Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tips for the Perfect SII Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Tips for the Perfect SII Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK so I've started a new suikoden II file and for the first time I've had SI data to load, so here's what I want to do:

Complete Clive's Quest
Get 108 Stars
Not Miss any Items permanatley
Get to L'Renouille with all characters under Lv 49 (Can Riou reach Lv 99 using the level-up trick?)
And get McDohl of course

So is it possible? Any Tips? And is there anything else that'll make this completion perfect that I've missed?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's quite possible. The only flaw in my game was that there was one character who didn't reach Level 99: Genshu. Yeah, who else? My strategies have been ultimately time-consuming for the most part, but it does satisfy my goals for perfect gameplays.

For Clive's quest, we all know that you need to proceed through the game quickly since the limit for Sajah is 20 hours. One tip I have if you plan on having this perfect game, is that you should have been able to finish this sidequest before, so that you already have a gameplay for this, and it will only be a matter of incorporating strategy for the other complications the other goals will bring.

108 stars = we all know this is easy. As usual, get Feather and Sigfried. Sigfried because he can be recruited earlier, and earlier recruits = less worries for other SoDs. Gordon can be a problem, but Ancient Texts will own him.

Getting one-time deal items - I believe Recipe #3 is the only recipe that will give you a headache if you miss it. That, and the other recipes obtained from cook-offs. Now, the only other items you will miss are the Turtle Plans #2 from the RaggedOne's. Get them as soon as you can. I usually set five minutes for item-hunting, and reset if I don't get it after that limit. Oh, yeah... almost forgot about Silence Runes from the Highlands at the Highland-Muse border... man... not a save point near you either... but I guess it would be okay to spend a good 10-15 minutes hunting for it. The sooner, always the better.

<49 characters by L'Renouille - can't help you here. It's feasible, but only if you don't plan on boosting Nanami to Level 99. A better goal would be to get all characters (except maybe Genshu) to Level 99. That I can help with. It's hard to keep Nanami and Riou down for the whole game, but it's much easier with Fire Lizard runes attached to their weapons. You only get one from a chest, but you can get another one from the blue lizards in the Sindar Ruins. Again, use the item-hunting strategy of resetting after five minutes if you didn't get it, so that you can save time game-wise.

Now, as for getting Riou and Nanami to Level 99. For most of the game, you should try as much as possible to keep Riou at about Level 30 (or 31 since you have to recruit Wakaba). As for Nanami, keep her at most at Level 39. Like I said, the Fire Lizard Runes will help. You need to keep them down at boss fights as well, so make sure the other party members are able to hold their own without Riou's Bright Shield. You have to keep doing this until the fight with Neclord.

Keep killing Nanami and Riou off until beating Neclord. Next up is the liberation of Greenhill. This will be a little tough, so make sure to save before boosting Riou. Now, bring him ALONE outside the Greenhill area and fight a group of six (6) EyeFlowers. After beating them, Riou will be boosted from Level 30 (or 31 with 500 EXP) to Level 90. For the liberation of Greenhill itself, bring ONLY Riou (nobody else) and proceed through the forest path, and eventually to town. He's enough to beat Lucia and the Karayans, as well as the Zombie Dragon. One note about Zombie Dragon is that its very weak to the wind element, and its powerful attacks are fire-based (save for the physical attack), so make sure you equip Riou with *Cyclone and *Fire Sealing before proceeding. You have now liberated Greenhill.

Nanami's boost to Level 99 is much easier. After liberating Greenhill, you can get Jude. He is the key. Have him make the deity, and obtain a Fortune Rune. Equip it to Nanami and have her beat down the group of six (6) EyeFlowers. Don't forget to kill off Riou with that trusty Fire Lizard Rune. One battle and Nanami will be boosted from Level 39 to Level 99.

One thing of note: since Riou is only Level 90, Pesmerga will join at Level 95. It's your choice if you want to recruit him at that level, or to boost Riou to Level 94 so that he joins at Level 99. Keep in mind that you still have the Clive subquest to do, so it will be quite time-consuming to obtain 4000 EXP (basically 800 battles) or 2000 EXP with the Fortune Rune (400 battles). What I did was I did the level-up/die trick. It's basically the same as the stat stone trick, but instead of using stones, I kill myself after leveling up.

The last one is McDohl... to save time for the Clive subquest, I only get him after meeting Elza at Sajah, but if you think you have enough time to do this, then by all means, go for it.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't heard that way of getting to Lv 90 with Riou and 99 with Nanami before, the whole reason I wanted to get to L'Renouille under 49 was so I could the Lv 99 trick but you're right it'll probably be easier to just boost Riou to 90 and that way I don't have to worry as much about having him dead in the later boss fights.

At the moment I'm level 25 and on my way to recruit Shu and I'm almost at 5 hours so I should have no problems keeping my level below 31 till Greenhill. And luckily I got a silence rune without realizing they were rare. Thanks highwind. :D
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to help out a fellow perfectionist. Some people think it's hard, but it's really easy to keep your level low as long as you have the right tools. Also, it would be a good idea to skip all cook-offs for now, and just do them after beating Clive's sidequest to save time, but you probably already knew that.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok I'm up to Greenhill and their's a slight flaw in the plan - I'm pretty sure Eye flowers don't appear outside Greenhill till after liberation or are they just really rare?

And why only bring Riou to the liberation of Greenhill - I can understand not bringing Nanami as you want to keep her levels low till you get a fortune rune but why not bring other characters?

EDIT: Bloody hell, I just realized I was confusing the rescue of Teresa with the liberation of Greenhill, keeping to level 31 is going to be a bit more difficult now especially since I'm already at level 31 with about 900XP. But still I'm pretty sure you fight the Zombie Dragon before you can fight 6 Eye Flowers and get to level 90. Can this even be done? Won't you level up past level 31 when you fight Lucia at your headquaters?
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow i can level riou to level 90+
i didn't know that. well i finished the game 8 times but didn't do that
next time i will try it and i hope it work
i will tyr to kill the hero as m uch as i can
thnx everyone
and when i finish the game i complete clive story and get a lot of items and others........
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can fight those EyeFlowers anytime after beating Neclord, I think. If not, I'm pretty sure they can be fought even before liberating Greenhill. Also, I forgot to tell you that you also have to keep Riou down on the fight with Luca, as well as the two encounters with Highland soldiers afterwards. Make sure you heal yourself afterwards so that you can survive the duel with him.

Keeping him down won't really be as hard as long as you have him equipped with a Fire Lizard Rune. Be sure to avoid fire-based enemies as well like those blue fire lizards at Drakemouth Pass. Your attack will do 0 to them, and you will not lose any HP too
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you want a completly perfect game, I suggest having two save files. I mean that way you can have every character and the two best endings. (Only one being cannon.) This way you can have both of the choices like either Ridley or Boris Wizen, getting Abizboah, Rulodia, and Chuchara or Feather and Sigfried, and either Valeria or Kasumi.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: