Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Poll: Best Zelda Game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the best Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Link to the Past
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Ocarina of Time
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Majora's Mask
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Wind Waker
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Four Swords Adventures
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Minish Cap
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Link's Awakening
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ocarina of Time was by far the best one of the series. Maybe it was because it was the first game I played on the N64 or the first Zelda Game I had ever played. Okay maybe I was like 10 when I first played and sucked at it at first, but so far it's the only game that has kept me hooked that much and I persevered until I became UNBEATABLE!! :twisted:

Also after Ocarina of Time I played all the new ones and old ones and none compared to the likes of O.o.T. Especially not the latter. I apologize to the old-school-game-lovers but unless I play the game when it's "new" it won't appeal to me at all. Majora's Mask was ok... but Ocarina's was so much better. The sages, collecting the medallions, the temples, being able to play as a kid and as an adult...Everything!! It was awesome... :cry: I feel a little nostalgic...give me a second...(fans tears) lol! No. But seriously it's the best one.

Quote:

ocarina of time all the way! that was the best game ever! The bottle trick about making your items into bottles ruled! I made everything into bottles! muahah! bottles forever!.

:shock: WHAT?! That's awesome! How do you do it?!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko17 wrote:

Quote:

ocarina of time all the way! that was the best game ever! The bottle trick about making your items into bottles ruled! I made everything into bottles! muahah! bottles forever!.

:shock: WHAT?! That's awesome! How do you do it?!

lol Go to Some cheat site and it'll tell you. Its Awsome! I made everythign into bottles i had alot of faries! Its ruled!

(I forgot how to do it:P )

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose a Link to the Past. I think it had more depth to it (obviously not talking graphics here) and was more of a challenge than the others I have played. Just so everyone knows where I'm coming from, I have only played The Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Link's Awakening. I don't think there just much to the other games I played. They were all neat, but I found myself most engaged in Link to the Past.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chalk my vote for Ocarina of Time. It was my first real playthrough of a Zelda game. I got into it pretty late. I did finish Link's Awakening DX, Majora's Mask (Gamecube version), and A Link to the Past, but this was all during two or so years ago. Because of that I didn't have much time to replay those games and truly appreciate them.

Ocarina of Time on the other hand, is a game that I played as soon as it came out. It was the first Zelda game that I owned. I had it reserved so I have the Gold colored cartridge. But most importantly, the game stunned me. I was really happy because that game and Smash Brothers made getting the sub-par Nintendo 64 actually worth it.

There are a few things that I really liked about the game.

When I compare it to Majora's Mask, it just feels longer and concrete. I like a longer RPG that makes my money work it. I'm just estimating but there seems more to do in Ocarina of Time. I think there were 5 adult dungeons, 3 child dungeons, Thieves' hideout, bottom of the well, etc. Ocarina meanwhile had some scattered "dungeons" to get all the masks, and around 2 dungeons per race (Zora, Goron, and Deku Scrub)

And I don't know, as much as it's used in games nowadays, I never get tired of elemental quests. In Ocarina of time, the treasures of the races and the medallions of the Sages could be considered elemental quests. A link to the past had the medallions, but then moved on to the Crystals of the Hyrule Maidens. Link's Awakening had instruments. And Majora's Mask had . . . well masks.

The big thing was that it was an innovative Zelda. I believe that was Link's first time in 3D. So that gave me an excuse to get the game thinking that this is a new era for the Zelda series. Thus it would be a fair transition for a new fan like me.

Edit: I added Link's Awakening to the option. I certainly hope he doesn't mind considering, I'm sure its meant to be up there.

Last edited by Cedric on Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... You need to add Link's Awakening on there because that one was really fricking good, especially for being on a game boy. I've beaten most Zelda games. I have beaten the original, Zelda II, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. I haven't beaten Minish Cap, Windwaker or Majora's Mask. Nor have I beaten Four Swords. The only reason I haven't beaten MC, MM or FS is because I don't own them. I do own Windwaker, but never got too far because I always got wrapped up in other games. I suppose I should go play it some more. I haven't gotten far at all.

Which of them is my facorite? i can't really tell because at the time I played each I was always thinking "This one is my favorite." I really liked the storylines of each one. Whether it be the vague "Take this sword" Original to the much more in depth Ocarina of Time.

I enjoyed the original because to this day I still can go back and play it and be challenged. I have it for the GBA and can play it as many times as I like. My favorite part is that after you beat the game they toss you back out there with nothing and you gotta do it all over again, but with the dungeons all in different places. I found that really fun.

The second for NES was particualry great because of it's RPG elements. This is the ONLY Zelda I consider an RPG, however many people out there claim Zelda as an RPG series. I won't get into it farther than that. But Zelda II was a really outstanding game and probably the most difficult Zelda I have ever played, probably because I'm horrible and the sidescrolling.

One of the gems that Gameboy had was definitely Link's Awakening. The game was completely different from the originals because all the others were about saving the princess cliché. This time its about an island and poor little Link has to figure out where in god's green earth he is and how to leave. The game got quite involving, especially as you learn more about Marin. I loved the Animal Village. This game is definitely something I reccomend everyone play if they haven't already. Its the best Zelda of the overhead style gameplay. It destroys the original and the Oracles.

Although, Awakening was better than the Oracle series, the two games did provide a LOT of fun gameplay. I playes Ages first and I consider that the better of the 2 games. I liked the code thing though, that once you beat Ages, you put in a code to Seasons and you get a few bonuses in the gameplay. Seasons was cool, but I didn't like the storyline as much as Ages. But both are quality games.

Of course one of the best Zelda Games was Link to the Past. Much Like Ages, you traveled back and forth through time. But the story was far superior. I liked all the quests and items you could get in this one. The vibrancy of the colors really stand out in my memory. I didn't like the wobbling of his hat though... I found that quite annoying.

N64 brought Link to 3D, and for some reason they fely Ganon wasn't badass enough, so they put him on a diet and renamed him Ganondorf. Like adding the suffix -dorf will make people shiver with fear or something. This was my only flaw with it. Oh yeah.. duh.. that and I hated Epona for some reason. Sure she made the ride across Hyrule feild a lot quicker, but she still sucked. Another little tidbit I want to toss in about OOT. How does it make sense that you move quicker by running and rolling simultaneously. I tried it once in a feild and it wasn't very effective. *pictures himself rolling like a moron experimenting* Perhaps I need to make more high pitched "Huagh" sounds when I roll. But seriously, ocarina of Time was a masterpeice and I couldn't picture playing N64 without it. I still have my N64 and OOT.

One thing I can say about the zelda series is that I have NEVER been let down. I have played parts of Windwaker and at first I was like "These grafix are da suxx0rz" but then I just shut my face and got used to them. They aren't bad at all, and I rather like the way he looks in that game.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead here, but I think that Twilight Princess looks absolutely gorgeous. There's something about it I really like. I heard they are taking LoZ and moving it to a darker game this time. So far the series has been the standard save the princess YAY! But now I hear they are making it a darker more twisted plotline and we're all going to be in for a shock. I know that Link will have a variety of new abilities and items (He better have that hookshot though!). I know more about it, but I don't want to spiol it for anyone who doesn't want to read it and I'm too lazy to type spoiler tags, *laugh*.

None of the games are my favorite, but thet all are great. I have to sat OOT, Link's Awakening and Link to The Past were the best three I've played all the way. Windwaker has promise. I should go to Game Crazy and pick up Majora's Mask just because it'll be like 3 bucks and I'm guaranteed a great time playing it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ocarina of Time...###1!!!!!!

The game just does everything right. The controls are so good that they've been re-used in the last two console outings, and don't even start me on Z-Targeting. The game has a nice epic, as opposed to dark story, and the perfect amount of dungeons...8 Big ones, 3 small ones and Ganon's Castle. A solid game all around that brought me back into the series (the 6 years between A Link tot he Past and OoT were tough).

Himuro says:

Quote:
I don't get why Wind Waker gets hated on because of the graphics. Honestly, was the first Zelda game people played Ocarina of Time? Before OoT Zelda was very bright, colorful, and had a dream like world. Cel Shading is perfect for the series. It's a shame that people complained because I wish they'd keep that art style for the rest of the series. It totally suits Zelda if you've been playing since the beginning.

It wasn't even the graphics that made me dislike the game. I actually enjoyed the new graphics, because it's always Nintendo doing something new. The facial expressions were perfect, and so were the lighting effects, but...

1) First off, on the usual Zelda 'Find three of these and get back to me' quest, you labour through the first two dungeons to get the pearls, and then the third one is just given to you by that big fish? The only word that comes to mind is 'laziness' for that one. The game (if I remember) had five dungeons and one Last Boss area. I'm sure that they could have put one more in to make the game last longer than a week.

2) Sailing around the ocean is tedious and boring. Can anyone admit that they enjoyed doing this? (other than at first)

3) Every single boss has been seen before, and the game came out three years after WW and five and a half after OoT. Again, laziness.

4) I didn't find anything exceptional about the story. One of my few complaints about the series is that every game seems to revolve around some girl getting kidnapped. Would it kill Nintendo to throw in some outside elements?

5) Stupid Tingle and his stupid Sidequests. My head will literally explode if he is in Twilight Princess.

But, in respect, I enjoyed that last boss fight alot, even if it was a little easy, since you just had to hit him about six times, and then get at the right place at the right time. The marionette battles before that are phenomenal, and harder than anything in Ocarina of Time. There were also some sweet new items brought in, like the Grappling Hook and the ability to hold more money. I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy the game, but I'm pretty sure I traded it to a friend for Soul Calibur II and was much happier.

And, barring any of this, Twilight Princess should be a solid outing, perhaps even better than Ocarina of Time, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose, Jinners, you aren't alone. I went around Great Bay with Zora too. I loved how he could pop out of the water like a dolphin and those rolly turns he had were awesome. I loved electrocuting stuff. I also had a fun time in the river in Ikana Canyon and going down into the swamp. And we cannot forget about the wonderful beaver races. Good times.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh. I'm the only one to vote for Link's Awakening so far. I liked Link's Awakening a lot. It was fun for me. It had a good amount of dungeons too. In fact, I like all the Gameboy Zelda games. I like being able to equip two different things and all. Link to the Past is also one of my favorites because it has so many dungeons and seems so epic.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were very good as well. I actually liked Majora's Mask more than Ocarina of Time just because of the bomber notebook sidequests (and of course goron rolling and zora speed swimming). I liked Wind Waker a lot too because I like the setting, even though boating around got annoying after a while. If they would have made more land mass and less ocean it would have worked out better.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Vince, The reason you are the only vote is because it was only just recently added as an option. I am the second person to vote because i held my vote until it became an option. So, that explains why the game looks like its unloved.

What i personally liked were the new additions to the Zelda series made in that game. The compass, Roc's Feather and the running boots. The story was absolutely great. It was serious enough to get true fans attention and kiddie enough to attract younger crowds. It was difficult later on and challenging. It still takes me like four tries to beat the Wind Fish. Also this game featured one of the most interesting "trade like mad for a useless item" chains in zelda history. The Yoshi Doll will after like 15 trades become the magnifying glass which allows you to read a book in the library at Mabe Village. I won't reveal what the book says, but its quite useful. Another fun quest in the game is the Secret Seashells. This quest actully has a decent payoff though. If you collect 20 out of 26 you will get yourself a level 2 sword. I think you should have gotten 25 of the 26 to get the sword, but whatever.

I have played and beaten Link's Awakening so many times. It is probably one of the most replayed games im my game library. Definitely a worthy game.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Link to the Past the best. It just draws you in and makes you want more. Also there are just certain aspects of gameplay that just can't be done in 3D, nothing against new gen graphics but some things you just can't do. I've played most and I like most of them but Link to the Past was the only one I've played through several times.

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wind Waker is the one for me.
It was great to roam such open world map. The sailing reminded me a bit of suikoden IV but with muuuuch more locations to visit.
I dont not see what is wrong with graphics?
ya gotta love cartoons! :wink:
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I admitedly haven't played all of the Zelda games - I missed most of the ones on the Nintendo 64, other than The Ocarina of Time, and I haven't yet completed Wind Waker. Despite that, however, I feel comfortable in saying that the one I like the best is the classic Super Nintendo title, Link to the Past. Somehow, over the years, I've never gotten tired of playing Link to the Past. I like pretty much everything about it, with the possible exception of the Dark World forest dungeon, which annoys the crap out of me every time I play it.

On the whole, however, no "adventure" type game has ever captured me so completely, and I doubt I've played many other games as many times as I've played Link to the Past. (In fact, I've probably only completed Super Metroid more times...and Super Metroid is my favourite game.)

I actually am not a big fan of 3D environments. I prefer top down control, and in many ways, I prefer sprite graphics and line drawings over polygons, no matter how good they look. Bad polygons (Final Fantasy VII, anyone?) in particular just annoy the hell out of me, whereas sprites never seem to look as "dated" to me.

...In fact, since I just got a new Super Nintendo controller to replace my ailing piece-of-junk controllers from ages past, I'll probably take another run through Link to the Past as soon as I have time. :)

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: