Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question about Antei / Teien area in Suikoden 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Question about Antei / Teien area in Suikoden 1 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone happen to have an idea as to where the idea came from for the Kunan area? Specifically Antei, it's quite an interesting place. Teien I suppose is just a fishing village, but it has a different look and feel from the more Japanese-style fishing areas like Kaku. Whatever it is, I really like it. :)

Just curious. Thanks!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has a generic "European" feel. None of the publications say anything about a concrete source. Kaku, Kouan, and Seika actually have Chinese style architecture (I know it's not easy to tell). The only place in Suikoden that have distictively Japanese architecture is the Village of Rokkaku. The interior of houses in Le Buque also have Japanese-esque influence (such as a hearth in the center of the room).
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Sars. I figured when your region guide called it 'occidental' that was about all we had. The best real-life influence I can think of is perhaps a seaside town in Europe, or maybe - this is a long stretch - coastal areas in Canada, like Nova Scotia, in the case of Teien. And yeah, concerning Kaku, I should have said Chinese, not Japanese. The name 'Kaku' kind of throws me off. Very Japanese-sounding, at least to me.

Anyway thanks. I love the whole Antei/Teien area, aside from Millich's place. The music in those towns are some of my favorite tracks from the game.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that Antei and Teien had a distinctly French feel. Of course, that was probably due to Milich's renaming the towns and giving them all French names...
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just a quick question while we're on the subject...what is the correct way to pronounce "Teien"? I say it like "Tay-en" but I could be wrong. I've been saying Suikoden names wrong for years...Georg, Camus, Crowely, Luc, Miklotov, Leknaat, Lotte, Sonniere, Guillaume, etc.

^Actual quote!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Tey-en" sounds pretty close.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Just a quick question while we're on the subject...what is the correct way to pronounce "Teien"? I say it like "Tay-en" but I could be wrong. I've been saying Suikoden names wrong for years...Georg, Camus, Crowely, Luc, Miklotov, Leknaat, Lotte, Sonniere, Guillaume, etc.

How do you mispronounce Camus and Lotte? :?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus can be mispronounced as "K-mus", and Lotte as "Lot". Or maybe those I've mentioned were actually the correct pronunciations. :?
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I said "Lot" for the longest time. And "Ca-mus" too.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: