Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies


  [ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raze

Shinigami


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Post Count: 418
Location: Warrior's Village - Lorimar Region
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey now, let's keep this civil, people. We don't want to be upsetting any of the mods here, now do we? If you want to continue your argument, then please use PMs to get your points across.

And with that, let's continue back on topic, shall we? :3
_________________

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel


Joined: 21 May 2004
Post Count: 4883
Location: Aya Sankha
468542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raze's right about one thing. Please keep heated arguments to a minimum. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so let's leave it at that.

Dragon Quest 8 came out with a Demo version of Final Fantasy 12. In that demo was a trailer of the game. It's probably been seen somewhere else already, but it's the first time I've ever seen it. I haven't been keeping up with the game purposely in order to limit spoilers. So far, to me the visuals are nice and detailed.

Raze's explanation of the battle system was right on the dot, so I'm not going to bother with repeating that information. You did forget one thing there bud. There were two scenarios for battle. One was Vaan's group on a beach which had the wait option (When you're choosing commands, time stands still) and the Active system with Ashe's group which doesn't stop time at all when you're choosing commands.

But to those who have played the demo, did you feel like it was a bit slow for a free roam system? When they said that there were no more turn based battles, I immediately thought of something like Star Ocean. At the very least, I expected something like Diablo or Warcraft where they would attack as soon as they got in range. As a matter of fact, I preferred the more challenging Active system because it kept the pace up. "Wait" annoys me because it slows Gameplay down.

Other than that, I like the visuals. (Which is a trademark of Final Fantasy) The battles aren't even that bad, but it's going to take some time to get used to. I'm still going to get the game just because it's Final Fantasy. The series rarely disappoints me anyway.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD


Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Post Count: 6831
Location: Dazin
506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm bringin this thread back up, since I got Final Fantasy XII a couple of days ago. And I wanted to know if anyone else has.

Right now, I'm supposed to be going down the Garamsythe Waterway and into the palace, but since Old Dalan told me to go get prepared, and prepared I did.

I accidentally reached Nalbina by wandering around the Estersand (East), had some gold, and decided to buy myself some new gear. Currently at Lvl. 8, with some decent armor, an Iron Sword, gold estimated at 10k (I do steal alot, you know) and a good number of Magick spells. The only thing remaining that I wish to do before continuing the storyline would be completing the Giza Plains part of the bestiary - I need about 5 more Slaven to kill and 8 more of those huge birds.

As for the battle system, I'm actually not that annoyed with it. It's not too good, but not too bad either. The monsters, though, were quite a little easy. So for, only the Flowering Cactaur (hunt), Werewolf and the Pekhmet (the stronger version of Cockatrice) have taken my life - all the others were too easy.

The storyline, as far as where I am is quite good. I didn't like Reks, though - why couldn't we use Basch instead for the tutorial, anyway?

There's only one little thing I don't like with the graphics - Vaan's body.

Oh, and one more comment: WHY, OF ALL THINGS POSSIBLE DO WE GET A TOMATO AS AN OPPONENT?? That was the most stupid thing I've seen so far in this game.
_________________

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers


Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Post Count: 3656
Location: Guardia Kingdom
167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be errr....aquiring this game soon....thanks to that leak in my err...roof. Yes that'll do. *wink wink nudge nudge*

For some strange reason I actually find myself looking forward to getting it despite the fact that the demo did nothing for me, I have no clue about the storyline and except for Fran and Balthier I couldn't care less about any of the characters. Anyway it's probably just because Final Fantasy still has a hold on me even though I'm completely pissed at Square Enix. I mean Final Fantasy XII is two games, XIII is gonna be three, it's getting a bit crazy in their drive for money.

I'm not all that crash hot on the whole mission thing they got going, that should be saved for tactics games not regular RPGs but as I've said about a hundred times I'm curious about the license board system. Oh and what's with the weird summons? Whatever happened to the good ol' summons?

Quote:
Oh, and one more comment: WHY, OF ALL THINGS POSSIBLE DO WE GET A TOMATO AS AN OPPONENT?? That was the most stupid thing I've seen so far in this game.

I like stupid, stupid is funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ryusei

Kotetsu


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Post Count: 2019

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wrote:
I like stupid, stupid is funny.

Stupid may be funny to some while it may be annoying to others. I myself find stupid to be annoying.

Anyway, I think I'll be getting this game. Just so that I can see wether there was an improvement on (what I think) Final Fantasy's deteriorating series. Even though I'm totally *beep* off by Square's previous Final Fantasies and their ridiculous spin-offs, I'll be willing to give it another chance. Who knows, maybe I'll get back to the FF series just like I did with the Suikoden series.

Oh, and by the way, arch_wooohh, is the English version of FF XII already released in the Philippines? The last time I checked, I could only find the Japanese version of the game. Did you buy the English version, or the Japanese version of the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD


Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Post Count: 6831
Location: Dazin
506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
I should be errr....aquiring this game soon....thanks to that leak in my err...roof. Yes that'll do. *wink wink nudge nudge*.


Oh, well I couldn't resist buying it. I was walking around, minding my own business when one of the shops had Final Fantasy XII on display. So durrr, I picked it up. :P

And Ryusei, yeah. It is.
_________________

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrrs




Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Post Count: 775

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

is the English version of FF XII already released in the Philippines? The last time I checked, I could only find the Japanese version of the game. Did you buy the English version, or the Japanese version of the game?

He got it through the leek in his roof remember? I did too and is it just me or are the FMVs skipping pretty bad?

Anyways I am grinding through the first dozen or so hours because I already played the Japanese version for around 18 hours.

First of all, I think the entire voice over is pretty bad, why the hell does all the lines sound like the voice actors were too close to the microphone when they were recorded? It sounds like everything was spoken in a tunnel or something... the kid that did Vann's voice doesn't sound as slick or smart as the japanese version, bathier sounds like a British idiot instead of a really knowledgeable and confident guy, fran doesn't have that deep and cool voice either and sounds like jennifer tilly... penello is okay and I think is done by tara strong right? the line delivery is much better than other characters but she is not as interesting to listen to as rikku. And ashe is done by the same lady that did the teacher from tales of symphonia(forgot her name), Flare in IV and Karin in shadow hearts 2, she's really good but once again it's her own voice, exactly the same all over again. I guess I almost expect really good voice acting because it's FF, but than again there's really only been two FF games that had voice acting and they both had the same cast.
_________________
SAVE A.D. - S.O.B.s
www.saveourbluths.org Note:website does not work
Narrator: Please tell your friends about this show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Post Count: 926
Location: Vinay Del Zexay
194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
Quote:

is the English version of FF XII already released in the Philippines? The last time I checked, I could only find the Japanese version of the game. Did you buy the English version, or the Japanese version of the game?

He got it through the leek in his roof remember? I did too and is it just me or are the FMVs skipping pretty bad?


Nope, it does skip a lot. It's from a leak in the roof anyway, so I don't have that much of a problem.

I've stopped playing at the moment, because I have a handful of projects and reports that I have to finish. I've reached level 18 (or 20, I can't remember) now and I've been playing for at least 10 hours. XD

Over all, I'm enjoying the new features added in the game. It has a sort of MMORPG feel, and the battle system is a new twist. I'll post more of my thoughts when I continue playing. XD
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Agahnim

Endurvakning


Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Post Count: 3057
Location: Mauthe
932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pre-ordered a copy of Final Fantasy XII from Canada a few days ago, and from what I understand it is due to be released there on October 31st. Hopefully this date sticks. I couldn't be bothered waiting until it was released in Europe on February of next year.

Apart from the negative response that the demo that was released alongside Dragon Quest VIII recieved, I've heard nothing but good things about this installment, with some reviews stating that it's easily the best installment since Final Fantasy VII. Since I finshed Suikoden V a few times, I've have a strong desire to get involved in another good quality RPG, so Final Fantasy XII had best not let me down.
_________________

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
red stuff




Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Post Count: 80

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be pretty excited for this, years ago when it was first announced. But the constant delays, and the fact that Matsuno bailed partway through the game's development, have really hurt my enthusiasm for it. I'm not expecting much and I'm certainly not going to buy it right away, even though I'm interested in seeing how the battle system plays (I really like that they got rid of the separation between the field/battle screens here). Oh, and I'm sure the localization will be fantastic too, since the same guy who did Vagrant Story worked on it.
_________________
But was surrounded!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi


Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Post Count: 5577
Location: Apacheta
4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, I just got my Collector's Edition tin-case copy of Final Fantasy XII and should be starting off on it sometime today after work. Has anyone else started on this game and how's your opinion of it so far? Is it still another CG-cutscene heavy extravaganza similar to FFX and FFX-2 or is there actually an interesting story from what you've seen and played through so far?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Post Count: 2019

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll answer your questions, Tullaryx, though I can't speak about the game as a whole seeing as I am not yet that far into the game.

I have good opinions so far about FF XII. The battle system may be a little hard to get into, but once you've learned about it, it becomes pretty addictive. The gambit system is genius. It's a really helpful feature which lets you make automatic commands for your characters. I only dislike one thing about the battle system though. Since it has taken most of its features from an online game, FF XII feels like an offline FF XI. But that's not what I dislike though. It's about the grinding. It's really tiring to grind all the enemies to increase the level and the LP of your characters. But it's not really that bad because just as I said earlier, the battle system can get really addictive once you've learned it. I give this game two thumbs up for gameplay.

As for the story, I could say that the number of CG cutscenes has been lowered. But I'm not too sure about the CG cutscenes in the later parts of the game because I'm not yet that far. The story is more of political, which is a big surprise to me in a Final Fantasy game, than romantic. As I have encountered, there are some interesting plot twists here and there which made me more interested in the story.

That's my current impression of FF XII so far. Quite obviously, I'm very interested in the gameplay of FF XII and the plot has been interesting for me so far. This installment has lifted my view of Squeenix just a little, but it may change in the future.

Good luck and and have a fun time playing the game, Tullaryx.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yvl

Sanctus


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Post Count: 5979
Location: Senan
55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm loving this game so far. I got it on Tuesday even though I wasnt expecting it until today. I love the licensing system, but I wish they had made it slightly different between each character...

The game itself is almost as overstimulating as Zone of the Enders. I've been wanting to say that for a while. But for some reason the system makes me feel restless. I don't know why.

I'm up to the magicite mines (the cave kind). I keep getting killed by mines (the explosive kind)!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD


Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Post Count: 6831
Location: Dazin
506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I'm loving this game so far. I got it on Tuesday even though I wasnt expecting it until today. I love the licensing system, but I wish they had made it slightly different between each character...

The game itself is almost as overstimulating as Zone of the Enders. I've been wanting to say that for a while. But for some reason the system makes me feel restless. I don't know why.

I'm up to the magicite mines (the cave kind). I keep getting killed by mines (the explosive kind)!


Lhusu or Henne?

And getting killed by mines . . . . Oh my, don't you have Libra!?
_________________

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Post Count: 5979
Location: Senan
55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lhusu. And I have libra.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
suikox.com by: Vextor


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
  Username:    Password:      Remember me