Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 Opinion [NO SPOILERS]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well suikoden is my favorite game series of all time, and yet I really REALLY did not like IV... from the bland and limited environments, awful boat controls, weird running animation, choppy cutscenes, way too easy and unoriginal ways in which you recruited the 108 stars... none of the elements added up to make it good for me. I enjoyed certain aspects, sure, but not enough overall to say I liked the game. I don't really understand how people enjoyed the story so much... i can sum it up in like 20 seconds, and not to mention the lack of much character developement, aside from like 3 people. Even though they tried to make this one more like older suikoden games, I liked the innovations in III much much more than this, and I and II are my overall favorites, and this game definately did not 'feel' like those, so mission failed IMHO. This is just a sour rant, I know... i'm sort of surprised so many diehard suikoden fans liked IV so much... could I be missing something? Probably not. Guess this just wasn't my cup o' tea, but hey--i'm glad some people did like it and at least we all went and bought it so that they'll keep on bringing more games over here :mrgreen:
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really liked Suikoden IV. I was a little hesitant to play it after beating Suikoden III. SIII was a pretty good game but nothing in comarison to the other games in the series. Suikoden I & II are still the best and I'm glade IV turned out to be pretty decent. I can't waite for Suikoden V to be released.

But, yeah, I definitely recommend Suikoden IV. Good stuff. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: