Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Just a small question about Royal Guard units...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Just a small question about Royal Guard units... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, we`re having an election for Royal Guard in Highland, and we`ve come up with a title we want to use for it. Now, I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that coming up with a nation-specific title for this regiment is encouraged. Does this mean that whoever is elected Royal Guard is granted the title the nation has agreed on, or does he or she still have to pay 3000 soldiers to gain that title? Thanks in advance...

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, since it's just a promotion and not a rank change. Promotions normally warrant title changes anyway, so no one will have to pay the 3000 soldier cost when they're chosen as Royal Guards.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, that`s good to hear. Thank you.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only one Royal Guard unit is allowed per nation, though, remember. Personally I like having mutable Royal Guards.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

will these have any special things or fight better in battle or is it just a title nothing more to it?

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that would be an interesting thing to know whether these Royal Guard units will be any different in their ability or will be the exact same thing just with the title of being a Royal Guard unit? Just a thought anyway.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Royal Guard units get double defensive power. So, even if you have the unit type advantage over a Royal Guard, you still only do half damage.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are they implemented for the training battles, or won`t they get that bonus yet? That reminds me...when will we see the first real, non-training battle?

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They probably will go through the little tournament deal of the training battles before they move on to actual purposeful battles. Right now the training battle tournament is still going on but I dont actually know who my countries next opponent will be. My country of course being the Island Nations though technically it isnt "my country" perse as i am a member of said nation so uhhh yeah i'll just shut up now.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need to speak with SARSadmin about this, but I'm pretty sure royal guards are a unit to themselves, meaning they won't have an advantage or disadvantage against any other unit. Come to think of it, this will make them excessively powerful, so I may be wrong.

Real battles will start just as soon as the current battles are done. Two nations didn't get to participate in a training battle because one didn't reply that they wanted to, leaving the other without an opponent. And royal guards won't be implemented until the real battles begin.

21st Infantry Division

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What exactly do Royal Guards do anyway? always wondering what they do?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The warfaq would have told you that royal guard units are comprised of hand-picked soldiers with the best armor that can cut damage by 50%. As such, they are the defensive equivalent of nation leader units.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus, at the discretion of the nation leader, the royal guards can also get cool custom titles to distinguish themselves above the rest.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: