn't have been in Falena.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is always a chance there will be a returning character that turns out to have a true rune... for example in Suikoden 1 we did not know that Luc had a true rune, and it was mentioned in Suiko 2 and usable in Suikoden 3.

It would be hard however, since all the elements are covered and one might notice a unique rune.

I guess just by the fact that they ignore terrain the Dragon Knights led by Joshua could appear in Suikoden 5.

Perhaps re-reading all the games' old books might drop some hints at who will be around.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
Geddoe was wondering the lands as a mercenary during this time period. Give me one good reason why he couldn't have been in Falena.

Because, as a mercenary, he was employed by Harmonia. From the sound of things in III, he likely did not work as one anywhere else.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chances are that it might be some really random returning character that appears in the game. It could also be one of those that we've been expecting to appear such as Lazlo.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On Killey and Lorelai - I was reading their summaries on SuikoSource, and this will most likely explain when we meet Killey and that he may/will have significance to the story:

Killey (Tenbi Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Treasure Hunter
Events: Dunan Unification War
Killey hails from a tribe that lives in northern Falena. His crimzon clothing symbolizes the legendary red bird in his tribe. He has been tracing the Sindar for a very long time, and has crossed paths with Lorelai a few times. In fact, he was trapped by her once by being given false information. This forced him to live within the dungeons of Falena for three years; however, he escaped in the end. It is also said that he took part in the assassination of the Queen of Falena with Georg. Killey joined the Allied Forces to interrogate Alex on his findings in the Sindar Ruins near Muse. Alex told him what his treasure is, and Killey understood what Alex meant. However, he still continues to search for the elusive Sindar.

Lorelai (Chikatsu Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Treasure Hunter
Events: Gate Rune Wars, Dunan Unifciation War
Lorelai is a treasure hunder in search of the Sindar Treasures. She is an experienced adventurer, and has defeated many of her rivals who were also after the Sindar Treasures. For example, she was able to defeat Killey at Falena, which ended up in Killey spending three years in prision in Falena. She participated in both the Gate Rune Wars and the Unification War, but she only joins people who are strong enough. She is skilled at using many weapons, and currently uses the halberd she received from Kirke.

Going by what is said here, it seems that before the queen is killed ( since it is mentioned that he was there ) - Killey needs to be busted out of the jail he's been in for 3 years. Likely the hero will need him for accessing some dungeon/ruin and you bust him out of jail.

What do you think? And will Lorelai have her bow or yet another weapon since she is "skilled with many weapons"?

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that she might actually use that whip that she has had with her in previous games.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Because, as a mercenary, he was employed by Harmonia. From the sound of things in III, he likely did not work as one anywhere else.

So he wondered the lands while working for Harmonia? Where did you get that info from? He wondered the lands during the time period between the first Flame Champ war and when he joined the southern frontier defence force...which was like between II and III. That's all we know. You need to check your suikosource info:

Quote:
After Harmonia destroyed his homeland, Geddoe gained control of the True Lightning Rune, and ran away. He fought alongside the Flame Champion in the Fire Bringer War, and helped protect the Grasslands. After the war, he wandered the lands until about forty years later when he finally joined the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force. He becomes the leader of the Twelfth Unit, and participates in the Second Fire Bringer War with his team. It is during this time that he decides to stop worrying about dying and to truly live. He helps defeat Luc, and continues working with the HSFDF.

As far I know, that's all we know about the time between the first Flame champ war and him joining the HSFDF 40 years later which would be sometime between II and III (check the timeline). And V is at least before II.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We really don't know when Killey spent those 3 years in jail. It could have been before or after he helped to assassinate the Queen. So, we really can't speculate on that right now.

As for the returning "unexpected" characters. I would find it odd and quite faulty for the creators to throw Luc in the game. Main reason for this is that there was no seen between Luc and Georg Prime in Suikoden 2 between them which would be rather odd seeing as Georg Prime would most certainly recognize him and his apparent agelessness. Also, I've been wondering how they are going to explain Viki and Jeane in that aspect. Huge plotholes are about to opened up. First, they are going to have to reveal why Georg Prime, Lorelai and Killey don't seem to remember Jeane or Viki at all..or maybe they will just leave it out. I'm seriously finding some major inconsistency issues abrewing.

Geddoe could be an unexpected, actually. Someone brought up the fact that Geddoe travels for 40 years after the First Fire Bringer War. That war ended in IS 425 and note that the Toran Liberation Army started in IS 453 and the Gate Rune War ended in IS 457. The Succession War concluded in IS 446. So, if the events in Falena occur when I believe they occur then even if the events take place a few years after the Succession War, say around IS 450, then Geddoe would have plenty of time to participate in the events there and at least 15 years to go back to the Grasslands and become a member of the special mercenary group from Harmonia.

But, I can't really come up with any one else who could be unexpecteds. Viktor and Flik don't really make sense due to Flik being quite young when he joined the rebellion plus the fact that he is form the Warrior's Village so he would need some time to have actually trained there. It seems like Viktor was too busy in love at this time or busy pursuing Neclord. That brings me to Windy, Neclord and Yuber. I don't think Neclord would appear either.

Neclord was collecting brides at this time. It would be odd to see a vampire in the land of the sun. Windy is pursuing the Soul Eater at this time, but if she destroyed Bob's Lycanthrope Village and he was young at that time then she would not be anywhere near Falena at that time. Yuber is the wild card. I can find no reason for Yuber to be in Falena..as simple as that. But, then again, you never have to have a reason to put Yuber in a game, right? But, nevertheless, I think this might be a game where we won't see Yuber and Pesmerga may fly solo..doubtful but at least it would be unexpected.

Lazlo would be the only real feasible unexpected to me. He really has no ties to anything or anyone and all the people he loved or cared about would have long passed away since then. I think he would be a could character to throw in and will most likely appear in a manner much like Tir appeared in Suikoden 2. That would allow us to load Suikoden 4 and Rhapsodia data. Kills two birds in one stone.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
So he wondered the lands while working for Harmonia? Where did you get that info from?

I didn't say that. Try again.

Quote:
You need to check your suikosource info:

I know you didn't say that to me, because I couldn't handle something that ridiculous and dependent.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could be Konami was thinking about that at the time, Georg,Killey and Lorelei knowing Jeane and Viki?

we should find out whether or not Killey was Georg's accomplince.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urn wrote:
As for the returning "unexpected" characters. I would find it odd and quite faulty for the creators to throw Luc in the game. Main reason for this is that there was no seen between Luc and Georg Prime in Suikoden 2 between them which would be rather odd seeing as Georg Prime would most certainly recognize him and his apparent agelessness. Also, I've been wondering how they are going to explain Viki and Jeane in that aspect. Huge plotholes are about to opened up. First, they are going to have to reveal why Georg Prime, Lorelai and Killey don't seem to remember Jeane or Viki at all..or maybe they will just leave it out. I'm seriously finding some major inconsistency issues abrewing.

Just because there isn't a scene between two characters doesn't mean they don't recognize each other. There were people who didn't react at all to former comrades as early as Suikoden 2. I mean, Viktor and Flik don't even react to, of all people, Humphrey... and vice versa. But anyone who's played Suikoden 1 clearly knows they're well-acquainted.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lorelai and Killey met Nash, Meg, Millie, Viki, Bonaparte, and Gadget before they appeared in Suikoden 2. It's covered in SuikoGaiden 2. Viki 'ports Nash and friends back in time and they meet Lorelai and Killey at a Sindar Ruin in Falena. Yet...Killey and Lorelai never say anything about it in Suikoden 2. Killey doesn't wig out and go "OMG, time travelling barrel of DOOM!" when he sees Gadget or anything.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: