Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Queendom of Falena's age

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: The Queendom of Falena's age Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Sars translation is completly right, and Falena existed 1000 years prior to SV that would put it's founding some where around -500 of the Solar Year.

well from the time of the The Succession War which is what I guess is as close we know from SV (Georg Prime joins the Succession War awhile after the queens assasanation) It would have been founded a little before -554 Sol.

Making the Queendom much older Harmonia.

of course I could be wrong.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the trailer:

"1000 years of peace and prosperity for Falena can only be realized through unparalelled power and laws being enforced with unshakable integrity."

So, it is saying 1000 years forward in time from whenever S5 takes place, not back in time.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the same too, but it just didn't fell right. unparalelled power and laws being enforced with unshakable integrity just didn't seem like something a hero would striving for. I don't know I guess it ws a dumb thought. I guess it works that way too. Or just that way... Oh well.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hero cant rule after the game eighter he will guard his sister and her childeren or leave Falena. So he wouldnt be the one enforcing power.

CLERKS
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the old general dude saying that stuff about 1000 years, not a narrator. He obviously has different goals from the Hero and the Queen, since they all seem to be in conflict.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, that was the voice of Marscarl, the bald aristocrat who leads a force that opposes the queen. He will likely be an enemy of the hero, sort of.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS do you know the names of any other Suikoden 5 characters?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is the current up to date information ala Username:

Rhapsodia/SuikodenV Quick Reference Guide (10/11/05)

Once it's known, it'll be known here - just look for it and it's in this forum somewhere.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, in any case...If I'm Felid I'm freaking out...It's not a given but we assume the Queen will die...

To date, Lucia is the only surviving Suikoden hero parent (unless you want to count Lino)...Suikoden heroes have a knack for being orphans.

Then again, when is it even been a good idea to be a RPG parent ;)
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can imagine Miscarl being sortof like Kiba and Klaus were in S2. He might be an enemy at first, but he could see eye to eye with the hero or something like that. Or, he could be like Troy and Colton in S4, as much as you wish you could use either of them, you couldn't, sadly.

I haven't noticed the fact that most (not including Hugo) heroes turn out to be orphans at the beggining- or near the end (since Tir didn't become an orphan until mid-way through the game).

I think that the "1000 years of peace and prosperity" lines are meant as a background to the nation of sorts. Most of the Queens might be more like dictators behind the scenes, but they act like nice people when others are around.

Such as those assassins in the video that appear behind the queen, I am still not convinced that they don't work for her. I could be wrong, but she seems to know them or something....

She could secretly be using assassins to carry out her dirty work, and not tell anyone, and so they still think that she is a good person, when she isn't...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: