Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nihilive

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English and Deustch, respectively.
Jillia Blight

Servants of the Lost Queen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English as my first language. Like there was any doubt, seeing as I'm an American, heh. I'm also an English major in college, which makes my skill in the language doubly strong. Then again, that's not entirely important, everyone who posts here at least knows English, heh...

For secondary languages, though, I have two. I took three years of French in high school, so I still remember some of that. I'd consider myself semi-fluent, but not enough to survive in native France without some serious catching-up work.

And I also speak Japanese. I took three years of it in college, before transferring out of the school that offered it. I'm in no way fluent, but I can translate kana pretty well. Understanding what people say? Without kana subtitles, that's a bit hard for me, heh...they talk way too fast for me to pick up everything. I'd have to tell them to slow down after every sentence (Luckily I DO know how to say "Say that again, only slower, please" in Japanese).
exhale

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English is my first language, but I've been taking Spanish language classes since seventh grade, and I'm planning to minor in the language. That's 7 years of Spanish so far plus one and a half years more for the minor. I like studying languages and I wish I had more electives open so I could study German or French, but I guess you can't have everything. I'll stick to Spanish and maybe I'll have time later in life to pick up another language. That'd be awesome.
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English was my first language. I also learned Cantonese but I had so much trouble with it when I was a kid. It's such a hard language to learn. -___- Right now, I can speak both languages fluently, except that I can't read Chinese characters well. XD! I'm having a feeling that it's going to take a while since there's like, eeerr...a billion Chinese characters/words out there and I have to at least know or can read most of them. >___>

I'm learning French in highschool right now. I can't speak it really well but at least I can read French. >__< But the language isn't bad. I am also taking a Mandarin course in a night school, which I signed up for two years ago. I find it easier to speak the language than the time I was learning Cantonese. Maybe because the pronunciations are quite smooth sounding and of course, there's ping yum to back me up. ^__^

I'm very interested in learning how to speak Japanese, but I think I'm going to do that when I get into a post secondary school.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English was my first language. I also learned Cantonese but I had so much trouble with it when I was a kid. It's such a hard language to learn. -___- Right now, I can speak both languages fluently, except that I can't read Chinese characters well. XD! I'm having a feeling that it's going to take a while since there's like, eeerr...a billion Chinese characters/words out there and I have to at least know or can read most of them. >___>

I'm learning French in highschool right now. I can't speak it really well but at least I can read French. >__< But the language isn't bad. I am also taking a Mandarin course in a night school, which I signed up for two years ago. I find it easier to speak the language than the time I was learning Cantonese. Maybe because the pronunciations are quite smooth sounding and of course, there's ping yum to back me up. ^__^

I'm very interested in learning how to speak Japanese, but I think I'm going to do that when I get into a post secondary school.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English is my native language, and I've taken 3 years worth of Japanese, (completed the program a year ago) and I might be able to (I did a while ago) carry on a (somewhat embarassing) conversation in Japanese with little help. I can read, write, and speak it very well, but there is just so much that I still don't know. I know roughly 250 kanji, and it's steadily going down due to not practicing. :oops: I try to stem the rate that I lose information by watching anime and playing games in Japanese, and it helps, but not as greatly as I'd like it to be.

However, my friend will be coming back in about a week. He was in Western Michigan University's travel abroad program, and he went to Japan for a year. Hopefully, he'll be able to re-kindle my desire and drive to re-learn all that I've lost. :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mostly speak english everywhere i go... home, my "I'm too inept to spell 'friend'" place and in college as well... and yeah i have a slight slang problem but over the forums it's not as bad as i tend to type in almost standard english...

I can speak cantonese/chinese... but i can't read or write much of it...:(... i would learn but i quit school years ago... so i didn't really learn much lol...

I can speak lil bits of french becase of my old school which taught french and we had ta learn it... I can speak a tiny bit of ureba/nigerian language thanks ta some of my nigerian friends lol... most of the basics anyway, but pronouciation ain't exactly perfect... also spanish because of another friend of mine... and i think that's about it...of course there is a tiny bit of japanese from animes lol

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English and a good bit of French. I'm planning on becoming fluent in French and possibly Spanish.
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i speak fluent english and can understand french and a little spanish. i actually have to understand a good portion of spanish seeing how i live in florida. the problem withe language is that they have to many veriations like french does and unfortuently if i dont pay close attention to it, i end up crossing the two languages and creating a problem. :oops:

i just need to study some more i guess :lol:
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English and a decent amount of Japanese. Well, ive taken three years of japanese at my school, and watch anime and can actually understand the none complicated stuff without subs. So its progress. Besides that i guess the French during elementary days (oh how time flies~), i kinda learned something from it, though i bypassed grade 8 french. Dont know how, but im happy i didnt have to take it.
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

linguistics is my hobby.
i speak fluently- english, hindi, gujarati, spanish.
I speak partially- italian, portuguese, catalan, rajesthani, sanskrit, latin, greek, japanese.
i read in- german, russian, danish, dutch, french
soulmate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak fluent english, a great bit of spanish, a bit of japanese, a bit of french, and partial german and tagalog. I really want to improve in speaking japanese(I want to go to Japan one day, I want to know what the imported games I have mean, and I want to understand some of the anime I watch), spanish(because everyone around this place speaks spanish), french(what a romantic language!!!! :oops: ), and tagalog since my family back in Caoayan speaks that and well I want to get a better relationship with them since I felt kind of hated and disliked when I was there when in truth my mom told me that they were just trying to avoid me because they are ashamed on how unfluently they speak english.
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak english (of course) and a little bit of spanish. Its kinda embarising because am hispanic and my family makes fun of me because i sound funny when i talk and kids are mad that am in a spanish class!
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

me no speaky englayes! oh wait, its the other way around
I speak only English, but at one point I was able to speak semi-fluent spanish. now I cant remember any spanish at all! and for my psuedo french, I put the word "le" in front of all other words. Le Gasp!
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Le Gasp

That's funny! :lol: I was born in Mexico so I know how to speak, read, and translate Spanish pretty well. I was only in a bilingual class for one year when I first came here so I never practiced writing it, hence my writing in Spanish is for crap. I learned English pretty fast too and it's one of the subjects I do really good in (excuse my inability to be modest) :mrgreen:

I also took French for more than 3 years and can read it, write it and translate it pretty well. But that's only because I would read the text book at home! :evil: Curse you Ms. Peterson (my french teacher)! My accents fairly good too I'll give her that one.

Like a lot of you, I want to learn Japanese because I get giddy just thinking of traveling there! Learning languages is fun!

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: