Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Characters
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Scenario Writer for Suikoden 5 Revealed + More Returning Cha Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

7dream.com, the online retailing site Japan's "Seven Eleven," posted the following information on their Suikoden 5 reservation page. There's some interesting info here!

Epic Story
An epic story with text that far exceeds previous installations of the series gives this game its uniqueness. Sections that are not directly related to the main scenario (extra events, side-stories, and dialogue with townsfolk) has an astounding 380,000 words of text, and choices plyers can make during the main scenario far exceeds previous installations.

108 Characters
Not only will Viki and Jeane return, but the ever-popular Georg Prime will also be back. Killey and Lorelai, our staple pursuers of Sindar treasures, will also return. There will be other unexpected characters...

Six-person party + formations
The 6-person battle system which was popular during Suikoden's installations back in Playstation 1's time (What a strange way to refer to Suikoden 1 and 2...) will be back. The new formation system adds another layer of strategy to the battles. The skill system will also return, giving uniqueness to each character.

Kazuyoshi Tsugawa as Scenario Writer!
The famous game scenario writer, Kazuyoshi Tsugawa will be in charge of Suikoden 5's scenario. He has prviously been lauded by the noted novelist Miyuki Miyabe for his work on the scenario of "OZ," and is also known for the emotional scenario of Dreamcasts' "Eternal Arcadia" and Gameboy Advance's "One Piece -- Treasures of Nanatsu Island"

--------

So the scenario writer has finally been revealed. And yep, Killey is confirmed now.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, the Scenario Writer is "Skies of Arcadia"? WOW! We can expect emotional scenes and dialogs during the whole game.

Killey confirmed... expecting it. Now, unexpected characters... who can they be?

-hopes for one of the 6 Great Generals or Solon Jhee-

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When official information says "unexpected," it tends to be relatively close to "expected" among fans (the same thing happened with Ted in S4).
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's why I put the 6 Great Generals. Other possibilities are... Lazlo (again?), Yuber and/or Pesmerga (if any of them was chasing/creating chaos during this time in the south), Windy (could be there), Neclord (to complete the trio)... and I can't remember no one else.

Does anybody remembers anyone else from the series that could be in Falena after the Succession Wars?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow thanks for cool info Sars!!
Althought I have a question:
Are the scenarios of those games, you mentioned, good? For example i heard that Skies of Arcadia was rather good but I haven't played those games...
Btw. which characters are "expected" among fans and officialy "unexpected"?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eternal Arcadia, known as "Skies of Arcadia" outside Japan, is well known for it's story. They series has many fans. A lot of people say the game is similar in some way to Suikoden.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. Skies of Arcadia have great fanbase and have heard alot about the greatness of the story. Glad to see that it is in good hands. I honestly can't wait...

Yay! Viki is confirmed!!! *squeels* Now that' a relief. I'm quite surprised that Killey will also make an appearance. Though it is 'expected' because also Lorelai is there. I can't seem to keep it in anymore. I MUST have this game.. :wink:

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pfff, Viki was always going to be in it. Killey is real news though. If the number of choices we can make exceeds Suikoden II then I'll be happy, as long as there's some funny ones in there too, let's just hope we get the choice to insult a few people. I'm guessing Yuber/Pesmerga as unexpected or maybe a Silverberg that was in one of the other games.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though the identities of the "unexpected" characters may very well be easy for fans to guess, I'd still be pretty happy to see a character's return that comes completely from left field.
Ayala

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe (speculating of course) a Silverberg will become playable. Assuming that the lady strategist is the "official" one and also not a Silverberg, then it'd be neat to finally get a fighting Silverberg.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*dies*

Killey...yes...yes...crazy hat guy...freaking awesome...!

Now I must play Skies of Arcadia. A friend told me it was a lot like Suikoden too, because there are a lot of characters and an upgradable headquarters.

The massive amount of text is a good sign.

^Actual quote!
cloudcent

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skies of Arcadia was a good game. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't earth shattering. Either way, the only way it is similar to Suikoden is that you can recruit people for your ship to perform certain tasks. These aren't playable characters, though. It had airship battles too, and elementals played a big part, so i guess that's somewhat related to Suikoden IV's ocean battles.

Either way, this isn't bad news at all. Skies of Arcadia had some excellent parts.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KKG wrote:
Wow thanks for cool info Sars!!
Althought I have a question:
Are the scenarios of those games, you mentioned, good? For example i heard that Skies of Arcadia was rather good but I haven't played those games...
Btw. which characters are "expected" among fans and officially "unexpected"?

For those who don't know too much about the game itself, the story was as great as an RPG could get. You name it, adventure, betrayal, oppression, mass destruction of a population, etc. The game touched a lot of players with its story line. It's certainly the closest feel to a Suikoden game that I can think of. Vyse recruited multiple people just like our favorite heroes, but most of them were merely for support purposes in the war battles between airships. (Which was magnificent by the way) Like Suikoden, Skies of Arcadia had war battles and normal battles. No duels, though.

What I liked about his writing was that it wasn't enough to create different environments such as a desert world or an ice world. He created people to live in those worlds and thus replicated a culture along with the environment. Inca-type people inhabited the land of the Green Moon, oriental citizens much like some of Falena's people lived in the land of the Blue Moon, etc. After the work in Arcadia, I expect his work on the Falenan culture to be just as great.

I'm sure that he'll write up some funny scenes. There were a few scenarios where poor Prince Enrique was teased by the crew because he liked Yafutoma's Princess. Coincidentally, Enrique's mother, the ruler of the Valua Empire was also corrupt with power. Unlike Arshetat, though, she isn't nearly as gorgeous *ha ha* powerful.

Skies of Arcadia is definitely one of my top ten favorite RPG's of all time. This is the best news so far knowing that he is the story writer of Suikoden 5.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm loving it so far. The plot. The length. The emotion. The Killey :D

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
NichtWahr

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm; no mention of data transfer. Perhaps they don't know? Or it could be a surprise? Or have they stopped doing that sort of thing in the mainline Suikodens?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: