Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

other trinity sight systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: other trinity sight systems Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just for fun, how about talking about other games with "TSS" I've been playing "Tressure of the Rudras" and I'm all giddy and supprized to see another "TSS" being implemented. I really enjoyed this fetaure in Suikoden 3, because it reminds of of how I'd possibly write stories, you can never fully experance somthing from one Point Of View, nor is one experance the same for everyone, that is why it is such a great idea.

is anyone else with me?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my personal opnion I didn't like the TSS system I prefer to have ONE main charcter not 3. :?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the TSS as it gave a greater spectrum for the story, to truly understand and empathise with each culture's point of view through their respective heros.

The only other game that springs to mind about having a Trinity Site System would be Final Fantasy VI. If only for a bit, the game split up so you could choose between Locke, Edgar and Terra - although I'm a little unsure of the characters, I only know Locke is one for definate lol But that added something to the game I felt.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't quite like the TSS myself. I can't explain it, but I didn't feel as free even though I could choose from seperate people.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah hmm, you should try out the game I mentoned...unless you can read japanese and can get the actuall game, the only other option is using the ROM.
which is, in my mind a great way of convincing companies to re-make and re-release games.
(like suikoden 1 & 2, if they want money they should give it to the public again, insted of us having to download it, not everyone can afford a 60-80 dollar game)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Treasure of Rudra" is sort of different though compared to Suikoden 3 because there aren't *that* many repeating/similar stuff. Practically the characters only crossed path like once (or twice?) during one character's scenario. And we could also change characters/story whenever we want unlike in Suikoden 3.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the TSS was a nice idea, but it could have been executed better. As for other games using a similliar system, try Seiken Densetsu 3(Secret of Mana 2).

It`s a SNES game, but it was never released outside of Japan. You can download the ROM and a free translation patch if you search around a bit. It`s an excellent game, and it has a similliar system where you choose a party of 3 out of 6 possible main characters. There are 3 scenarios to play through(pairs of characters share the same scenario). Most of the game is the same using all three, but you occasionally run into the other chars, and you`ll get a slightly different plot as well as a different final boss. Some dungeons are also different, IIRC...been a long time since I played it.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The trinity sight system was a good idea but they did not implement it like it could have been. Rather than make three heroes how about creating a system where you get story parts all throughout that detail the thoughts and game from the perspective of the hero, the villain or villains, and a neutural third party which have a large part in the story. Like dual site throughout the game and after completion you can see the game with the third party. Say for example one sight from the hero, the next from the villain or villains and the next from say the villagers perspective being caught in the middle. But I dunno im just rambling on with weird ideas.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Gwendal"]I thought the TSS was a nice idea, but it could have been executed better. As for other games using a similliar system, try Seiken Densetsu 3(Secret of Mana 2).

It`s a SNES game, but it was never released outside of Japan. You can download the ROM and a free translation patch if you search around a bit. quote]
I hope its a good patch, the only rom and patch that have me troubles was the romancing saga one, if i try to re-set the computer I'd get the "snow' that TVs get.

I was considering that game.
I really wish us gamers could crudade and convince these guys to give us games, really if we know it by rom, and can get a fantastic re=make wouldn't they be thrilled? I mean come on, we're stealing somthing that wasn't given to us.

but, of cource "we know whats better" and we'd all want to play "director" and say "oh oh hey do this, do that, change this add that!".

ah dreams, the best we can do is think a lot, and hope that darned "serendipidy" will hit home and those companiys will stand up and shout "eurika!"

--------
excuse the spelling, i am an idiot

Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It`s a very good game, and the patch is near-perfect. I haven`t played it in a few years, but I never had any problems at all with the patch. And a remake would be nice...I`d probably buy it. But it`d probably be for the PS2, and the Square games which have been converted to PSX have horrible load times. Of course, if you`re lucky like SARSAdmin and Saben(?), you could just go buy the Japanese cart...I wish I could read Japanese.:P

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only other game that springs to mind about having a Trinity Site System would be Final Fantasy VI. If only for a bit, the game split up so you could choose between Locke, Edgar and Terra - although I'm a little unsure of the characters, I only know Locke is one for definate *laugh* But that added something to the game I felt.

That's Locke, Sabin, and Terra (or Tina for you players of the japanese version) But you were close. :P (Sabin and Edgar are brothers)

Rather than make three heroes how about creating a system where you get story parts all throughout that detail the thoughts and game from the perspective of the hero, the villain or villains, and a neutural third party which have a large part in the story. Like dual site throughout the game and after completion you can see the game with the third party. Say for example one sight from the hero, the next from the villain or villains and the next from say the villagers perspective being caught in the middle. But I dunno im just rambling on with weird ideas

That's a really cool idea, I'd enjoy it. The only problem is what would the third-party do? Would they fight with or against the hero or villian, it would be even better if the player decided that. :mrgreen:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The three scenarios of Shining Force III were essentially a TSS of its own. Talk about a great game with nice style of storytelling. Like Suikoden III, the three POVs come together just before the final few battles... not surprising at all.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shining force 3 was for the "sega cd" system or was it satrun?

about buying japanese carts? um...that wounn't do me good, for many reasons, one being I never owned a SNES outside of my recent Emulators, I went from NES, Sega Genisis(mega drive) then PSX (when ff 7 came to america)

so I'm an idiot, but I do have "an orginal gameboy" (not the sleek compact one, had it because I went into the hospital)

if one would re-make a game, do you think it would be better to totaly re-make it? I read a complant about the lack of "mode 7" in FF4's PSX port, so if, lets say they remake a 16 bit game, and convert it to look like a saga frountier game (or somthing like the orignal suikodens, but with more sprite movment) it would be good for everyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: