Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

soul caliber 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok so this is the first time I havent been at school, at church or playing Soul Calibur 3 since I got it on Wednesday. I haven't stopped for meals, I ate if I was at church or school or on my way to or from church or school. So the new characters are all really really good. I used Tira for my first try and went on a rampage. I think my favorite character is Lizardman, close second with Rock. My best person is a toss up between the Kunai Custom Character and the Iron Sword Custom Character. Eurydice and my created character are both quite good, as is Jinkai.

The characters you unlock but don't get to play as so far that I've seen is Hwang, Li Long, Revenant and Amy, and maybe Colossus if I'm not mistaken. I haven't gotten them but I think you can. I've unlocked Sophitia, Lizardman, Rock, Cervantes and Yoshimitsu, and Revenent(he doesn't get a story mode but makes up for it by having a skull for a head). I'm curious who you guys have that I don't have so drop a line if you get some new folks.

EDIT: Double posted this on accident:

I wrote:
As far as comparisons to Soul Calibur 2 go, I'd say that this game is much more challenging. Theres such a variaty of each charcter and what they specialize in theres virtually no way your playing style doesn't have a compliment with one of the move sets. If you like to move your opponent around to shake them up you can use Zasalamel, if you like quick one strike or brief combos that are blindingly fast and effective you have Setsuka, if you want someone who can juggle an enemy relentlessly you can go classic with Maxi, or if you want someone who can mangle you enemy from a good distance away you have yor Nightmare or Seigfried.

Though no game is without shortcomings. They system has a helluva lot of unlockable features, especially those in the shop. To make them stop having the glowing N next to them(signalling that they are new) you have to buy them. Same thing with the event viewer after you play through the tales of Soul mode. It stays on new for the longest time. It's not a major flaw and wont annoy most people but if youre slightly OCD like I am, it gets irratating.

I'm missing one character out of those who can have a story mode and I cant seem to figure out how to get him. Im pretty sure its Olcadan and I have to beat the game with everyone to get him. Sadly this'll mean I spend less time on the forum and on school work but more time on the Soul Caliburing. Big loss, lemme tell yaSARCASM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kane of the Black Sea wrote:
On the create a character there were four types of fighter you can choose and the rest is cosmetics that you unlock as you play.

Not quite true, although the armor is mostly cosmetic, they change your character's alignment (good/bad and light/dark), which has an effect on what voices and sayings your character has. There are other classes you unlock as you play through the strategy game (at least, that's how I unlocked em), and I find that the created characters have one over on traditional characters because they can wield (as far as I know) 5 different weapon types: 3 generic and 2 specific. For example, I have a barbarian that can wield greatswords, twin crescent swords, foot-knives, Astaroth's axes, and Nightmare's swords so far

The generic weapons (aside from the 'new' ones that no other character used before like the foot-knives and crescent swords) all have a few moves that are 'borrowed' from other fighters' moves, like Nightmare's A A B combo from SCII for the Greatsword, but most of them are different to prevent it from feeling like you're copying everyone else. *coughnecridcough*

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing I've been thinking of, is that since we have the ability to create our own characters.. Maybe, y'know, talk about them or which ones you've made. Since this *is* a topic about Soul Calibur III. Or we could even share good ones (Maybe this idea'll just be shruged off).

Anyway, if you're looking for a reason to link this to Suikoden, I know that a few people on GameFAQS made their versions of Tir McDohl. So if anything, we could try to make different Suikoden characters. All I need to do now is wait for the European release, if this idea goes well.. But then again, it probably wouldn't.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard of a Riou being made too, I think I saw it and it was legitiamte, though I can't copy someone elses ideas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KOS-MOS is creatable. The way to make her is using a set of items called the X- series.

You unlock them naturally by buying the female exclusive armor.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the game the day it came out and must say that it absolutely rocks!!! It's like they took everything from the last game and made it ten times better.

One thing I noticed though, is that they changed some of the moves for some of the characters. One of the characters whose moves were changed a lot is Mitsurugi. Apart from that, I'd say this game is pretty close to perfection. Oh, and I love what they did for the character stories. Most characters get more developement in this game than in the last one.

As for character creations, I read a FAQ on Gamefaqs that had a pretty nice list of possible creations, including Cloud, Sephiroth, Ken, Ryu and many more. I think it's worth checking out.

As far as bonus characters, I got Li Long, Hwang, Revenant, the girls from the shops(hehe forgot their names), and a lot of characters from the Chronicles of the Sword mode. However, I have no idea how I got half of them, although I think you unlock them by fighting a certain number of battles.

Quote:
I'm missing one character out of those who can have a story mode and I cant seem to figure out how to get him. Im pretty sure its Olcadan and I have to beat the game with everyone to get him.

In order to get Olcadan, I think you have to fight him in the Tales of Souls mode with any of the characters. I got him without beating the game with every character, so I think that's how I unlocked him. It all depends on the choices you make on the characters' journeys. There really are a lot of different possibilities, so keep trying and I'm sure you'll get him eventually. Maybe it'll help if you try to beat the game with the same character many times in a row in order to try the different paths and remembering them so you don't repeat them.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm at my friend's house and he just picked this game up. It looks cool from what I've seen so far. He's playing around with the custom character thing.
I've been looking at this spiffy art guide thing with gorgeous art! Tira has really amazing art concepts. I like Raphael for some reason too. I can't wait to make a custom character.

-My DeviantArt-
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy and Riou

(snagged this from another forum)

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I saw that picture in GameFAQS, they have a faq of the cas characters there now.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I saw them already as well. On the CaS FAQ, they also got a Yuber creation, but it has no link. I think they are very well done. The Create a Soul mode is indeed a fun addition to the game and the possibilities are almost endless. Last time I tried my hand at making a character I couldn't decide on how to make him.

There are also many other famous characters that can be created in the CaS mode. I've seen ideas for Cloud Strife, Kitana from Mortal Kombat and a whole lot more. That character creation FAQ is definitely worth checking out.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol wow those are awesome ^^ It's be interesting to see the Yuber one if anyone sees it around. Aww now I want to snag my friends game so I can make suikoden characters fight!

-My DeviantArt-
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, I got All the characters now except a few of the custom characters I think. I know I got Hwang and he's really really good, just like Assassin. I also like Revanent, besides the fact that he looks really insane with his outfit and the, ya know, skull for a head. I like how you can unlock completely new outfit sets, like the other day I got Assassin 2 and Samurai 2, just from buying certain items from the shop(at least with the samurai one. You buy the shogun items). I've gotten one of the Shop owners, Valeria the Item Woman, and she surprisingly uses the Greive Edges(Foot Blades). Those things are mad crazy good.

I haven't made any doppleganger characters of characters from other games yet but I will soon, maybe tonight if I find time. I was a skeptic on how well the character design would work so that I could take an idea from my head and make it happen but I've been sated with it. It's not like drawing from scratch but over all it's pretty good, I'd say.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God, this game is sweet. Anyone got a link for waktroughs?

By the way, how does one obtain the strongest weapon for Siegfried?
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

By the way, how does one obtain the strongest weapon for Siegfried?

Mine was unlocked through battles, as in the accumulated number of times I've fought. So really, I don't know other thatn I have it and it's Soul Calibur(black if you don't want to spoil surprise). It looks really cool this time, though it looks nearly impossible to handle were it realistic in design. Theres a spike on the handle, but whatever.

Right now I'm on the 12th Chronical, I think, and will be done soon hopefully. Actually right now I'm very tired so I'll leave now and go sleep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: