Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Disgaea 2 has been announced! *Update 10/23/05*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is very welcome news indeed. I really have spent way too much time on the original Disgaea, so I told myself that I am not allowed to start a new game because it will take away another month or two of my life :P. The first game really was great, the light, comical storyline made it fun to play. Not all storylines have to be all deep and philisophical to be great and fun. Yey! Prinnies! :D
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Disgaea, I don't mind the lack of serious undertones, that's what I loved about Disgaea. It's just the importance of leveling up characters into level 9,999 as opposed to real strategy that turns me off from Disgaea. It's too overwhelming.
soulmate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:!: :!: :!: Wow this is exciting. I never knew they were going to make a Disgaea 2. The original took over 200 hours of my life in a good way. The customization, humor, leveling, and dungeons really got me addicted. I thought I was only going to play for like 30-40 hours since it says so in the back cover then later on I found out I was wrong. It's not very deep like some strategy games but it still keeps you interested. No other games from NIS got me as hooked as Disgaea. Disgaea>>Makai Kingdom=La Pucelle Tactics>>Phantom Brave. Anyways I'm really looking forward to this sequel. :mrgreen:
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, a new Disgaea is pretty good news to receive. I like all TRPG's, so for us to get yet another Nippon Ichi instalment is a great thing indeed. Not that I am in any rush, I still have plenty of them to finish.) That does not mean I enjoy them any less though, and I am always eager to add a new Strategic RPG title to my large and ever growing list. Bring it on I say.
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

30 new screens for all you crazy fans out there.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/disgaea2/screens/disgaea2ss101105a .html

Dressed to impress.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great, another game I'll have to buy when it comes out in England (I loved the first, dunno why I shouldn't like this one either). I think it's going to be interesting to see where the story fits with the last one.. 99% sure it's after the first, of course, but what of the main characters (except Etna, we've seen her already).

I'll keep a lookout for more stuff..
Jugend

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never did get into the first one. My brother enjoyed it, but I guess I'm not really into SRPGs. I might check it out at the very least, if my brother gets it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I've gathered about the game from RPGamer, here's what's known about the game so far:

****SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE STORYLINE***

-It is not set in the Netherworld. (*gasp*)
-The villain, Xenon placed a curse on the inhabitants of the world in this game.
-The only person who was unaffected is the protagonist, Adel, who wants to remove the curse.
-He tries to summon Xenon to confront him but instead summons his daughter, Rosalinde (the big-breasted broad)
-Rosalinde is a spoiled brat who starts at level 1.
-Etna and prinnies will arrive in this world.
-It seems Etna will be joining you because she wants to challenge Overlord Xenon and claim title of "Strongest Overlord Ever".
-Her status has changed from Retainer to Majin! :twisted:
-Overlords from Makai Kingdom will make appearances in the form of summons when you cast a spell.
-Combos are still there while Grid maps and Dark Assembly return.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's actually his mother that tries to summon Xenon. The "curse" is that he transforms the populace into demons that are a little cooky, which is why she puts her family into a big kettle and sacrifices them for the summoning.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good thing. I was getting tired of having no grid. This game should kick all the butts.
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, official release date is August of 2006!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144924

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: