Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Espionage and Spy Units

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Espionage and Spy Units Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was mulling this idea over for most of the day today while running through a replay of the original Suikoden. I was thinking about the viability of "Spy Units" for each nation, another specialized unit like Naval and Royal Guards.

Spy Units (or perhaps even a Spy category of regiment) would be subterfuge agents that enter opposing nations in order to "steal vital secrets" from their strategists and fortifications. Spy units would be sent to invade a specific region that a nation controls, and be opposed by the statistics of the mayor and local garrison (or something of the sort).

If the Spy Units are successful, they grant a bonus to attacks made against that region by their nation for that phase.

I haven't hashed out any real mechanical suggestions for the bonus granted or the way spies would work within the combat statistics, but the basic ide incorporates the "Ninja" from the Suikoden games, and their abilities for subterfuge.

Utilizing a Spy Unit should roughly cost 3pp (the same as a battle for naval superiority). Spy Units could also potentially be "neutral" NPC mercenaries that have to be hired each phase for a set number of potch. The more potch invested the better spies that the Hidden Village grants.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll consider it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: