Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Punk musics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Punk musics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone here a fan of punk or any of its many branches such as hardcore, emo, grind, etc.?

Hardcore is my favorite in the punk "family". My favorite is the Blood Brothers. Others I like are Shai Hulud, Fear Before the March of Flames, Chiodos, the Locust (technically grind I think), the Bled, and Vaux.

From traditional type punk my favorite band is the Suicide Machines.

I'm not a big fan of emo really, but I think Saosin belongs in this category over any of the others so I'll put that as my favorite emo-ish band.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be into Scissorfight, Dropkick Murpheys, the Bruisers and a lot of stuff from the local scene back when I was around 18 or 19. My tastes in music have been broadening and softening over the years though, but I still do enjoy a few good Bruisers or even an Operation ivy song every now and then.

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Punk musics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vince Muerto wrote:

I'm not a big fan of emo really, but I think Saosin belongs in this category over any of the others so I'll put that as my favorite emo-ish band.

Not really a big fan of Saosin, but I LOVE Anthony Green's new band Circa Survive.

I did a review of their debut album Juturna on the website I'm a writer for called The Underground Scene and we'd love new readers or whatever. If you have a small, local band you know that would like some exposure spread the word. They only have to sign up, we do the real leg work including letting them put mp3's on the site's radio.

Last edited by Its A Catapult on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah I forgot about Circa Survive. I have Juturna and I like it. I like the vocals a lot.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...I've never actually heard of any of them. Probably because I didn't listen to a lot of music until I got into high school. One of my favorite bands is A Fire Inside but I think they're considered more 'post-punk' now a days. I also really like Pennywise, the Misfits and Bad Religion to name a few. There are so many other types of music that branch out of punk but are still CONSIDERED 'punk' that it confuses me. I don't just stay in one genre I like all kinds of music but Rock in general is my favorite.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I don't really like the 8000 subgenres of punk either because I'm not really good at categorizing them. I do think it's funny all the offshoots of hardcore though. They just take any word and add -core to the end and it's a new thing. Some of the stupider ones Ive heard are noisecore, nintendocore, and powerviolence. Those just sound stupid.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally! Another fellow who enjoys hardcore music. I almost now branch hardcore off into it's own catagory, and no longer punk now.. mostly because we have or had a so so sized group around here who enjoyed it. For one, the Blood Brothers are amazing..lets se.. Burn, Piano Island, Burn.. or is it called Great F**king Song? Or something like that? I love that song.. haha... hey Vince.. do you like Champion? I'm a huge fan them....lets see The Dead Romance, they're not that big ofcoarse but I love them.. we have few locals that I like.. Solidarity is very good if your into hardcore. I also like Folly, which have found a way to mix Hardcore and switch mid song to a ska like beat.. it's really good. I also have a liking for converge random enough..

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh god I hate The Blood Brothers...

They're getting booed offstage on the Dredg/Coheed tour...

Probably shouldn't BE on that tour anyway...

Speaking of some good fun hardcore...BoySetsFire was freaking incredible on Friday 8-)
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I like Champion. They're fast and cool. I've never listened to any of the others that Masaya listed, but I'll check into them.

I just got a cd by The Bled called "Found in the Flood" and I love it.

They're actually being booed off stage? That's sad. It is a bad setup for a tour though.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah.. why they came along is beyond me. I think my friend went and saw them the other bands at the quest, and mentioned the bloodbrothers.. and he said he couldn't stand them after a while.. I don't understand it, but I guess they're a aquired taste.. The bled are good... I havn't listen to them ina while though.. perhaps I will :-P...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: