Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy XII Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Next to Suikoden V this is my most anticipated game. And for good reason. I love Matsuno's games but this looks like the ultimate masterpiece. If this game isn't the best rpg ever after being in 4-5 years of development, I don't know what is.

I'm loving the changes they're doing to the series in this game. Evolution is the way to go, even more so if it revolutionizes the series totally.

At first I was skeptical but after watching and reading the impressions from 1up...wow.

Here's a rar with all the files from 1up's downlaod section. Square Enix Japan requested they take the videos down but I snagged em before they did.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=356IPZWM9F3DX1N2AJ25ZXIJUJ

I think that this system is actually deeper than it looks. Like for instance, when an enemy attacks, like in FFX-2, you attack him and you can parry his attack. Did anyone notice this or did the character he was playing as do that automatically?

Also, you can do chains FFXI and even FFX-2 style. Magic chains, attack chains, even increase the number of hits you can attack via VS it looks like. Not to mention the fact you can SNEAK up on enemies before they see you to score extra damage, or if you want, wait for enemies to finish their little skirmish, weakening the enemy in case he's super strong. There's lots you can do with this system.

It certainly looks like it's deeper than it looks. Can't wait to try it out.

1up took down the videos because anal Square Enix Japan requested that they do so. Basically they want you to buy the game in order to see that stuff I guess. Well fukk em, I'm uploading the vids now.

Something I noticed from the vids: summons are called Espers and their crystals are called Ethnicite (or something, whatever it ends with cite). Coincidence? I think not. A couple of tributes to the oldschool in this: victory fanfare for one thing (which was present in FFVII's chocobo racing victory music and in FFIX's fanfare).

I seriously can't wait for this game. :(

Man if this isn't my anticipated game now. If it's not it's close!
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got me all excited... but your link doesn't work! Nooooo!

Oh well. I can wait until next week when I get my hand son the demo :o
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is really intriguing. I can't wait to see more of it. From what I've heard it takes place in Ivalice right? How does that work...is it like years after Tactics Advanced? And what happened to the Nu Mou's...did they go extinct?

Also...is the class system in this game? I hope so...that would be awesome...kinda like X-2 with the whole costume thing.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been looking forward to it for awhile. I saw a few screens for it and the graphics are amazing. Honestly I havent been keeping up with the latest news on it so I dont really know much about it. All I know is it looks great and I cant wait till it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bbsting120 wrote:
Got me all excited... but your link doesn't work! Nooooo!

I'll re up it then.

Watari: Yes it is in Ivalice. I think that FFXII is the game Mewt played in FFTA. He played a game called "Final Fantasy" (most likely this game is FFXII) and created the magical book they jump in to in the game, featuring many of the denizens from FFXII (the moogles, vierra, seq (sp), the dog like animals (forgot their names), and most notably the judges). I think that's pretty cool. FFTA's plot was lame but it looks like it was more than what it seemed.

No class system as of now but certain people are good at certain things. Balthier is more gun based. Penelo uses projectiles (bow and arrow) the best. Basch is your super beefed up tank who's great with defense and atk power;etc.
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game better be good. I can honestly say without a doubt that I have not enjoyed a single product of SquareEnix's, which greatly saddens me as I loved Square and Enix back when they were seperate. I also haven't enjoyed a single Final Fantasy since 7.

If this is as bad as Final Fantasy X was, then I'm done with even hoping SquareEnix will produce a decent product. Forget them, I'm looking at Mistwalker now.

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it's good too. It's been forever since a FF game came out. FFXI doesn't count. Neither does FFX-2.

I've liked all the FF games since VI. I haven't been impressed with SquareEnix though. I liked Star Ocean 3 pretty well, but they haven't really released anything else that I've been interested in.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havent been really looking forward to any FF games recently. XI, X, and X-2 really made me dislike the series. I'm kind of looking forward to it deep down somehwere....but largely not really interested. i mean i'll get it, but chances are i won't like it. Thats my opinion now---that may change when i play it but i rather stick with FF 8 and down.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
summons are called Espers and their crystals are called Ethnicite (or something, whatever it ends with cite)

Could it be Magicite? Just like FFVI? It would make perfect sence, since 12= 2*6 :)

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dooz wrote:
This game better be good. I can honestly say without a doubt that I have not enjoyed a single product of SquareEnix's, which greatly saddens me as I loved Square and Enix back when they were seperate. I also haven't enjoyed a single Final Fantasy since 7.

If this is as bad as Final Fantasy X was, then I'm done with even hoping SquareEnix will produce a decent product. Forget them, I'm looking at Mistwalker now.

That's a common misconception, Dooz. Talking about how bad FFX is, I mean. For some reason people view it a bit more narrow minded than square intended, or at least that's what I believe. It was an obvious attempt at introducing a new type of main character that doesn't play the part of a the solumn loner that has to save the world. Tidus wears his heart on his sleeve and has no qualms about speaking his mind. This makes him both lively, and I think refreshing to watch. No other FF game had a main character even similar to him, and I think it was an innovative idea lost on a crowd that WANTED another typical loner to save the world. Square did a find job, and I'm fairly sure that after X and X-2 they've realized that people want their stray loner back. If they haven't then they'll probably make a mistake in releasing the game.

Julious Cezar
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vince Muerto wrote:

I've liked all the FF games since VI.

Yep. I think all the FF's FFVI and up are relatively great. They're what makes FF my second favorite series (next to Suikoden :}).

Fundertaker wrote:
Quote:
summons are called Espers and their crystals are called Ethnicite (or something, whatever it ends with cite)

Could it be Magicite? Just like FFVI? It would make perfect sence, since 12= 2*6 :)

No, it's nethicite. Just the fact it ends with Cite is a tribute to FFVI to me.

[Mod's Note: This post was modified to delete the video links]
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am looking forward to the game, but I probably wont run out to get it. It has been quite a long time since a final fantasy came out, and they really have been somewhat lacking. I enjoyed FFX-2 just because it was fun, the story wasnt good and all, but the game was fun to play. I liked FFX... I mean Tidus was annoying, but a stray from the typical loner hero was a welcome one I think. Final Fantasy always seems to be the epitome of cliche RPGs. Thats how I feel at least.

Oh well, we'll see how it turns out.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt FFXII will be the epitome of cliche! :E Matsuno <3
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro Says:
Quote:
Next to Suikoden V this is my most anticipated game. And for good reason. I love Matsuno's games but this looks like the ultimate masterpiece. If this game isn't the best rpg ever after being in 4-5 years of development, I don't know what is.

Once it was my most anticipated game, but the years it has spent in development have knocked it into now Third most wanted (behind Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess and Suikoden V)

Seriously, SquareEnix is making what Nintendo did with Ocarina of time look like a pimp slap by comparison with this delay.

Dooz Says:
Quote:

How could you not have enjoyed IX and X? Both of them were gems of games that tried to differentiate thhemselves from the uber-popular VII, and I think they did well, and I like both games about equally, though VII is still better.

Vince Muerto Says:
Quote:

I've liked all the FF games since VI. I haven't been impressed with SquareEnix though. I liked Star Ocean 3 pretty well, but they haven't really released anything else that I've been interested in.

So3:TeT was pretty good, I think I logged 70 or 80 hours on it. You're right though, I haven't at all been impressed with SquareEnix. The reason they were so good was because they were competing game houses. They also had opposing philosophies, with the Final Fantasy series being new and cutting edge and the Dragon Quest series sticking to the fundamentals. Now that they're together, it's Anarchy!

Jinners Says:
Quote:
I havent been really looking forward to any FF games recently. XI, X, and X-2 really made me dislike the series. I'm kind of looking forward to it deep down somehwere....but largely not really interested. i mean i'll get it, but chances are i won't like it. Thats my opinion now---that may change when i play it but i rather stick with FF 8 and down.

What's with all the FFX hate? Yeah, it's not as good as Suikoden III, but it's still probably the second best RPG you can get for the PS2. All of the elements of the great Final Fantasy game: Characters, willain, story and score, were all there. Every FF protagonist has to be different, it was only a matter of time until the whiny-boy got his time in the sun.

But Final Fantasy X-2...what a mistake.

But me? Yeah, the game looks awesome. It's been on my most wanted list for like four years now, and only two series can do that and survive: Zelda and Final Fantasy. I'm impressed with the look of the game, it seems like a nice cross between FFIX and FFX, which contained some damn nice environments. The story feels FFIX, but IX had an awesome story, so I like the potential it shows. The characters look cool (anyone who hates Tidus is just gonna love Vaan...I never judge a character by how they look) and their backstory generally has me interested. The new battle system looks cool, and I agree with the idea that the old, turn-based system from previous FF games should be removed, because quite frankly, it works where it works. I'm never nervous about having to learn a new battle system in an FF game, because they always make it so easy. I can't wait until the day I get it, and when I'm immersed in the world of Ivalice (and never played Tactics Advance, so it's new to me), and know that when I'm there it'll be worth it.

I've had this nice Ashe wallpaper on my desktop forever. Link, but host on your own space.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The summons in FFXII are the Lucovi from FFT, Sofar from what I know Velius and Hashmallum have been offically confirmed as summonable creatures.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: