Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
hawkthanatos wrote:
I just hope Killey still spins his swords before he attacks. Coolest regular attack ever.

Actually Killey uses twin rods! Everyone assumes they are blades though since the 2D sprite doesn't show enough detail...

Hopefully they remember this for Suikoden 5 and don't give him twin blades. That would be a goof on their part!

Yeah apparently that's the case but I'm not sure if they call them clubs just as a broad classification or not, in the animation they definitley have blades on them, that doesn't neccessarily make them swords though I guess. Plus they could give Killey a rusty fork and still just say that he swaps weapons in between V and II, it's not really gonna be a goof if they give him different weapons.

Whether Killey's weapons end up clubs or blades as long as he has two of them and spins 'em around I'll be happy.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh come on.. Lol I hope Kyril is one of the unexpected characters, perhaps even Viktor and Flik again.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Revealing the number of words contained in the game seems strange. Any information on how much did they previous games have, for comparison purposes?

Confirmation of 5 returning characters from I/II. Good. I'd be very glad if the "unexpected" one isn't yet another I/II character, but I doubt they even considered that possibility.

As for the mention of 6-character battle, someone needs to refresh my memory of how it was in Suikoden III. Or was III considered to be a PS1 game too? So much love here.

Next, OZ's writer. I knew it won't be Murayama, but this won't be the new guy's first time working with the Suikoden team either. He better does a better job than Skies of Arcadia, that's for sure.

Another excellent update, as always.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
As for the mention of 6-character battle, someone needs to refresh my memory of how it was in Suikoden III. Or was III considered to be a PS1 game too? So much love here.

there was 6 characters but they were broken into teams of 2, so really 3...

but i actually liked the battle system in where the characters would stay where they run to...

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its A Calyps0 wrote:
Elzamine wrote:
Do we have any for sure time set yet? Other than the broad range based of Gerog's age?

I'm hoping Luc returns frankly :P Just as a minor character again. Since the events in 3, I just want a chance to use him again, since he won't be in any 'current time' games and such. Not specific reason for him to be there, but really, there never was, Leknaat just sends him to war. So it's possible? All depending on time I guess.

too young...he's only 14 in suikoden 1.

But do we know how many years before 1 that the game is going to take place? I have no idea, if it's only a few years there's a possibility for him I suppose. I'm just being hopeful, but yeh :P

-My DeviantArt-
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man...I take one day off and look what happens. Cool news though. As far as the Skies of Arcadia thing goes...meh...never played it.

As far as the unexpected characters goes...well, I'll say for one thing that having more returning characters than the ones mentioned is good. I thought for sure that they were just going to have the ones mentioned. I'm glad I was wrong. But...I think you guys are putting too much emphasis on the unexpected part. Quite frankly, that could mean anything. It could be refering to a statement that was made earlier that some characters will be making appearences in ways you wouldn't expect (like maybe Geddoe being a mercenary on the other side or something). Or it could be unexpected to some people who aren't into the games as much as we are but to those of who are rapent fans, it could be quite expected. For all we know on of them could be Luc and they say it's unexpected cause he died in III. Or...it could be unexpected in terms of geographic location. Like say Sasarai showing up or something (that would be way from left feild for me cause of how far away Felena is from Harmonia).

You know who I hope for:

Geddoe on opposite side.
Elza, Nash or Clive
Mazus or Crowley
Sasarai :)
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great news, especially about Viki and Killy. I was starting to get a little worried since we haven't seen them in any screenshots yet.

The only thing I disliked about Skies of Arcadia were the random battles. I swear, that game has to have the highest random encounter rate in any RPG ever created. I thought being a "sky pirate" was a cool concept, but how the hell am I supposed to explore the game's ingenious world map when I keep encountering those stupid Lupils (who usually end up running away) every three seconds?

As for the "unexpected" character, I really wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be Lazlo.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope the unexpected characters they talk about are really unexpected... Characters that'll make us go ooooh when we know they're coming back...

And i like the news about more choices during the main scenerios. Also more text would mean deeper story, which is very good since S4 failed terribly in the sense of its story depth...
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be fun to see some descendants of Suikoden 4 characters.
From my point of view, the more they do to tie that era
into more modern ones, the better.

I would place my bets on...

Lazlo,
Yuber,
Pesmerga,
or
Luc.

Though, I suppose we don't absolutely know for sure
that Leknaat will even be int the game just yet.

Really, I would like to finally get a character who returns from III,
even though Geddoe is pretty unlikely, and Wyatt would probably be elsewhere,
maybe it's before the Old Flame Champion dies...?

But all that is ofcourse secondary to the game itself being good.

I enjoyed SoA, and felt that despite its sickening encounter rate,
the game and story itself were fun and memorable.

It isn't a top favorite of mine, but itll be cool to see how it influences V.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forgot to mention that I am actually starting to be convinced that this may actually be the Suikoden to finally top SII as the best Suikoden ever. Don't let us down Konami. :)

And by the way, I don't think decendents of SIV characters should count as returning characters...becuase, put simply, they are not.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They could throw in a few returning characters that are "unimportant" to the plot, or who were optional minor characters in one of the previous games. Suikoden 3 had Tuta, after all. And Lorelai herself was an "unimportant" character in Suikoden 1 that returned in Suikoden 2. Who knows, the next returning character could be Onil or Eikei or Fu Su Lu or another minor optional character that they decide to add a little more depth to.

^Actual quote!
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Wang aka Joker might return too.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unlikely. He'd probably be too young and Harmonia-centralised seeing as after Suikoden II he's already in Harmonia and quite young (compared to Suikoden III).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a feeling its a Suikoden 3 chara, Tuta was studying medican so its obvious we see him again grown up and well, now a doctor, we're going to need to backtrack a bit. its supprizing so, prehaps its 'what is least expected'.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gizel Godwin

Godwins 1st Brigade

38778 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's nice to know that Lorelai and Killey have been confirmed as appearing...I just wonder whose side they'll be on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: