Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most annoying character to recruit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mokumoku and Landis... Definitely....

Jabba was occasionally annoying... Depending on your luck...

Billy can sometimes suck as well... Especially when i once stupidly forgot to save before trying to get him, and the friggin game simply REFUSED to let me obtain another S statue... Urgh...

And for S4, i'd definitely agree that going through Obel ruins twice really stinks... Especially when Obel ruins are so annoyingly long, with almost identicle paths everytime...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, wasn't it Jabba that needed the nameless urn? Sarah just needed some soap...
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jabba and the trader in S2 you need 10,000 and the only way to find out is to go to him in Gregminster.

CLERKS
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone else ever find Nalkul and Champo hard to recruit? That mouse mini-game was kind of annoying...

Actually, all the mini-game recruits were annoying, mostly due to the luck involved. Marco and Georges aren't bad, but that's just because their games are so easy. The recruits like Rita or Billy, those are the hard ones. But all the games get easy once you get the hang of them, so I guess those wouldn't be the hardest...

I also hate the ones that force you to traverse a dungeon over again, like Pesmerga (in both games!), Mazus, and that guy in the Obel ruins (darn, what's his name!).

Then there's Clive in Suikoden I...
Enter the town, enter the inn, exit the town...
Rinse and repeat. And Jabba.. the randomized item drops.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't find any of them hard to recruit, just that some of them are really tedious.
soulmate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had trouble recruiting Pesmerga in suikoden one. In part three it was landis, emily( i didn't know what to do with her), and those dogs. Part four it was Maxim, Warlock, Snowe, and Gau.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the most annoying character is gordon cause you have to go and come back to check your profit but after playing it several times i found him really easy so no more ahahahaha
the second one is landis shit
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most annoying character to recruit in any RPG had to be Suikoden III's Hortez VII. While I don't remember exactly the order of things, you have to talk to him in about four places, giving him directions to the same place, and then you have to tell him the wrong way the fifth time and you pick him up. You have to get all 108 stars in Suikoden, there's just no other way, and especially because I wanted to play Luc's perspective.

And after all that, searching in Caleria, Chisha and Duck Lake, he isn't even a decent fighter! Alot of work for just a support character, and to my memory he wasn't even one of the best ones.

Landis was pretty random with me the first time. I got to Chisha with Chris and Nash, and then the battle ensued, and I saw this weird tall guy with wings and a scythe in my parts. I didn't even realize I'd picked him up until about an hour later!

My second playthrough, it took me five minutes to get him.
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me the most annoying one to recuit is Travis. it is hard to get through Obel ruins and you have to do it twice !!! ><
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S3, I had a difficult time recruiting Billy. I keep on rebooting my PS2 at least ten times just because I couldn't win the card game. >__< Most of the Suikoden mini-games were fun, but Billy's was one of the exceptions and it really annoyed me. >___>

In S4, I had trouble recruiting Millay. After I had the HeroIV made an alliance with Nay, I kept on going to Na Nal time to time but I couldn't trigger a scene at the harbour. When I had recruited everyone but Snowe and Millay, then I realized I needed to go talk to someone in Middleport and have Reinbach in my party in order to trigger a scene with Millay. Heh, silly me. XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pyroflame wrote:
Here's something I find a lot of people don't know about Gordon. You don't have to trade TO HIM.

I didn't know that. That stinks that i spent so much time going to and from Gregminster. Thanks for the info.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most annoying character to recruit is definitly Champo, just bringing yourself to let that bloody cat into your army is really hard, but then again I love when he shows up in the training hall, I try to cause as much damage as possible to him without killing him and then unleashing Judgement on his pitiful excuse for a character.

Either that or Snowe, kind of annoying that you have to choose between the pleasure of killing the coward or getting the best ending.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kidd in Suikoden 3. Not because it's hard in the least, just because I despise that damnable scenario you have to go though.. Plus Kidd annoys the bejeebies out of me too. Gah

-My DeviantArt-
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Travis is definitely annoying...
Not because it is hard to get trough Obel ruins but more because of the random battles...
Same with Taisuke, because you have to go through the same cave three times.
Very annoying and a waste of potch on escape talismans :x
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hortez was pretty annoying to recruit. I actually got lucky with recruiting him because I didn't know how and I just managed to tell him the wrong place to go by accident the final time. But had I not, I would have been a bit annoyed.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I can't hope to express my hatred for Gordon, and for the recruiting of him, in mere words. Trading is totally useless in Suikoden 2 anyway, as becomes obvious when you discover how difficult it is to make 50,000 potch profit to give the idjit. Walking to Gregminster bites, even when you're powerful enough to 'let go' every group of monsters - especially since you can make more than 50,000 walking to or from Gregminster fighting the enemies there, adding insult to injury.

Other than Gordon, I thought recruiting Anita in two was a big pain in the ass if you didn't pick up Valeria. Unless someone knows a good way to do it, it seems to me that you just have to keep talking to her for what could be thirty seconds, and what could be thirty minutes, or could be bloody hours.

Hortez VII in Suikoden III was irritating to recruit as well, but Suikoden III also had the least in the way of stars that you had to actually recruit, and I think overall, less annoying ones than two. Two also featured Mazus, whom you had to run all the way back through the hilariously long Tinto Mines to recruit, AND Pesmerga that you had to run to the very top of the Cave of the Winds to retrieve, both of which were longer than the Ruins of Obel in four (for whomever is complaining about getting Travis...).

Also, if you neglected to get MukuMuku in Kyaro at the beginning of the game, he's incredibly frustrating to recruit later as well, when you have to fight alone on the Plains of Greenhill. In my experience, yet another adventure that can take a couple minutes, or a few bloody hours.

I also hate Chinchiron (sp?) and pretty much any of the other luck-based minigames, so I've always hated recruiting Tai Ho, Shilo (in two), and...whomever else plays those blasted games. The guys in 4 that have minigames aren't quite as bad, since you don't actually have to beat Gunter at his game, and some of the others (like the block game) are a lot less luck, and a lot more fun.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 10 of 20

Jump to: