Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

suikoden III dilemma

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amadeusx

The Demons of Repentance

33505 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: suikoden III dilemma Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i recently just beat suikoden 3 (maybe a week ago?) and i'm just lvling all the SoD's in the ceremonial site. and i kind of want to go back and start over again fresh, since i just kind of rushed through everything because the story was good since the order i played was hugo/chris/geddoe chapter 1 then 2 then 3, and i just couldn't stop advancing in the game to find out what happens next.

now to stop rambling. my delimma is how should i play the chapter in my second play through, for future reference who should i use as FC (i used hugo as my first FC) and finally i would like others to decide on a team for me to use throughout chapter 4 and 5 and final boss. thanks in advance.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On my first playthrough i went Hugo 1, Chris 1, Geddoe 1, Thomas 1, Chris 2, Hugo 2, Geddoe 2, Hugo 3, Thomas 2, Geddoe 3, Chris 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5. I was told that it was the best way to flesh out the story without it being spoilt by playing the Chapters in blocks of 3.

I used Hugo as the Flame Champion first, followed by Chris and then Geddoe. I found Hugo to be the best...just.

As for who to use as a party for Chapters 4 and 5 i just used all my strong characters with Hugo, Chris and Geddoe in my party as much as i could.

The Final Boss i used the default characters shall we say that tag along with whichever character you choose as the Flame Champion, with Hugo having the most open slots for extra characters.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually go Hugo 1, Chris 1, Geddoe 1, Chris 2, Hugo 2, Geddoe 2, Geddoe 3, Chris 3, Hugo 3, Thomas 1, Thomas 2, Chapter 4, Chapter 5.

I've only tried Hugo as flame champion so I can't say personally which is best.

Which group that I use in Chapters 4 & 5 varies considerably, but I tend to use some characters more than others. I take Nei along as a healer/support character; I have some sort of tank (Cecile, Mua, Fred, etc) usually Cecile; a fighter like Juan or Emily; and a magician like Rody or Piccolo. Often times, I will just take some people from the main characters' default groups like Joe/Fubar, knights, and mercenaries. Then, I fill up a space or two with a character who is not super powerful, but I like anyway.

I go with Goldmember's idea for the final boss. I generally take the default party (and with Hugo that leaves me with three openings) and Geddoe and Chris. The final open slot goes to whomever I want to take. Usually Futch.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played all 3 as FC before, and trust me, only for the purpose of story, use the others. Otherwise, stick with Hugo as FC, who is "officially" the FC anyways, and he is the best of the trio.

The first time I played, I went chapter by chapter, playing Hugo 1, Chris 1, Geddoe 1, Hugo 2, Chris 2, Geddoe 2, Hugo 2, Chris 2, Geddoe 2, Thomas 1, Thomas 2, 4, 5. Of course, I found it a bad idea, since I found it very difficult to catch up with the story, and it got very irritating seeing the same scene happen more than once (seeing Karaya burn down three time is REALLY fun...) However, it is better if you do not want to go to far without playing through the whole thing once first.

I personally prefer playing Chris 1,2,3, Thomas 1,2, Hugo 1,2,3, Geddoe 1,2,3, 4,5 for the purpose of seeing how one whole party feels without seeing what other feel first. It is pretty nice, as each viewpoint shows how the team thinks of others as bad. Other the other hand, the previous one is for the whole story bit by bit, but how each character view each event.

In the end, its all about personal taste, since the Goldy and Sage appear to prefer the first.

As for the boss, I just pick the strongest party I can find, so my main party will often find Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Futch, Bright and Sasarai more often than not.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only did the above order in my previous post the first time through. On each subsequent playthrough i just played them like your good self halberdier, for your exact reasons.
amadeusx

The Demons of Repentance

33505 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm...i think i'll go with geddoe 1-3, chris 1-3, and hugo 1-3 last so i can camp the fury runes longer. but as for party can you guys choose the party for me i want to say the weakest but then i don't really think any SoD are weak, some just need more time to improve then other. i most likely will make geddoe as FC or maybe hugo again since i have another saved file right before chapter 4. it just feels weird with chris or geddoe as FC. thanks for all the suggestions

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm not gonna tell you which order of chapters I used since the last few posts took care of that. I usually pick Hugo as the FC, but not because he's the best. I pick him so that Geddoe can keep his True Lightning Rune, since I think it's a far superior Rune than the True Fire. On my final party I usually pick Hugo(duh!) Geddoe, for the reasons stated above, Stella, equipped with a Thunder rune along with her Rage Rune to add more fire power, Sasarai, to add support and healing magic, Emily, equipped with a Lion rune so she can long range attack, and someone else as a healing backup.(like Rody)

As you can see I'm very magic oriented when I choose party member, especially since the last fight is mainly a magic battle.

The rest of the time I try to use a balanced team with both magic and melee. I like using the characters that I like instead of the most powerful ones. So there you go, I hope you find this useful.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer to use Chris, mainly because I don't consider true fire to be a great rune and Chris isn't really magically oriented. Besides, she's just plain cool, and she's someone I don't mind spending most of the rest of the game with. (Geddoe, too, but like Kikito says, True Lighting is just a great rune and really suits Geddoe well.) Besides, you get an extra scene! XD

However, a lot of the reason I pick Chris often is I just don't like Hugo much at all, and if I have the option of spending the last half of the game without using him much, I'm pretty likely to pick it.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: