Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 6] Grassland vs. Island Nations at Gaien [Concluded]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: [Phase 6] Grassland vs. Island Nations at Gaien [Concluded] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"How boring . . ."

A lone soldier paced across the deck of the ship grumbling to himself that he had been assigned as a lookout on his own birthday. He scarcely remembered his commanding officer's booming voice, hammering the necessity of his task into his head. "All our troops are needed for this fight. You have the most important job of all. This is your home after all."

He kicked a barrel of water as he passed by thinking about those very words. "Sure captain." he said to himself. "And when exactly do you think the war will come all the way here anyway?"

He eyed a telescope on top of the barrel and decided to play with it. He had nothing else to do, anyway. He placed the scope to his eye and gazed at the ocean. He spotted a fishing boat not far from the coast and wished more than anything to do something. It was certainly better than standing under the hot sun with no clouds to limit its heat.

But he saw something in the distance that caught his eye. It looked like a misty silhouette, but it was much bigger. He continued to stare at the object, but he found himself astounded when more of the same mysterious objects dotted the distance; each getting bigger every second.

"Am I seeing things?" He thought to himself. But quickly shook his head and corrected his thoughts. "No, I can't be. I'm a lookout because I have 20/13 vision. Something's wrong . . . wait, are those ships?"

"What's going on there?" a familiar voice rang behind him.

"Captain ChiByakko sir, I see some strange objects off the northwestern direction. They appear to be ships from Mordo's direction, but they don't follow our sailing patterns at all, sir."

"Give me that." he tugged the scope from his subordinate. He peeked at the eyeglass and let out a small gasp. "This isn't possible." He stammered as his hands shook violently.

"Sir, what's wrong?"

"Cadet, look into this scope again. My eyesight's failing me. You should be able to see their flags now; better than myself anyway. What do you see?"

The soldier again took the telescope to his eye and twisted the shaft focusing on the target. He bit his lip trying to contain himself.

"I see a red-orange flag sir; fiery looking as the hottest furnace . . . It's . . . It belongs to Grassland, captain."

ChiByakko pounded the top of the starboard railing. "SOUND THE HORN IMMEDIATATELY! They give no warning flare of their presence. They're here to invade!"

His subordinate did as he was asked. The horn in his hand echoed along with his breath through Gaien. Villagers ran to their homes and Island Nation troops boarded their ships in preparation for the first assault on their beloved city.

An hour passed following the deployment of several Federation ships acting as the primary force of this campaign. Grassland had caught Gaien by surprise resulting in the small deployment. But fortunately for the Islanders, their opposition consisted of only a few ships as well.

General Guardian of Grassland spearheaded the Grassland attack along with his 800 Fire Archers. Taking a smaller but lightweight craft, they eventually separated themselves from the main fleet firing volleys of arrows at the lead ship of the Island Nations.

ChiByakko ordered his 19,246 infantry to take cover using any type of protection they can. The monstrosity of the ship did well to provide many hiding places which limited the casualty rate to only 300 soldiers. Soon, ChiByakko noticed the dwindling number of arrows shot at their ship. Without hesitation, he ordered his helmsman to ram the Grassland ship.

"Soldiers! When we make contact, we board. Show no mercy!!!"

The remaining infantry warriors yelled in unison. They were prepared to die for their country. But in the end they didn't have to do much at all. The giant ship inflicted more damage than the captain thought. Wood splintered off the port side and before the Islanders could move a step, Guardian's ship began to sink to the bottom with the 800 archers. Many of the troops jumped into the water with safety devices gambling with their lives on the ocean. Guardian himself happened upon one of the lifeboats and quickly rowed away. As the Grassland troops treaded on water, they were picked off by Islander arrows.

Captain Kyojin Blight and his own ship broke away from the Islander configuration quite a way west of ChiByakko's location. He spotted a medium sized Grassland ship, bigger than his own, closing in within striking distance of the Giant Ship. His 6,500 archers loosened the sails and moved full speed ahead towards the Grassland attack. As they inched closer, they fired their own arrows in numerous directions. The rain of fury unleashed its destructiveness on Grassland blood while others tore through the sails like a knife through butter. Kyojin's regiment felled 2,995 Grasslanders in the process.

But the Island Captain's eyes opened wide in horror noticing the absurd numbers of his opponents. Including the ones that had fallen, there appeared to be around 10,000 Grassland troops. (10,800 troops in actuality) MenaceX and the FoE Legion Magicians unleashed their devastating Wind magic on their startled opponents. Almost reading their own intentions, blades of wind magic shredded the Islander sails like paper and various small tornadoes flung Kyojin Blight and his entire regiment of 6,500 soldiers to the sea. The Islander captain managed to swim to the Giant ship assuring his safety, but his men were not as fortunate. The magicians quickly made short work of them; Kyojin's entire regiment perished in the attack.

Elsewhere, one Grassland Ship and another Island Ship skidded across from one another shaking the foundation of the two vessels. Cavalry commander Archangel ordered his 18,000 cavalry to hold their position on their own ship. Grassland General NeonMouko and the Fierce Tigers infantry leaped over the port side rail and hacked away at the Cavalry horses and to a lesser extent, the actual horsemen. In a rage of fury, they downed 2,998 soldiers, also believing that they had the upper hand. But their steel blades didn't connect with flesh, but of all things, connected on straw. The fake horses remained standing as the Grassland troops continued to slash away trivially. Using these free shots, Archangel and his regiment easily decimated the Grassland attack. NeonMoulko retreated to his own ship in a desperate attempt to escape. Archangel himself, leaped off his "steed" and proceeded to follow him, but a roar behind him in the distance stopped him in his tracks.

"Islanders!" ChiByakko yelled out in his loudest voice "Our duty is to defend the people of Gaien. The Grassland Navy has begun its retreat, but we have no idea what awaits us in their remaining ranks. We wait for our main fleet. Full retreat back to the city. That's an order!"

Archangel sheathed his blade without hesitation and followed the lead of the remaining ships. Raising his hand to his helmsman he ordered the cautious retreat of his regiment.

Back at ChiByakko's ship, he breathed a sigh of relief and tossed the telescope in the air, catching it every time it fell to his hand. He turned to his subordinate, emotionally spent from the day's events, and patted his back.

"You did good today soldier. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible." He extended the telescope to his subordinate. "This is my most valuable possession. It saved me numerous times in the past. Since I have no one left to pass it on to, I leave it to you as a gift."

The soldier took it with awe-struck eyes and bowed to him.

"Happy Birthday soldier. Take the rest of the day off." he laughed as he walked away.

"Thank you sir!" he replied happily.

Island Nations wins this turn!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Grasslands]
Round 1: Guardian (Archers) 900 - 900 = 0
Round 2: MenaceX (Magician) 10800 - 2995 = 7805
Round 3: NeonMouko (Infantry) 6300 - 6300 = 0

[Island Nations]
Round 1: ChiByakko (Infantry) 19246 - 300 = 18946
Round 2: Kyojin Blight (Archers) 6500 - 6500 = 0
Round 3: Archangel (Cavalry) 18000 - 2998 = 14002

Last edited by Cedric on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The results for MenaceX vs. Kyojin Blight don't sound right. Not that it would change the victor, but I believe Blight should have done much more damage.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to admit that the actual results are unusual to me as well, but I'm going by the reports that were sent to me. Perhaps the administration can take a look.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are some probable unknown factors, such as that neither side knows the regiment tactics that the other side chose.

Leb is right that the battle outcome seems to be correct, but perhaps there is some small flaw in the battle calculator that could surface in another battle, with a much larger impact.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, there was indeed a flaw in the formula. The weakness/strength relationship between archers and magicians was reversed. The numbers for this battle will be corrected (although the result of the battle is the same).
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Grassland vs Island Nations at Gaien]
----=<Round 1>=----
MenaceX's Regiment (Magician) and shfelliotrpg's Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

shfelliotrpg's regiment suffers 1 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while MenaceX's regiment suffers 0 casualties, leaving them with 7805 soldiers.

MenaceX's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
halberdier's Regiment (Magician) and badskater's Regiment (Magician) engage in battle!

badskater's regiment suffers 14 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while halberdier's regiment suffers 6 casualties, leaving them with 8994 soldiers.

halberdier's regiment wins!

Grassland: 2 wins.
Island Nations: 0 wins.

Grassland wins this turn!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Grassland]
Round 1: MenaceX (Magician) 7805 - 0 = 7805
Round 2: halberdier (Magician) 9000 - 6 = 8994

[Island Nations]
Round 1: shfelliotrpg (Cavalry) 1 - 1 = 0
Round 2: badskater (Magician) 14 - 14 = 0
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Island Nations vs Grassland at Gaien]
----=<Round 1>=----
chalksy's Regiment (Infantry) and halberdier's Regiment (Magician) engage in battle!

halberdier's regiment suffers 3 casualties, leaving them with 8991 soldiers, while chalksy's regiment suffers 9 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers.

halberdier's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
ChiByakko's Regiment (Infantry) and MenaceX's Regiment (Magician) engage in battle!

MenaceX's regiment suffers 7805 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while ChiByakko's regiment suffers 2738 casualties, leaving them with 16208 soldiers.

ChiByakko's regiment wins!

----=<Round 3>=----
Archangel's Regiment (Cavalry) and Pac's Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

Pac's regiment suffers 1000 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers, while Archangel's regiment suffers 470 casualties, leaving them with 13532 soldiers.

Archangel's regiment wins!

Island Nations: 2 wins.
Grassland: 1 wins.

Island Nations wins this turn and successfully defends its waters!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Island Nations]
Round 1: chalksy (Infantry) 9 - 9 = 0

Round 2: ChiByakko (Infantry) 18946 - 2738 = 16208
Round 3: Archangel (Cavalry) 14002 - 470 = 13532

[Grassland]
Round 1: halberdier (Magician) 8994 - 3 = 8991
Round 2: MenaceX (Magician) 7805 - 7805 = 0
Round 3: Pac (Cavalry) 1000 - 1000 = 0
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: